SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how long have u known that barry ferguson wanted to leave blackburn, and not just leave but leave very quickly smile.gif

At least fergie didnt have rovers players telling him he should sign for rangers. tongue.gif

Maybe tugay wink.gif get him out the way then the role is mine...alll mine!

Would have been strange if amo had got off his beehind and told baz to go! 'Och its wonderful up there, all that rain and the quality of the league is amazing!'

Chris aren't gers out of the cups or at least 1 and 3 points behind in the league which means its as good as over looking at rangers squad!

PS. Wonder how much viola managed to steal out of this deal!!!!!

Edited by modes98

Disgusted with this.

On Thursday the asking price was quite rightly a guaranteed £6m and not a penny less.

We then maintain up a show of false bravado until predictably in many ways caving in at the last minute giving us no chance to secure a replacement.

I really do think John Williams position is untenable following this shambles. How can Ferguson's value depreciate by £1.5m in 4 days? Makes Rangers initial estimation of depreciation on him of £3.5m over 18 months look positively generous.

Furthermore

a) Players now know they can walk out of Blackburn Rovers at any time with little or no opposition.

cool.gif Other Clubs will know we are a particularly soft touch in the transfer market. Whenever we quote a price for one of our players they know that isn't really the real price. Conversely we always seem to end up paying top dollar for players. ie in the case of nr 31 yr old Savage, useful acquisition though he undoubtedly is.

Dunn, Duff, Cole for nothing and Ferguson at a substantial undervaluation. And people wonder why the ground is one third empty.

How can Ferguson's value depreciate by £1.5m in 4 days?

Furthermore

a) Players now know they can walk out of Blackburn Rovers at any time with little or no opposition.

cool.gif Other Clubs will know we are a particularly soft touch in the transfer market. Whenever we quote a price for one of our players they know that isn't really the real price. Conversely we always seem to end up paying top dollar for players. ie in the case of nr 31 yr old Savage, useful acquisition though he undoubtedly is.

Its down by £1mil not £1.5mil. Thye can hardly dodge playing him for the certain amount of apps seeing as he is on a nice loooong 5 1/2 year deal!

a) Players know they can walk out on any club in the world with no opposition. Wheres the point in fighting a player who doesn't want to play for you. You simply bide your time and get the biggest possible price. AS a certain coventry city did when we wanted thommo.

cool.gif We paid less for savage than brum wanted! £500k under! It is irrelevant what other clubs think of us because if we are selling we can just simply wait for that deal that suits us. Thats whats so good about being the selling club, even if it means the guy doesn't play if you are so stubbon you can hold on to players!

Nice doing business with you. 

Not surpised you think that. Tugay was the only decent player we've had off you - frankly you've taken us for quite a few million, what with Ferguson and Amoruso. Still, you can be happy that you have a skipper back who can lead by example and show real moral fibre and courage when the going gets tough... doh!

So many whingers on here. Shut the flerk up guys you are making me depressed. Dont forget it was us who started it by pulling their necks out and getting 4.5 million for Colin Hendry right at the fag end of his career. Big Col would have cost us big time cause his pace disappeared overnight and he still had a lot of years left on his contract. Factor that in and things are fairly equal.

imo half a result today. We got rid of a vastly overrated player who has not performed to anything like the level expected of a £7m man, and knowing his weak character would have played even worse. BUT we did'nt get the striker that we need most. I'd have been well chuffed if Bellamy had landed, as it is if Dickov gets hurt we will have serious problems even finishing 4th from bottom. Ironic that the two strikers that we have been linked with will now playing pub football together in Scotland. Wonder how Sutty will figure in all this now?

Disgusted with this.

On Thursday the asking price was quite rightly a guaranteed £6m and not a penny less.

We then maintain up a show of false bravado until predictably in many ways caving in at the last minute giving us no chance to secure a replacement.

I really do think John Williams position is untenable following this shambles. How can Ferguson's value depreciate by £1.5m in 4 days? Makes Rangers initial estimation of depreciation on him of £3.5m over 18 months look positively generous.

Furthermore

Dunn, Duff, Cole for nothing and Ferguson at a substantial undervaluation. And people wonder why the ground is one third empty.

Um, look at other clubs outside the top five and try and argue that Williams has performed worse than them.

He did a good job and bluffed as hard as he could- eventually Ferguson, the wimp, forced his hand. The only other option was to hope that he committed himself to the side, if that was not possble we had to sell. Only JW and MH will know whether that was the case or not.

Assuming the worst, Barry said that he would never play for Rovers again, how would of you in your wisdom handled it?

how ever much it might naf people off ( and it will do) the baord and JW did the best that they could, they waited still the last momment and got the best price plus with the saving of his wages which I think are £30,000 a week the total price is not bad.

will rovers go down with the side we have I think not, so lest wait till thew summer and use the money wisely biggrin.gif

Disappointing is an understatement.

We just sold the guy for 1.5 million less than we had BOASTED it would require.

We didnt get a replacement.

We still cant score goals.

If we relegate,I hope the board knows it played a GOOD role in confirming it with the actions or inactions of the last 2-3 days.

But if we owed Rangers 2.5 million pounds is that exed now as well as we get 5 mill?  Or am I being absurd?

We get 2m cash + 500k later. Added to that we dont owe them the 2.5m anymorw. Ie we been taken to the cleaners by a bunch of mickey mouse scotsmen.

You do realise, that having bought him for 6.5 million, waving the 2.5 still owed means we effectively bought him for 4 million. So, 2m cash + 500K is not so bad. 1.5 million + wages loss for a season and a half. It could have been much worse. Grabbi or Davies for example.

rover.gif thank god he has gone,you cannot keep unhappy players-jw is a clown knows nothing about footba but at least we did not give this sourness signing away.

i for one have been very dissappointed in wee fergal's short stay at ewood,after the big build up he was no better than marshall burke.football is all about ups and downs,we will survive this season much as i hate him savage will see to that.we have our biggest cup game for 40 years ahead,5 more wins in the premier we are safe,a summer for sparky to get rid off the dross.

even if we went down,most off us would still be at ewood-like i said earlier the only loyalty in football today is us the fans tinykit.gif

WHAT IS DISGRACEFUL is that not once has he said anything about Blackburn or its fans or their support during his injury,poor form and everything else.

He is only talking about how much he missed Rangers,bla bla bla...

So what were we? mad.gif

so we made a 1.5 million - 2 million loss on his transfer fee, not to mention his damn wages and signing on fee for 18 months of virtually nothing.

rover.gif thank god he has gone,you cannot keep unhappy players-jw is a clown knows nothing about footba but at least we did not give this sourness signing away.

i for one have been very dissappointed in wee fergal's short stay at ewood,after the big build up he was no better than marshall burke.football is all about ups and downs,we will survive this season much as i hate him savage will see to that.we have our biggest cup game for 40 years ahead,5 more wins in the premier we are safe,a summer for sparky to get rid off the dross.

even if we went down,most off us would still be at ewood-like i said earlier the only loyalty in football today is us the fans tinykit.gif

I bet Friedel would be loyal

John Williams may have been holding all the aces but as I predicted in an earlier post, he's sensible enough to know it's pointless holding on to an unhappy player. As for the fee - £4.5 million ? Seems about right given the inflated price Rovers paid in the first place. You've got to hand it to David Murray - he forced the hand of Williams by insisiting Rangers would not pay the asking price for Ferguson. Rover's chairman eventually had to choose between losing money on the deal or keeping a player who had already stated where his loyalties lay. His next decision was easy.

Rangers have taken a fair amount of criticism on this forum and the club, player and game up here has been ridiculed over the past fortnight by certain individuals on this forum. Fair enough - you are entitled to your opinions but no doubt some of us will take great comfort knowing that you are hurting at the moment. That's football for you. Just when things are looking up the feet are taken from under you.

I believe Barry Ferguson will reflect on his time at Blackburn and realise he made a mistake. He hasn't been the Premiership success that I thought he would be but maybe his heart wasn't really in it. I'm reminded of a quote i posted on here when he moved to Rovers which was taken from a disgruntled Rangers supporter at the time " What has Ferguson given up ? A club with a great history, the Captaincy of Glasgow Rangers, the chance to be an Ibrox legend. For what - Blackburn - a little backwater town and an ordinary side" : Those comments were mocked on here yet probably sum up what Fergie has been missing. He should never have moved in the first place but that has now been rectified.

Welcome home, Barry...

Murray forced Williams' hand?

I DONT THINK SO.

It was Murray who said you wouldnt pay a penny over 3 million.

We got a further 1.5-2 million out of you.So thats a significant increase,dont you think?

A club with a great history?Well ya of course you play in a league where two teams contest the title each year.Big deal.You have been a failure in Europe,for a club of your "size" and "history".

Your best player couldnt make it at our level,and it was too much for him to handle.

What are you happy about? rolleyes.gif

Murray forced Williams' hand?

I DONT THINK SO.

It was Murray who said you wouldnt pay a penny over 3 million.

We got a further 1.5-2 million out of you.So thats a significant increase,dont you think?

A club with a great history?Well ya of course you play in a league where two teams contest the title each year.Big deal.You have been a failure in Europe,for a club of your "size" and "history".

Your best player couldnt make it at our level,and it was too much for him to handle.

What are you happy about? rolleyes.gif

Murray isn't stupid. I'll bet he knew he'd need to pay more than the original derisory offer - but the moment he put in a bid and Ferguson was interested then Williams was on a loser. Keep Ferguson or lose money - he had no choice and was forced to make a decision. It's that simple.

Failure in Europe - something we both have in common then rolleyes.gif And remember - it's not that long since only two sides were dominating your league now it's just the one !

As for Fergie, I've seen him run the show against, Feyenoord, Paris St Germain, PSV etc - comparable I'd say with at least - the very least - half the Premiership clubs. I do have some sympathy with Rovers supporters as I always like to see them do well but i think it's unfortunate that barry seems to be one of those players who performs better in surroundings he's familiar with.

Well do you think JW really thought we would get 6 million?No. It was just figure to suck out the most cash from you!

The story works TWO WAYS my friend!

We have failed in Europe,but we are only Blackburn Rovers,a small club from a small town,who has done much much more during its history than logic would grant.Our failures in Europe can be taken on the chin and a little disappointment.Not the same for yours!

Well do you think JW really thought we would get 6 million?No. It was just figure to suck out the most cash from you!

Thats spot on! We were never, ever going to get £6 million for Ferguson. His performances have not meritted that kind of fee.

We have got £4.5 million - rising to £5 miliion and then we will also save about another half a million on wages. Why do rovers fans always have a go at the board!!

I would much rather the soft scottish puff went back to rangers, than sit on our bench and get paid for doing jack sh!t!

As for the striker situation, like all managers say. Its hard to find a striker that will make a difference in the January window.

Edited by Hughesy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.