BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

• Moderation Lead

Eight at Gazegill, sort of near Gisburn.

A restaurant on a farm, basically.

One of the best meals I’ve had for years.

• Like 2

On 24/07/2023 at 04:35, speeeeeeedie said:

I'm putting this here as to not clutter up the transfer thread............

All the talk of John Bull's got me looking. I grew up in East Lancs and had never heard of one. Thanks to YouTube and Holly Tree Chippy I now know.

YouTube: Holly Tree Chippy John Bull

It consists of mince sandwiched by 2 slices of potato, then battered and fried.

Thanks for that you learn something everyday

I’m pulling @Mattyblue into this post in the hope he’s been, with him living locally, hopefully he shares the same view, as it’s a bit of a contentious subject the Kebab!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186332-d4924107-Reviews-Armenian_Kebab_House-Blackpool_Lancashire_England.html

This place was ‘whispered’ to me a year or so ago, the locals want to keep the secret you see, as the Friday night queue was 45mins last time I went!

Opened in 1978, here we have a very basic but outstanding kebab house and you don’t need to be pissed to appreciate the food. The kebab meat itself is treated with care, spiced and flavoured by the establishment themselves and I think that’s what makes this places so special.

They don’t take telephone orders, you queue and wait for your food, but it’s well worth the wait and no rough guts the day after.

If you in Blackpool, south of the pleasure beech, give it a try.

Edited by Gav

I haven’t, but a mate of mine lives at South Shore and he raves about it.

Might go up soon as the kebab shops around me are all a bit meh (I do like Ahmets in Lytham though, especially after a few scoops).

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
35 minutes ago, ABRAM ROVER said:

Sorry if mentioned before but the old Uncle Jacks pub has now re-opened following extensive works, it's a restaurant and bar. Looks class. Owned by a chef, CDJ it's called

Yeah, me and the girlfriend have a list of places to try and that’s on there.

Chef used to be a personal chef for Mo Salah, I believe!

On 25/07/2024 at 14:27, ABRAM ROVER said:

Sorry if mentioned before but the old Uncle Jacks pub has now re-opened following extensive works, it's a restaurant and bar. Looks class. Owned by a chef, CDJ it's called

I thought it were flats ..my bad

currently on a cruise with Mrs abs and food omg.. both on and off the boat.

we had wedding anniversary meal at posh one onboard , I'd go as far as saying arguably best surf n turf I've ever had. 

but come next weds ready for steak pud ,chips n gravy with a barm ( anything else is wrong)

On 30/07/2024 at 18:47, ABBEY said:

currently on a cruise with Mrs abs and food omg.. both on and off the boat.

we had wedding anniversary meal at posh one onboard , I'd go as far as saying arguably best surf n turf I've ever had. 

but come next weds ready for steak pud ,chips n gravy with a barm ( anything else is wrong)

I think you mean tea cake there abbey.

• Like 2