Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.urban75.org/football/rights.html

Ticket laws

Under the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act it is a criminal offence for you to resell a spare ticket - even if it is for cost price or less - or even free!

Its under the Criminal Justice Act 1994 section 166 if you are really that bothered.

Quite right but as my post said the police would never ever prosecute or even intervene in a transaction of face value or less. They simply are not interested.

ya still haven't mentioned the fact that tickets are now on general sale at the turd !

what is the capacity ?

with 4k Rovers fans and a bit of segregtion near to that little stand I would say it would amount to no more than 21500.

that puts it at around 17.5k of which around 350-500 will be Rovers fans I am sure tinykit.gif

erm, no they are not.

They will be on general sale when the ticket office opens in the morning as it goes.

Our capacity is 22619, which (by my simple dingle maths) makes it 18619 tickets for us.

350-500 Blackburn fans in the home stands? I hope they keep very very quiet.

ya still haven't mentioned the fact that tickets are now on general sale at the turd !

what is the capacity ?

with 4k Rovers fans and a bit of segregtion near to that little stand I would say it would amount to no more than 21500.

that puts it at around 17.5k of which around 350-500 will be Rovers fans I am sure tinykit.gif

erm, no they are not.

They will be on general sale when the ticket office opens in the morning as it goes.

Our capacity is 22619, which (by my simple dingle maths) makes it 18619 tickets for us.

350-500 Blackburn fans in the home stands? I hope they keep very very quiet.

Could have sworn the cricket field stand was 4.5k? Reduced to what, 4.2k earlier in the season, so its closer to 18,000.

But anyway, Im sure youll have 25,000 there, like normal. wink.gif

my little dingle friend

you know as well as I do there will be a gap in the little stand to our left taking off around 500 seats. Thou also needs to understand that there will be Rovers supporters in your ends, there always is and always be.

Trouble for both sets of fans as your implying that your lot may cause harm to our lot, from experience of olden days, the only real trouble that the claret trolls have ever caused is in their own town centre and the season they decided to slate each other in the Darwen End.

I well recall hundreds of Rovers fans taking the bee hole end when the dingles retreated into the longside. the joke lord stand was also home to a number of Rovers fans.

For some unknown reason you are underestimating Rovers supporters and the history behind the fixture.

i think that tomorrow morning will see a smallish queue only made bigger by the Rovers supporters.

If bumley had wanted to sell all of their tickets they would have done so by now. Truth is your a very small time outfit, smaller than pne and only on a footing with blackpool.

The match will do wonders for your finances although I would expect bfc to contribute highly to the rebuilding of your town centre such will be the hurt.

Y Rangers mate who is staying at my house for two days find this "banter" hilarious.

I have pointed out to him the following in relation to derby matches.

Celtic v Rangers is based solely on a religious basis

Everton v Liverpool is simply pride

Manure v City is about who is the real team in Manchester

barca v Madrid is about who is the best in Spain

Where Rovers and the dingles are concerned the derby is simply about hatred.

I think he understands by now that we have no love for each other just entertainment at the others demise. Now that puts the laughter firmly in the Blue and White corner tinykit.gif

Ticked Off ! I'm chuffin livid and I already have my tickets.

Glenn I wouldn't get to livid, this is more of the usual from thenodrog - anything to be controversial and wind up folk. Before I go on I didn't get tickets, and I'll claim the moral high ground by having turned down an offer from someone who had two STs, all the stubs but only wanted one ticket. I would have queued all night if I hadn't needed to be in Banbury at 9.30. As one who spent most of the morning on the mobile I think I can say with authority there was no apparent change in policy.

I put my first call in at 8.00am and then every ten minutes getting the TO closed message. Finally put a call in at 8.58 and the queue was full. Kept calling until 9.23 and then got in the queue at number 49. Sat in my customers car park working out I could sit there for the best part of an hour or shoot in do the business and then back on the phone. By 9.35 I had dropped down to No.44.

Started calling again at 10.20, finally got back in the queue around 10.30 at No.49, waited till Iwas No.35 and put my phone on hold thinking I could make some other calls. Managed to drop the call and had to start all over again at No.47 this time. At 11.21 the message changed from the usual blah, blah to "All tickets have now been allocated" This pretty much ties in with those who posted that sales finished at Ewood around 11.30.

At no time did the club drop my call and neither could I detect any change in policy. the lines behaved in the exact same way from 8.58 to 11.20.

I don't suppose anyone in the queue at Ewood used a mobile?

The club got this 99% right, what else could they have done?

Well I will wait to see it then.

Taking the Bob Lord? Thats like taking a creche you moron.

I will have a good look around me in the Longside upper tier a week Sunday for all the Rovers shirts - which home stand will you be in? certainly would love to see a few hundred try to take a stand on the 20th

Of course we could have sold them all by now but the club are ensuring Season ticket holders get a fair chance to get theirs first - there no rush you know we still have 10 days.

Am I supposed to be impressed by your Rangers friend or in awe?

The match money will certainly be welcome but we have plenty in the bank at the moment you tool.

It's interesting, your confidence in the outcome. Being strong favourites does not make victory a certainty - in fact it can be a real handicap.

Imagine this, lose Saturday then lose a week Sunday and suddenly you are out of the Cup with only a relegation scrap to look forward to.

What was last seasons loss again? How much debt on the books - even after all that for Duff etc.

Hatred? Only for braindeads like you

Oh dear this just gets better, ive been going on the turf since 1974 and ive been to ALL burnley/blackburn games since then!

YOU brought 12000, 8000 in the away end(it's never held more than 5000),you took over the bob lord, bee hole and took burnley over???

Give it a rest, you can invent bull$hit all you want if it makes you feel better!

Just got back with all my tickets and for what its worth and imho if BRFC had any business acuman whatsoever the Rovers should not have given priority to people with away stubbs! 

Imo Tickets should have been allocated as follows….

On Monday they should have given top priority to the ST holders who paid top dollar to watch Cardiff at Ewood. (With a free bacon butt and a cup of coffee to those who also held a stubb for Cardiff away  ) 

On Tues to ST holders who had stubbs from both Colchester and Bournemouth at home.

On Wed ST holders with no stubbs.

On Thurs and after anybody.

Its the only and most sensible way to reward people who put money into the club coffers.  Away fans are all fine and dandy but for all their admirable qualities they are actually giving much of their hard earned to strengthen the finances of rival clubs.   If a fan who attends every match home and away has an annual budget of £1500 then only about £4-500 will end up going through the tills at Ewood! sad.gif

This'll tick a few off but I was also in conversation with John Newsome and a couple of officials this morning and my mate also rang Tom Finn to complain about tickets being sold over the phone whilst people were queing half the night at Ewood! mad.gif   We were told (about 10.30am) that 'measures' had been taken to remedy that huh.gif.  So I guess that if it was hard to get through after 10.00 it might just have been down to our efforts........... sorry guys but I'd been up early without any brekky, taken half a day off work and it was not all that tropical I can assure you.

This one takes the biscuit. In other words sod the regular support, the week in week out brigade, some of whom work simply to be able to travel with Rovers........I doubt if a single one of them is an ST holder at Ewood, they probably just like long train journeys or perhaps even train spotting.

Away support put everything into supporting the team and to suggest they do not deserve a reward is utterly ludicrous. So not all of their money goes into Rovers pocket. tell me Gordon does every penny you spend in assocciation with football go to Blackburn Rovers? Ever bought a pint in a pub rather than go and watch in Blues bar. Got Sky? Best cancel that subscription and send it to your mate John Newsome. You cannot honestly say you have never put money in the pocket of another club so perhaps you shouldn't cast the first stone. I take it we can rely on you to buy some sandwiches and pop at Ewood on saturday and keep them for the Burnley game. Or might you buy a cup of tea at Turf Moor ohmy.gifohmy.gif

I'd agree those who attended the three home cup games should have had priority over other ST holders but not over the away support. The Celtic tickets clearly demonstrated this, when die-hard away travellers where usurped by the likes of me.

As for phoning to complain about telephone sales, that is a disgusting manner in which to treat your fellow Rovers fans. Through no fault of my own I had to be in Banbury today. What should I do? Put my livelihood at risk and join the queue. Put your brain in gear man.

So I guess that if it was hard to get through after 10.00 it might just have been down to our efforts........... sorry guys but I'd been up early without any brekky, taken half a day off work and it was not all that tropical I can assure you

I think we now clearly understand the sort of person you are. I'm alright guys, I got my tickets now lets sh!t on the rest of the support.

When I knew I wouldn't get tickets I shrugged my shoulders and thought that's life. Reading on here of people who are so outraged they won't buy an ST next year - well you can cut off your noses if you like. As for your outrageous suggestions and actions thenodrog - words fail me. Do you EVER consider others. I very much doubt it

I was and must admit to being rather scared that day.

Me as well SAR, remember driving back to Ossie, not daring to look left or right hoping there was nothing blue and white on show. Worrying if anyone noticed the Blackburn Ford garage sticker on the back window of my new car.

ouch that really hurt, your brain mus tbe hurting with all that you have suggested.

At no time did I ever say we were going to take a stand, I am not that way out. I dont condone violence in any form especially at a football match.

I will be in the away end, I am grown up now and am beyond sneaking into the burnley end to stand next to some dimwitted inbred who marvels himself at the way bertie does his crawl up and down the touchlines, someone once mentioned it was payton in disuise, I didnt agree but now I can see the resemblence !

still 10 days to go yes, but for such a big match you would have thought that as your tickets have been on sale for 10 days or so you would have at least sold more than you have. Over here at Glorious Ewood, they all wnet in just under 2 and a half days.

Confidence in the result, Yes you could say that, I mean 25 yrs and more but then again who is really counting ?

You mention a relegation fight if we lose the next 2 games - yes we are still fighting for survival in the best league in the world whereas your outfit are struggling to keep your heads above half way.

Money in the bank I hear ? well you did have to sell up though just to pay the rent !

Debt we hear ? well yes that is a worry for us, something that you will be able to give us your vast experience of. trouble is we dont need to mortgage ourselves and then sell the silverware akin to what agent kilby has done to your club.

The best thing that could happen to the dingles is that somehow you manage a draw just to guarantee financial survival through the summer when your public income is zero and the farmers need to be paid to remove the sh$$e from your pitch.

I love a slanging match with a dingle, there hard to reason with as they dont comprehend with anyone outside their own back yard. Keep it going ls, its really all you have left to look forward to.

As for the game, well you know the outcome already. The majority of your fans know the outcome and it is only the really serious inbreds that dont have the sense within their small pea sized brains to realise that the enemy is on the horizon and that yet again the blue and white half of Lancashire will prevail.

ps I thought the creche was on the longside. How wrong can one be. tinykit.gif

25 years that ecompassed a massive 4 games

You don't condone violence yet were revelling in tales of violence fueled glory?

Sold the ground - true, the single worst thing that has ever happened in my time as a fan.I hope we don;t live to regret this one. That said it covered the debt and we have banked another 4+ million since then.

I'm going to try this again, but common sense tells me you don;t have the noodles to understand it. The tickets have only been on sale to season ticket holders only - so with the best will in the world they could not have all been sold. Heres the full details for you

Tickets available as follows:

Thursday 3rd February - 09:15 to 17:00

Friday 4th February - 09:15 to 17:00

Saturday 5th February - 09:15 to 17:00

Monday 7th February - 09:15 to 18:00

Tuesday 8th February - 09:15 to 18:00

Wednesday 9th February - 09:15 to 17:00

Non season ticket holders can buy a ticket from Tuesday 8th February provided they have a ticket stub from this Saturday's home game against Leeds.

Tickets will be placed on general sale from Thursday 10th February at 09:15 (maximum six per person)

Not sure what your debt is - I heard about 30 million - so without selling how do you propose to cover it if you get relegated.

And as for the only thing that really matters, the game. You know the outcome do you? I certainly don't. I know it will be a tough game, I know the odds are stacked against us yet I also know we have already accounted for prem teams this year and see no reason why it couldn;t happen again. If our lads give it all they've got and lose then I will have no complaints. Out of interest will you be looking to play football or can we expect the Chelsea treatment as you kick our players out of the game

Before the ticket allocation argument descends into farce, let's just remember one thing.

This is the ONLY possible fixture where ANY Rovers fans are going to end up disappointed. The last time was Celtic away, and we won't be playing them for a while either.

Rovers got the allocation sequence spot on. I feel very sorry for people like Paul who had to weigh up a work commitment in Banbury against getting tickets.

Paul has a family to support and a job where he has to travel and meet targets, others with fewer responsibilities (or maybe just less responsible) will have gambled with their jobs and queued up (like the schoolkids and their teacher - brilliant story from Roversmum).

Any suggestion of Rovers sabotaging their own phone lines is just rubbish. They may have made a decision to move staff from the phones to the windows, but then when people are standing in the cold for 5 or more hours then not to have every window open would have been a poor show.

It's far more likely that the phone system had never been tested to such an extent and simply failed to cope.

If all the Rovers fans who suddenly want tickets for Burnley had bothered to go to City .. or Bolton .. or Villa .. or even to Boro last week .... maybe the phone system would work properly, and more people would have had tickets before the mad rush this morning.

Edited by Tris

The match money will certainly be welcome but we have plenty in the bank at the moment you tool.

And as it is a cup game, we get half of it wink.gif

So as well a the prize money for winning, we get the dingles hard earned annual wages!!

Arrogance breeds complacency - our chances are looking up by the minute

8000 in the away end(it's never held more than 5000)

Well I've been going on the Turf longer than you pal. dry.gif I'll give you a maths lesson.

The figure of 8,000 in the away section was taken from the LET. I was lucky - in leaving the pub and getting on at just before 2pm. I had no idea they locked the gates on the day, just read about it afterwards. Otherwise I'd have ben on the Bee Hole.

During the early 70's - around 1972 & 1973 I was on for two games against Liverpool in the FA Cup and Leeds in the league. The stand opposite the Longdide was no longer there as they were preparing to build the Martin Dobson Stand (you might get that one). Therefore there were only three sides to the ground and both matches were 38,000 capacity.

The Cricket Field Stand held 4,000 so the remaining 34,000 were on the Longside and Bee Hole End. Off the top of my head I would say 20,000 Longside and 14,000 Bee Hole? Bearing in mind the Longside runs the full length of the pitch I would say that's a fair estimate, perhaps even conservative.

Those two games were before segregation but when the away fans were plonked on the Longside a few years later, the away section of it came right up to the halfway line, in other words roughly half of the terracing. By then the capacity of the ground had probably fallen a bit (maybe not) so a figure of 8,000 away, 8,000 home and an area of no mans land is just about spot on.

If you remember on the day, hundreds of Rovers fans were ejected from the Bee Hole due to the fighting and/or safety reasons. These made their way into the Longside despite it being packed.

So not my figures then, they were taken from the LET, but unless you can argue that the Bee Hole was much larger than the Longside, they are correct.

You've got to love the build up to these games.

Analysing ticket sales over the last 25 years... who kicked who's ass on some train station in the 70's... it's great stuff.

No 17 year wait this time, just the 3 or 4 years, but it's every bit as gripping.

Also, as a side issue, I'd like very much to win one of these b****** games.

Those two games were before segregation but when the away fans were plonked on the Longside a few years later, the away section of it came right up to the halfway line, in other words roughly half of the terracing. By then the capacity of the ground had probably fallen a bit (maybe not) so a figure of 8,000 away, 8,000 home and an area of no mans land is just about spot on.

CLayton,

Its hard to be sure as the memory now fades but As I recall the away end AND no mans land were not half the longside.

Not saying there weren't 8000 in there because the limits on numbers were nowhere near as stringent as they are today. I'd say your figures are close in terms of Longside capacity but once segregated I would have thought he away section held about 2/3 what the home section could

Away support put everything into supporting the team and to suggest they do not deserve a reward is utterly ludicrous.

Why is that ludicrous? If they put everything into supporting the team then they will also have got ticket stubs for the Cardiff City home game wont they?

Anyway maybe I was alittle hasty allow me to amend my suggested priority list.

Here we go...........

Imo Tickets should have been allocated as follows….

1. Free tickets to all Mods and Admin from this board.

2. On Monday they should have given top priority to the ST holders who paid top dollar to watch Cardiff at Ewood. (With a free bacon butt, a cup of coffee, fold up chair, blanket and a specially struck commemorative medal to those who also held a stubbs for Cardiff away )

3. On Tues to ST holders who had stubbs from both Colchester and Bournemouth at home.

4. On Wed ST holders with no stubbs.

5. On Thurs and after anybody else ......... as long as they dont have Sky TV.

There that better for you Paul? thumbs-up.gif You are in business so do you not favour ever so slightly the customers that you make most profit from? huh.gif

btw I dont subscribe to Sky Paul. Do you?

Edited by thenodrog