BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] When Vinjay met John

Guest Vinjay

Shirt deals are nothing to do with the size of home crowd, it's all about appearances on TV and in press pictures.

We finished 15th, not 20th; yet we have the salary bill of a top 10 team and the shirt deal of the bottom team. If he was as good as everyone thinks, then those two statistics would be reversed.

337880[/snapback]

And I would hazard just a little guess (and I might be wrong) that crowd size at the crowd is directly proportional to success on the pitch, which is pretty much proportional to press exposure nationally (internationally doesnt apply - prem coverage in many overseas countries involves Man Utd/Chelsea and Liverpool regardless of league placing.

I am sure that you could do a far better job than John Williams, so why dont you apply. This is real life not fairytale land. Good job in difficult circumstances.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not supprised we have a low sponsership deal with attendance declining and the team not looking to be going placs from last seasons overall performance witch if you put it together not just take into account we had a good secound half overall it was pritty poor.

Now with bellamy,kuqi and emerton, pederson and reid all looking on the up we can look forward to playing good passing football and create lots of goals hopefully then if we prove we can be a good top half table side and well established and challenging a place for europe.

We will then probably be attracting the big companies like orange,siemens and northern rock wanting to sponsor us but until then we just have to make do

Edited by pick32

And I would hazard just a little guess (and I might be wrong) that crowd size at the crowd is directly proportional to success on the pitch, which is pretty much proportional to press exposure nationally (internationally doesnt apply - prem coverage in many overseas countries involves Man Utd/Chelsea and Liverpool regardless of league placing.

Which of course explains why the Fulham deal was reported as being three times higher, what with their massive crowds, finishing one place higher than us and their much higher global profile.

I am sure that you could do a far better job than John Williams, so why dont you apply.  This is real life not fairytale land.  Good job in difficult circumstances.

337901[/snapback]

Interesting concept: comment is only allowed if one can do something better, as opposed to see that something could be done better. Since Amo is probably a better centre half than you, you'll be refraining from any opinions should he play then?

Interesting concept: comment is only allowed if one can do something better, as opposed to see that something could be done better. Since Amo is probably a better centre half than you, you'll be refraining from any opinions should he play then?

338142[/snapback]

I dont dislike Amo ph34r.gif

Guest Vinjay

If anyone else was to sign it would probably be a loan or a free. The Walkers won't want to spend anything despite their 600 million plus. 4 million was such a huge loss for them.

Guest Vinjay

Surprised with 4 million actually seeing as they are so faceless we don't even hear any statements from them outlining ambition...ever.

Back the the sponsorship comment rolleyes.gif

Personally I find it a bitter pill to swallow when the likes of fookin WIGAN,yes that great footballing club/tradition of WIGAN ATHLETIC PLC can command bigger sponsorship than ex-Premierleague champions Blackburn Rovers.

'KIN ELL!! sad.gifunsure.gif

But then again you only have to look at the Ewood Roverstore/Sportsworld/Lonsdale cheap bric a brac shop to see the way the clubs whole commercial side is heading....down the drain.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Personally I find it a bitter pill to swallow when the likes of fookin WIGAN,yes that great footballing club/tradition of WIGAN ATHLETIC PLC can command bigger sponsorship than ex-Premierleague champions Blackburn Rovers.

'KIN ELL!!  sad.gif  unsure.gif

338321[/snapback]

Surely Wigan is a bit of a case of its own, seen as the same person who owns then, also owns the company that sponsors them?

Surely Wigan is a bit of a case of its own, seen as the same person who owns then, also owns the company that sponsors them?

338329[/snapback]

I think the point was made a while ago that the entity which owns us also owns a company that chooses to sponsor Birmingham instead. Personally I find the argument that Blackburn doesn't have an airport a bit weak. The majority of JJB's sales aren't in Wigan or Reebok's in Bolton. Shirt sponsorship is about national coverage, and we have had at least as much of that as have Brum in the last 4 years.

Yes but the point is that certainly at the start if it's sponsorship it was based at Birmingham International and still files mostly from there. With that in mind it makes a hell of a lot more sense to sponsor them. We already receive enough charity from the trust without getting more from the other companies as well.

Guest Vinjay

It would have made more sense to sponsor Birmingham rugby team or something. Bet they were pleased with Birmingham finishing higher last season. Actually Birmingham had the lowest kit sponsor deal last season. Typically cheap of the Walkers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.