BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most intelligent, rational people would counter we were still moving forward under Hughes. More points and three places higher than the season before...you list Wigan and Birmingham but EVERY team has bad games in their league season, but you look at the season as a whole. We were hardly the only side to be knocked out early out of the FA cup either were we?

That's true enough. It had been 3 years since I had been back in the UK but at Christmas 2007 I was REALLY looking forward to seeing the lads.

West Ham (H), Wigan (A) and Arsenal (H) (Carling Cup)................guess I was just unlucky.

That's true enough. It had been 3 years since I had been back in the UK but at Christmas 2007 I was REALLY looking forward to seeing the lads.

West Ham (H), Wigan (A) and Arsenal (H) (Carling Cup)................guess I was just unlucky.

stay away in future!!!

If you're implying what I think you're implying, then that is completely uncalled for.

Maybe it is in this instance but Jan has a completely irrational hatred of Souness based purely on his Rangers connection so it's hardly surprising someone might leap to conclusions elsewhere.

That is because you are a bigot.

Because I prefer educated, Intelligent people? If that makes me a bigot, I'm proud of it.

If you're referring to anything else- consider your reply going to my lawyers.

As usual Rev, what's a simple statement that someone's worried by the goings on and think that Ince should have made it clear that no-one was leaving until he's had time to weigh up the squad that he had inherited, is changed into alleagtions that Ince is being slaughtered.

That wasn't the point. Goodness, people have a right to say that they are concerned.

Bet there are more people concerned, than not.

You didn't say you were concerned though...you said desperately concerned. On that basis I agree with Rev, you and others are being desperately over the top. Of course you are entitled to an opinion, you think the Friedel move was desperatly poor, I believe it was good business. The Bentley thing is what surprises me though, He would have left whoever was the manager of that i'm sure. You ready to hang, draw and quarter Ince before a ball is even kicked in anger, is that not bizarre?

Look, these are difficult times for all of us, stepping into the unknown as it were.

We are all Rovers fans, can we stop the sniping and respect others' views? And if we don't agree surely we can say so in an adult and reasonable manner giving our reasons sensibly. Please?

Because I prefer educated, Intelligent people? If that makes me a bigot, I'm proud of it.

If you're referring to anything else- consider your reply going to my lawyers.

What makes you think an intelligent person would want to speak to somebody incapable of rational thought

Bigot "One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ."

How many football people are educated? The footbal leagues are bursting at the seams with educated people!! Ha!

I am sick of the criticism, it's pathetic.

Ince is a football man and will do us (the few that have got their heads out of their backsides) proud.

I hope come Christmas most of the posters who were have been unnecessarily critical will have ****** off to set up their own anti-Ince website.

What makes you think an intelligent person would want to speak to somebody incapable of rational thought

Bigot "One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ."

How many football people are educated? The footbal leagues are bursting at the seams with educated people!! Ha!

Ince is a football man and will do us (the few that have got their heads out of their backsides) proud.

I hope come Christmas most of the posters who were have been unnecessarily critical will have ****** off to set up their own anti-Ince website.

Get real you fool. It's perfectly reasonable to be concerned about Ince's appointment, considering he's only succeeded at a much lower level. And the fact that Friedel has since left when he looked so secure and there's talk of Warnock leaving too is worrying. Similarly we're hardly going to be cock a hoop when he brings in Robbie Fowler and the general consensus is that he's keen on bringing Keith Andrews in (whether we'll actually sign him is another matter but its the fact Ince thinks he's good enough thats worrying).

None of us are attacking you for what we see as blind optimism are we? Your arguments are almost child like and seem to show your lack of intelligence. "Ince is a football man" - so what?! How many "football men" have failed over the years?

And before your start your usual @#/? about education, I can almost guarantee I'm more educated than yourself (by law of averages if nothing else) and I'm the last person who would hold a prejudice of that nature, I can't speak for anyone else. But it's possible to be very worried about Ince and not be a bigot. It's called an opinion. Deal with it.

i thought the drog has already set up his anti-ince website!!!!

Get real you fool. It's perfectly reasonable to be concerned about Ince's appointment, considering he's only succeeded at a much lower level. And the fact that Friedel has since left when he looked so secure and there's talk of Warnock leaving too is worrying. Similarly we're hardly going to be cock a hoop when he brings in Robbie Fowler and the general consensus is that he's keen on bringing Keith Andrews in (whether we'll actually sign him is another matter but its the fact Ince thinks he's good enough thats worrying).

None of us are attacking you for what we see as blind optimism are we? Your arguments are almost child like and seem to show your lack of intelligence. "Ince is a football man" - so what?! How many "football men" have failed over the years?

And before your start your usual @#/? about education, I can almost guarantee I'm more educated than yourself (by law of averages if nothing else) and I'm the last person who would hold a prejudice of that nature, I can't speak for anyone else. But it's possible to be very worried about Ince and not be a bigot. It's called an opinion. Deal with it.

I wasn't talking to you.

A bit strange that you would get so uppity about it.

It's not blind optimism. He has a successful track record ,far more successful than Hughes when he joined (A failed welsh manager, great stuff!!)

Saying "Ince is a bad manager" is not an opinion, based on his track record, it's a downright lie

You didn't say you were concerned though...you said desperately concerned.

You ready to hang, draw and quarter Ince before a ball is even kicked in anger, is that not bizarre?

Way over the top MB.

I, along with others have a view that Ince shouldn't be selling our top players, if indeed he is, at this moment in time. If you read back, that's what I've said.

Stop making false accusations and trying to put labels on people..

I wasn't talking to you.

A bit strange that you would get so uppity about it.

It's not blind optimism. He has a successful track record ,far more successful than Hughes when he joined (A failed welsh manager, great stuff!!)

Saying "Ince is a bad manager" is not an opinion, based on his track record, it's a downright lie

I do get uppity about people accusing other people of racism when theyre merely expressing an opinion.

If we're talking about lies though, how about yours?

"Hughes had taken Rovers as far as he could" - is that why we'd significantly improved our position and points tally based on the previous year, despite having next to nothing to spend and with the promise of a bigger transfer budget this summer?

"Ince was far more successful than Hughes - a failed Welsh manager"...rubbish. Hughes had done really well as Welsh manager and masterminded some of their most famous victories. If you count failed as not qualifying for the tournament then every one of their managers has been a failure in recent times, but he got them closest than most. And crucially, he worked with Premiership quality players and achieved some great results against some far superior teams on paper against top level teams and managers. Ince did well with Macclesfield and MK Dons, but MK Dons were basically the Chelsea of League Two. He did a great job with Macclesfield...but it doesnt ignore the fact that was three divisions lower than the Premiership.

Welcome to the BRFCS love in.........yeah feel the love :wub::rolleyes:

So Ince has been appointed and all these new things begin to happen at Rovers............players are being linked with moves away. Must be Ince's fault, never happened before has it? Bellamy, Duff, Brad, Shearer, Nelson etc etc. Every summer we slated the media for unsettling our players and linking them with other clubs, now its not the media's fault but Ince's...... :blink:

We are linked with lower league players in Andrews. Must be Ince's fault as that has never happend before has it? Lucas, Reid, Jansen etc etc

Ince has had the guts to move into management at the lowest league team possible (at the time) and somehow kept them up. Then changed teams and won the league and a cup. For me the Macc success alone deserves some respect, even if you do not like Ince.

Ince may succeed, he may fail, but only one thing will tell us that....................time :xmas:

Way over the top MB.

I, along with others have a view that Ince shouldn't be selling our top players, if indeed he is, at this moment in time. If you read back, that's what I've said.

Stop making false accusations and trying to put labels on people..

ince has tried to keep the top players at the club Den, it's the players wanting to leave not Ince wanting to sell them.

Bentley wanted to go to further is career and he said that while Hughes was still in charge.

Brad's gone to Villa because the board would not offer him the wages and a longer contract what he wanted at Rovers.

We are linked with lower league players in Andrews. Must be Ince's fault as that has never happend before has it? Lucas, Reid, Jansen etc etc

By all accounts Ince wants Andrews, considering he just happened to be his captain it's pretty obvious there's a common factor isnt there?

And don't even try and compare Reid, Neill and Jansen with Andrews. The former were exciting young talents playing a division below us. The latter is a 27 year old journeyman midfielder who has failed even at Championship level.

ince has tried to keep the top players at the club Den, it's the players wanting to leave not Ince wanting to sell them.

Bentley wanted to go to further is career and he said that while Hughes was still in charge.

Brad's gone to Villa because the board would not offer him the wages and a longer contract what he wanted at Rovers.

Yes, Brad seemed very happy at Ewood when he signed his new contract "over a cup of coffee." He even went to the media to commend Ince (before he was appointed.) Then Villa stepped in with their mega-deal and things changed. It's not difficult to understand.

there's talk of Warnock leaving too is worrying. Similarly we're hardly going to be cock a hoop when he brings in Robbie Fowler and the general consensus is that he's keen on bringing Keith Andrews in (whether we'll actually sign him is another matter but its the fact Ince thinks he's good enough thats worrying).

If that's an example of your education constructing an argument, then I suspect your gifts have been largely wasted on you. Mostly tittle-tattle that has yet to happen and conveniently missing out the real signings of two internationals.

Archived