SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pride of Lancashire 2 Who are ya 1

clitheroe_claret

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the game - crap generally but atmosphere superb. Blackburn End and end sections of Riverside and Jack Walker Lower (nearest the Dingles) stood up all game. Makes the singing so much better when you stand.

Well done Rovers and once again MGP - soon to achieve cult status at Ewood.

Wait till we here from Longsider 1882 and the Original Longsider (named incorrectly because I must have set foot in the Longside before him) who'll no doubt go on about their fantastic support but not mention the match, as usual.

17500 Burnley fans on the Turf

21500 Rovers fans on Ewood

How can that be as they're the best supported club by far? And with a much bigger catchment area? Must be some mistake.

BLACKBURN ROVERS FC - PRIDE OF EAST LANCASHIRE  AND UNBEATEN AGAINST BURNLEY SINCE 14 APRIL 1979 laugh.gif

Firstly well done and good luck in the next round.

It really is unbecoming to gloat so in victory. I have no complaints about my team. They battled hard and having played 2 games since the first game, still missing our main centre half and having patched up the team (smallest squad in the football league) I am proud of their performance, proud of the fans and to be fair proud that both teams and sets of fans can show the rest of the world what a derby is really supposed to be like

Now lets massage attendance figures again eh?

Away fans at Turf Moor - 3800

Away fans at Deadwood - 7000

What does this prove? Nothing because with the best will in the world you couldn;t sell 7000 tickets because there were not that many available. The actual home attendance at the Turf was 18000 - effectively a sell out, how do you propose we get 21000 people into 18000 seats?

For me, both games were as near a sellout as you'll ever get, both sets of away support 'sold all their tickets'.

TTFN - now going to lick my wounds

ps - Population of Blackburn is 48000 higher than Burnley, equivalent to over 50% of Burnley's total - catchment area?

Edited by longsiders1882

Hyde appeared to score 2 goals-I thought he was a class player when he played for Watford in their 4-3 victory against us.

We really were poor- too many players to mention.Savage got booked after 3 minutes for a disgraceful, unnecesary foul.

Burnly, without creating too much, stuck to their game plan very well and should take a lot of credit out of the game-yes there were Rovers fans in the JW Upper applauding them when they came off.On the other hand, they looked as though they could have collapsed after the 2nd goal.I guess that brings us back to Emerton!

Proud to be a claret tonight, pround of the manager , players and the support !!

Looks to me like the gaps closing, we gave you a game tonight, lucky og and a defensive error imo but a great finish by pederson!

Maybe it is with being in the away stand but you sounded very quiet?

Gutted but not as much as I thought I would be, credit for you on winning the game but you could feel the relief from the home fans when pederson scored, if you really think it'll be another 17 years then your having a laugh, enjoy tonight but our time will come and sooner than you think!!

How lucky was that!

Especially tugays effort sad.gif

If thats the best you can manage these days taking everything into consideration your in a pretty bad way.

Fair play you`ve won 2-1 BUT savage should have been off in first few minutes (again!), we were running on empty in 2nd half whereas your lot could use all three subs when needed, fresh legs and all that.

Its a big if but if that was your full strength team you wouldn`t have ragged it IF we could have had Robbie and Chappy still with us, Mcgreal fit, Adi akinbiyi cuptied, etc.

Hopefully leicester will sort out your 2 leicester rejects in the next game.

By the way your fans were loud tonight

........in the last 5 minutes laugh.gif

Great win for the boys, cant explain to people how elated i am at this moment, but then again, all roverites out there will be feeling exactly the same.

I sat in the JW upper, and even in there the support was magnificent. Fantastic night, performance wasnt the best by any means, but as normal Burnley slink off with their tail between their legs in yet another derby.

Get in There.

biggrin.gif

Also when Hyde scored, not one person stood up in the JW upper, meaning despite the rumours there was not an invasion of dingles into the home stands.

the look on some of the dingles faces as they left the ground, priceless.

but just remeber, in 2 years time they will be telling stories around burnley how they took over ewood with 12,000 clarets etc. laugh.gif

Proud to be a claret tonight, pround of the manager , players and the support !!

Looks to me like the gaps closing, we gave you a game tonight, lucky og and a defensive error imo but a great finish by pederson!

Maybe it is with being in the away stand but you sounded very quiet?

Gutted but not as much as I thought I would be, credit for you on winning the game but you could feel the relief from the home fans when pederson scored, if you really think it'll be another 17 years then your having a laugh, enjoy tonight but our time will come and sooner than you think!!

LOOK AT THE FINAL SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU WILL NEVER EVER NEVER BEAT THE ROVERS,,,,,,,

YOUR OWNED BOY YOUR OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How lucky was that!

Especially tugays effort sad.gif

If thats the best you can manage these days taking everything into consideration your in a pretty bad way.

Fair play you`ve won 2-1 BUT savage should have been off in first few minutes (again!), we were running on empty in 2nd half whereas your lot could use all three subs when needed, fresh legs and all that.

Its a big if but if that was your full strength team you wouldn`t have ragged it IF we could have had Robbie and Chappy still with us, Mcgreal fit, Adi akinbiyi cuptied, etc.

Hopefully leicester will sort out your 2 leicester rejects in the next game.

By the way your fans were loud tonight

LOOK AT THE FINAL SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU WILL NEVER EVER NEVER BEAT THE ROVERS,,,,,,,

YOUR OWNED BOY YOUR OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and if your aunt was your unkle she would be your dad

ooops maybe your right

Just followed at least 300 Burnley scumbag hooligans all the way through Blackburn to the station, patrolled by almost double that amount of Police.

Although they did a good job in the end, and prevented what could have been some very nasty clashes....I cannot beleive the way that the police aloud them to simply roam free within 15 minutes of the final whistle!

Anyone else heard of any trouble?

Fantastic result although the performance was a bit worrying. Our only real attacking threat remains MGP, even Dickov did not have much about him.

Good to see a bit of decent banter between the fans on the message board rather than a slagging match (including the burnley site which I had a look at, a couple of morons giving Rovers a bad name but most had the decency to acknowledge a good Clarets performance).

Leicester should be a winnable game but it is a shame to be in such a good position but so bereft of attacking talent. We need a late resurgence of form from all of Stead, Emerton, Thompson, Tugay, Reid, Dickov and Gallagher if we are ever going to hope to make an impression on the semis (should we get there!).

Anyhow, we have a very important run of league matches where our forward players should get a bit more room. Lets try and build on this!

ps. Defence was excellent. Amazed at just how good Nelsen is. Oh for a decent left back.....

pps. Everybody else left in the cup looks vulnerable apart from Man Utd. Praying for Southampton to pull a suprise and open it right up.

Edited by joey_big_nose

MGP's the man, I reckon.

He's gotta pull something out of the hat.

can you pick six numbers between 1 and 49 ?

Should be a good bet.

Kremmin, please pick those 6 numbers and PM them to me. Don't write it on this mB.

Anytime before 7pm tomorrow.

Cheers.