SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif well in that case burn em,i would not be dissapionted if the cheaper seats went on sale,because someone would benefit from these and the blues would have more support,but then i'm a guy who gives a beggar a quid tinykit.gif

I really agree with this. I don't understand the attitude that people have where is someone gets something for less than they did then it's not on. It happens in many other walks of life, holidays, flights etc so football should be the same. You chose to pay what you did. If Rovers could sell the cheap one's and get another few thousand why would it bother some people so much.

My 17 tickets arrived this morning, £45 each.

Forked out close to £800, I must be mad.

Jesus wept! ohmy.gif

And £220 for the minibus & £460 for the hotel.

I am chief tour organiser you see.

£100 each for the trip to Bristol, one night stay, transport and match ticket.

Not bad I say, just as long as I get all my money back.

Jesus wept! ohmy.gif

and there was me thinking you needed all those seats for your big behind Will. biggrin.gif

Jesus wept! ohmy.gif

You coming on the wilky wagon?

There's four of us, 4 free £45 tickets, 4* Self Catering apartment on the harbour in Bristol £40 each and £10 each on the Wilky Wagon - Not bad at all

Edited by whatistechhouse

Lee must be able to give us an accurate figure on ticket sales and how far we are of opening up the west stand for the cheaper ticket sales!

If that was the case maybe Lee could also tell us if those who have been forced to pay for the £45 tickets would be able to exchange these tickets for the cheaper ones .

Just think - if Will were to change his 17 tickets for £25 ones he could save a grand total of £340 !!

Greed is killing this game . Is it any wonder people watch the game in the boozer ?

Lee must be able to give us an accurate figure on ticket sales and how far we are of opening up the west stand for the cheaper ticket sales!

If that was the case maybe Lee could also tell us if those who have been forced to pay for the £45 tickets would be able to exchange these tickets for the cheaper ones .

Just think - if Will were to change his 17 tickets for £25 ones he could save a grand total of £340 !!

Greed is killing this game . Is it any wonder people watch the game in the boozer ?

Well that's the dilema the club face now, open up the west stand and all those people that wanted £25 and £35 tickets but were forced to by £45 because none were avialble will go nuts!! But really the club is not at fault though, can only blame the FA for another cockup!

I would assume that most people that don't go on these boards and phone up or queue up for their tickets would think that because there are only £45 and £55 tickets avialble that we are nearly sold out!!

As there are a number of non-season ticket holders in the group of 17, I waited until Friday to order the tickets (by post).

I requested the cheapest tickets available, ie praying for £25 ones.

We were subsequently allocated the £45 tickets.

If the Rovers suddenly releas a large quantity of £25 tickets, eg a whole stand. Then yes I will be very P****d.

But then, what do I expect from them.

But really the club is not at fault though, can only blame the FA for another cockup!

Directly maybe not - but indirectly yes they are

What would the FA have done if the club had said no?

I have said previously on here - Rob Coar is on the FA challenge committee, if he couldn't have said/done something then WTF is he doing there - in fact WTF is the Dingle doing at our club>?

Its all a complete and UTTER COCK UP or maybe a well planned (or so they think) FA money making scheme.

But really the club is not at fault though, can only blame the FA for another cockup!

Directly maybe not - but indirectly yes they are

What would the FA have done if the club had said no?

I have said previously on here - Rob Coar is on the FA challenge committee, if he couldn't have said/done something then WTF is he doing there - in fact WTF is the Dingle doing at our club>?

Its all a complete and UTTER COCK UP or maybe a well planned (or so they think) FA money making scheme.

The challenge cuo committe dont make operational decisions, they are a strategic body, they deal with rules and admission criteria etc.

If the club had said know one of the tacks the FA would probably have used would be

-selling the tickets directly (what a cock up that would be)

- letting the club do what they want, but charging them £45 for each of the "extra" £25 tickets in the West Stand.

-or of course, removing us from the competition, which they can do at a stroke for failing to follow competition rules.

Unfortunately the club are not in the best of positions to dictate to the FA, if only they were.....

The challenge cuo committe dont make operational decisions, they are a strategic body, they deal with rules and admission criteria etc.

If the club had said know one of the tacks the FA would probably have used would be

- letting the club do what they want, but charging them £45 for each of the "extra" £25 tickets in the West Stand.

-or of course, removing us from the competition, which they can do at a stroke for failing to follow competition rules.

Unfortunately the club are not in the best of positions to dictate to the FA, if only they were.....

Maybe not make them Stuw but they can certainly challenge them - hence their name.

Still don't think the FA would have done this as it would set a bad precedent - maybe charge all tickets at £45 but then the club could make this known but theyn wouldn't be able to do it with one club and not any of the others - in fact there must be something in this that the Rovers could challenge as Newcastle and Man U fans will certainly be getting tickets for these stands.

remove us - don't think so - there would be a major outcry

The best would be possibly fine us - but then again what would the club have done wrong - from a legal point of view, unless of course there is a binding contract somewhere that had to be signed.

I've decided not to bother with it.

If it were at Old Trafford, Villa Park etc then fine

The early kick-off is stupid too, its not even the BBC tie, Sky have plenty of schedule space.

Ticket prices and distribution around the ground are a disgrace, the FA is a disgrace.

Feel only option is to boycott the game. One day they may realise that money shouldn't rule football.

Yes I will want a ticket for the final, but that is Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup final and that is a different matter entirely. I'll gladly be shafted for that if I can get a ticket and it will be played at a sensible time.

I think that we need to hit the press now with our reasons for not attending and not let the FA say we are only a little, small town, poorly supported team as their excuse for a shambles of organisation. Because that isn't the case. A reasonable kickoff at Villa Park and we would have sold out our allocation (albeit smaller than the Cardiff allocation).

I think that we need to hit the press now with our reasons for not attending and not let the FA say we are only a little, small town, poorly supported team as their excuse for a shambles of organisation.

Agreed.

This is a PR disaster waiting to happen.

The club must be able to estimate now how many tickets they will sell in total. A press release should be issued before the weekend blaming the FA.

Williams is unlikely to want to upset the FA however, so perhaps supporters organisations/websites (?) should do it for them ?

Maybe not make them Stuw but they can certainly challenge them - hence their name.

It's true the FA are primarily to blame but the Rovers' part in this shambles has not been entirely blameless.

I could see this chaos coming a mile away when the ticket "details" were first released . The club gave no specific numbers of how many £25 and £35 tickets were available (and not only in the family stand) - only that the numbers were "limited" . Now what was that supposed to mean ? 50 ?500 ? 5000? . We weren't told because both the FA AND the Rovers wanted to fleece us for every last penny they could .

No doubt the club sycophants will exonerate our board and come out with the usual nonsense about being slow to buy tickets , just be grateful to be in the cup , etc , but this just doesn't wash . The club's silence over this whole Cardiff shambles has been deafening . If the club is no longer aspires to be a family club , loyal to its fans , then that attitude can work both ways . Season ticket sales are going to be dire next year ....

Edited by blue phil

Feel only option is to boycott the game.

I think you mean to say that you cannot be arsed to wake up early and pay a little extra

But no doubt you'll be one of those people trying to get the 18k Cup final tickets and take it from those who can be botherd to go for the semie

Balls to that. I'll be watching it in my living room and drinking home brew. That's how skint I am.

Well I'm too skint to afford Sky Sports. And my living room has skirting boards missing and needs a lick of paint.