BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poll - Falling Attendances.

Tris

What do you think is the biggest contributing factor in the alarming decrease in our crowds?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the biggest contributing factor in the alarming decrease in our crowds?

• Overprice tickets
    • Poor standard of entertainment
    • Lack of atmosphere these days
    • Petty stewards
    • No terracing
    • Unable to identify with players these days
    • Too much football on TV

This poll is closed to new votes

i`d agree with that

but what help does it do to the team

342831[/snapback]

And what help did having supporters in attendance do the team during the 2nd half at West Ham and 1st half at Villa park??? huh.gif Great statement to the footballing powers that be and one that hopefully could catch on with other teams at Stamford Bridge.

How about organising it and then telling the TV channels 'we'll only come back when you stop showing pointless pics of the Russian looking bored and clapping half heartedly every time a goal has been scored.'........ cos that does my firkin head in!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit that i was thinking of raising the question of perhaps a boycott of the chelsea away game this time last week. Why not get the supporters club to ask the club to refuse ANY allocation for the chels game as we know it will be $48 to see the Rovers smashed. Im certainly not going, save my money for other away games!

Unless Newcastle get the whole Darwen End (though their away followings are dropping, the Owen factor will change this short-term) it will not be a sell out.

Last season was unique, it was the big Souness return, last season was supposed to be Shearer's swansong, it was'nt on live and it was the big traditional Boxing Day game.

If the next game at Ewood doesn't generate a full house, nothing will.

Good bye to the greatest forward ever to wear blue and white.

Newcastle's new signing.

Souey back.

Pretty uneventful really.

343145[/snapback]

I'm sorry Philip but you haven't sold it to me.

Newcastle are crap and haven't scored in four games and they've paid £10m for a donkey. Besides anything else, I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is a category A game which means higher prices - and to be perfectly honest I have better things to spend the £50 (at least) that the day will inevitably cost me.

If it wasn't for work however, I would have been there. My hatred for Souness would have probably persuaded me to buy the ticket, and I also have a good mate that supports the barcodes.

Are you on about Luque?

Can I ask...how many times have you seen him play?

343351[/snapback]

About the same number of times as Souness presumably - just the once.

Obviously he can play the game, and as a footballer probably even knows all the rules. But £10m? That would even buy me a Guybrush Threepwood. blink.gif

Psst IHB, Newcastle's new signing is Michael Owen. Luque is the cherry on top.

343376[/snapback]

Aye they have done well there Philip. Perhaps they have paid slightly over the odds, but they have done well all the same.

My point still remains though, and the signing of any player for another club would not make me want to go watch a particular match. You see Philip, I've always gone to watch the Rovers and NOT the opposition.

My point still remains though, and the signing of any player for another club would not make me want to go watch a particular match. You see Philip, I've always gone to watch the Rovers and NOT the opposition.

343490[/snapback]

Well I've got to admit to enjoying watching the likes of Sheringham, Keane, Defoe, Malbranque and best of all (but too limited a time on the pitch) Davids plying their trade against our small town club........ especially when we win of course.

The above are only players seen after 4 games btw! Compare this to endless years in the lower divisions when I couldn't even stick a name on an opposition player, let alone admire their international class ability. It's a priviledge that many of our so-called supporters currently neither appreciate nor deserve. Thank you Jack Walker.

Edited by thenodrog

No chance of being a sell out even if N'castle get the whole of the Darwen end, as it on t.v for 1 thing and is also a catergory A game so higher prices for walk on fans! Its a shame, but a crowd of 26k+ would be a good effort imo!

Does anybody know how many we've given Nufc?

Why don't you add loss of multi million pound budget to the poll? Like what Im saying or not surely you acknowledge it has rather a negative effect.

Last year they had the upper Darwen end and half the lower tier, which i guess is around 5,000 seats? Hopefully they sell out this time, only more money in our coffers! tinykit.gif

344270[/snapback]

I can't recall what they did have but if it's as you say that would be 5500. Top tier is 3000 and bottom is 5000.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.