SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reaction to Australia taking the light is being blown out of proportion. One session of play was lost. There are still three days to play, with the forecast good.

There's plenty of time there for a result, bearing in mind a lot of these games have only gone four days. If the Aussies had stayed out last night and lost 2/3 wickets, their position in this game would have been much worse.

I think the reaction to Australia taking the light is being blown out of proportion. One session of play was lost. There are still three days to play, with the forecast good.

There's plenty of time there for a result, bearing in mind a lot of these games have only gone four days. If the Aussies had stayed out last night and lost 2/3 wickets, their position in this game would have been much worse.

345882[/snapback]

This test is different to the other tests though because England only need a draw so there will be no rushing on their part. England were batting for the second time at this stage at Edgbaston. Bearing in mind that they need to put on a decent lead they are going to have bat into tomorrow and then bowl us out cheaply, not impossible I know. Any further disruptions and a draw will look even more likely. Langer himself has admitted that in hindsight he would have made a different decision.

Are you Nostradamus or something? smile.gif

You seem to be able to make predictions based on all probabilities but without anything to back it up biggrin.gif

345897[/snapback]

I just hope the Aussies get into the same situation that England did at Old Trafford - needing one or two wickets at the end of Monday. Then it'll show how stupid yesterday's decision really was.

This is heading towards a three innings match. After England posted their 373 total, its now to all intents and purposes one innings each spread over what will be weather-reduced to about two days and one session.

With Australia starting after lunch at minus 200, England still need one really good session out of the seven available to wrap up the Ashes.

That said, If Australia get to 250-0, I'll be getting nervous!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.