BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

What do you think England should be aiming for score wise tomorrow?

338260[/snapback]

450-500. The next partnership will really decide the sort of score we are looking at. If they put on 100 then a big 500+ score is there for the taking, anything over 500 would be great.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for tomorrow. We'll be sat opposite the pavillion in the Thwaites Beers Stand - block G, row 35, seats 96 & 97. No Rovers shirt though - England attire is mandatory on these occasions! smile.gif

So, here's to watching Freddie go a long way to sending the convicts packing! biggrin.gif

I'm so jealous i wish i was going. I'm hoping that a day is lost due to rain then i can go along on monday

338322[/snapback]

According to weather reports, that might just happen. Ho ho ho, England could rain on their own parade. Ho ho ho.

Is that what the Aussies are reduced to?  Praying for rain.  How the mighty are fallen.

338357[/snapback]

Well, you English started it tongue.gif

Is Pieterson the only one who can bat?

Jeez, it rains all bloody day and we still lose.

334616[/snapback]

just hope we don't find ourselves 20-5, otherwise I be doing the rain dance

334308[/snapback]

Where is the two day rain storm when you need one?

334371[/snapback]

Ah, heck, forget cut and paste, just look at the entire last day of the 1st test page

Edited by Shaddy

Did any of you Aussies believe before the tests started that you may contemplated hoping for rain?

338375[/snapback]

Contemplated? Sure. It would be pretty cocky not to contemplate for any match against international class opposition, let alone the world no. 2 test playing team.

But it's too early to start hoping for rain yet. Hope I won't be by stumps today tonight though unsure.gif

Got back at 10 O'Clock last night after a great day. Prices were a bit heavy though, £3 for a pint and £3:50 for a burger. It all adds up to an expensive day out.

Saw another piece of history to tell my grandkids about. 600 test wickets for a fantastic bowler. He got a great reception from the fans - just shows that for all the cameraderie, we English know when we see something extra special.

As for the game, I thought at the start that 450 minimum was required to give England a good chance. Still think the same, - BUT, a change in the conditions might have the Aussies struggling to match a lower total.

If Bell keeps going and Flintoff keeps his head then 450 is definitely achievable. However, the Aussies have a new ball and they will be fired up this morning. They very rarely lose two days in a row. More patience required. Freddie can bat. Bell can bat. Geraint can bat. Harmy and Simon can have a thrash. We aren't in a bad position here - we have runs on the board and bowlers who can bowl at anything. I just hope we don't get skittled off early and then be forced to watch Australia bat for two days.

The Aussies are getting nervous - love it!

338202[/snapback]

Im not nervous; I have no doubt Diz will continue to get taken to the cleaners. Get a good look at him, cos it will be the last test you see him play.

We're 430 for 8 at lunch - therefore if we can get 450 that gives our bowlers something to play with - 430's not bad but anything over 450 will be brilliant.

I think (hope) that our bowlers will have more joy than the aussies because we can bang it into the ground harder. That being said I expect tons from the top 5 aussie batsmen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.