BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

The rest - blue bit on the map , clearly marked "family enclosure"  - extends right halfway up the stadium - the WHOLE of the lower tier ! (Confusing , and deliberately so IMO).  Now that doesn't signify to me that now , on day 5 , all that is now available is on row 7 !  Presumably everything above row 7 is NOT available to concession tickets . So why not say so ?

withstupid.gif What the hell are you prattling on about now? How can you fail to understand the simple information that the club have provided us with? The WHOLE of the family enclosure is available at concessionary prices. (I have already purchased several concessionary tickets in the Blue zone, well above row 7).

If that's the case , then thanks for enlightening me Spark - albeit in your own usual charmless and ignorant manner .

If you had read my earlier posts you my have surmised that this information was given to me directly from the ticket office - ie , that only Row 7 was now available for concessions at £45.

Naturally I found this hard to believe as it indicates that the rest of the stand is full !!

May I ask how much you paid ? (If you can't be polite don't bother replying )

BP I apologise for my curt reply...but I can't help feeling that certain people are constantly searching out new ways to 'do down' our club when they(the Rovers) more often than not go out of their way to please the fans (ie handing out the information brochure etc..). As for how did I pay for my tickets.....I didn't (skiing in the Alps last week cool.gif )...so I sent down 'mi good ol' Dad' and I think he either paid with a cheque or credit card.

Edited by Ewood Spark

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rest - blue bit on the map , clearly marked "family enclosure"  - extends right halfway up the stadium - the WHOLE of the lower tier ! (Confusing , and deliberately so IMO).  Now that doesn't signify to me that now , on day 5 , all that is now available is on row 7 !  Presumably everything above row 7 is NOT available to concession tickets . So why not say so ?

withstupid.gif What the hell are you prattling on about now? How can you fail to understand the simple information that the club have provided us with? The WHOLE of the family enclosure is available at concessionary prices. (I have already purchased several concessionary tickets in the Blue zone, well above row 7).

If that's the case , then thanks for enlightening me Spark - albeit in your own usual charmless and ignorant manner .

If you had read my earlier posts you my have surmised that this information was given to me directly from the ticket office - ie , that only Row 7 was now available for concessions at £45.

Naturally I found this hard to believe as it indicates that the rest of the stand is full !!

BP I apologise for my curt reply...but I can't help feeling that certain people are constantly searching out new ways to 'do down' our club when they(the Rovers) more often than not go out of their way to please the fans (ie handing out the information brochure etc..). As for how did I pay for my tickets.....I didn't (skiing in the Alps last week cool.gif )...so I sent down 'mi good ol' Dad' and I think he either paid with a cheque or credit card.

He asked how much, not by what method.

I do, however, agree with your point that a lot of people on here are never satisfied. Worry does seem to consume some people. Yes there are things to grumble about but getting worked up by it all doesn't do yourself any good.

To summarise- it would appear that the family enclosure is nearly full- hence the only row in the concession area where there are 6 tickets left together is row 7.

I can't say it really surprises me- 6 is a largeish number to get together anyway.

I think Phil is just lashing out at the club because it's less painful than blaming himself for leaving it.

Left it too late eh ; could be a full house then , Jan , the way the enclosure is filling up dry.gif Still not convinced that £45 tickets can only be found on row 7 - maybe the ticket girl may have been disinclined to look a bit harder ....Never mind .

I blame Souness , personally .

He asked how much, not by what method.

I do, however, agree with your point that a lot of people on here are never satisfied. Worry does seem to consume some people. Yes there are things to grumble about but getting worked up by it all doesn't do yourself any good.

Oops silly me.

withstupid.gif

£45 for adults and £22.50 for the kids and OAPs.

If we pull off an upset this weekend sales will go through the roof.

The casual fan does not want to make a costly investment which takes up his weekend if he thinks that we don't have a chance of winning.

You can also look at it as the casual fan (and even some more than casual) can't afford 2 trips to Cardiff and are banking on an upset. I think if we were playing Leicester in this round there would be the same problems with ticket sales.

I have the resources to go over there once this spring, and decided to take the risk of us getting to the final instead of coming over for the semi. Even for someone coming from Blackburn, 2 trips down can get pricey, factoring in tickets, transportation, food, booze, hotel, etc.

I'm planning to get mine today. I haven't even read the leaflet yet. Why? the club made it quite clear there was no need to rush. If I thought I wouldn't get a ticket I'd have queued all night and I expect a lot of others feel the same. All this chuntering and moaning is really depressing, we're in the semis, fantastic. Anybody who goes should have first shout on a final ticket (if we get there).

I'm sure I read that the whole of the North Stand is now designated as the Family Stand so I can't see a problem there. Fully expect to ring up and get exactly what I require.

Every night I drive past our local newsagent. The LET advertising boards still show "Rovers Fans Face Travel Nightmare". Marvellous, I'd take the editor out and shoot him. Mind you what else do we expect from the LET? Another great free match day special rolleyes.gif

Every night I drive past our local newsagent. The LET advertising boards still show "Rovers Fans Face Travel Nightmare". Marvellous, I'd take the editor out and shoot him. Mind you what else do we expect from the LET?

Oh dear, oh dear. Shooting the messenger again.

The LET isn't (or shouldn't be) a PR mouthpiece for the club.

If fans are facing a nightmare journey (which, with a 12 o'clock kick-off time 200 miles away they almost certainly will be), the paper will be reporting the story.

If it's an old billboard and the story has been overtaken by events, you should complain to the newsagent.

Blaming the editor of a paper that generally avoids controversy and is very fair to Rovers anyway, is silly.

Of course it is! A long term publicity ban from Williams as a result of a fall-out between the LET AND brfc would see the LET off quick style. What else of substance is in it apart from Births,deaths and marriages's?

"Rovers Fans Face Travel Nightmare"

it still bloody well is for me

train 5.20 leave - arrive cardiff at 10.45 sounds great

the train stops at gloucester - so i have to get a bus from gloucester at 9.40

Does anybody have any idea if that sounds like the bus will make it in time???, not really familiar with that part of the country and how long it would be likely to take to travel from Gloucester to Newport - then a "quick train" from newport to cardiff

Not looking forward to having to drive, Just because i cant guarantee that the train that magically turns into a bus halfway through the journey is going to arrive on time sad.gif

What else of substance is in it apart from Births,deaths and marriages's?

If its anything like the Tamworth Herald it must have headlines like 'Man Walks Dog' and 'Woman paints fence and annoys man'

...or (and this one is true!) 'Goldfish gets new name'

I'm with Jim on this one. The train strory that appeared in the LET was very important for those who were planning rail travel.

Having said that in recent years the paper has took a turn for the worse, with it's Daily Mail style sensationalism e.g. a week long article into the dangers of Blackburn town centre on weekend nights dry.gifmad.gif

Edited by Tony Diamond Inc

nellyBC

Gloucester to Newport 1 1/2 hours max...

Cant believe the slagging off of ticket sales has started so early, until they go on open sales to anyone with a buying record we aren't going to shift over 10K..

Once it does we will have over 20,000 there, i I will bet anyone on this board a beer we sell over 20,000 any takers?

Every night I drive past our local newsagent. The LET advertising boards still show "Rovers Fans Face Travel Nightmare". Marvellous, I'd take the editor out and shoot him. Mind you what else do we expect from the LET?

Oh dear, oh dear. Shooting the messenger again.

If fans are facing a nightmare journey (which, with a 12 o'clock kick-off time 200 miles away they almost certainly will be), the paper will be reporting the story.

If it's an old billboard and the story has been overtaken by events, you should complain to the newsagent.

Blaming the editor of a paper that generally avoids controversy and is very fair to Rovers anyway, is silly.

I'd agree the LET shouldn't be a mouth-piece for the club but that headline/hoarding (which is 5-6 days out of date) is the ONLY LET item I have seen on the semi-final appearance and it is entirely negative. I agree the story and information is important to fans but it needs balancing with all the positives. They might as well do an item on how much beer you can buy for £45 and it's on the telly anyway.

Where is the Rovers in first semi-final for 45 years headline?

No doubt the LET will be bringing out a 24 page colour special which they would like fans to buy? So get us excited with positive messages and bury the negative stuff in an adjacent article carrying precise information about travel difficulties.

I'm going and the only gripe I have about travel, kick-off time, cost etc is that I really would like to go by train. Otherwise if I have to I'll cycle to Cardiff, being there is the ONLY thing that matters.

Of course it is! A long term publicity ban from Williams as a result of a fall-out between the LET AND brfc would see the LET off quick style. What else of substance is in it apart from Births,deaths and marriages's?

Some clubs have tried banning the press over perceived "negative" stories, notably Gillingham, but they always relent. Bad publicity is better than no publicity.

I doubt if Williams could ban the press anyway: the league's sponsors (Barclays) would do their pieces.

Her Majesty's Press will not be denied.

Edited by jim mk2