BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

Come back when the wall has won.

32 posts today and every single one a whinge.

You are rapidly becoming the most tiresome thing about this MB just now, and that's quite an achievement in the circumstances.

:angry2:

(And by the way - it's simply not worth bothering to respond to anything in your posts - you quite clearly are incapable of understanding any viewpoint other than your own. Hence the 32 posts no doubt.

You keep calling those who are giving Paul Ince a chance "blindly" supporting him, we'll decide who is being "blind" . 32 posts :lol: )

Surprise surprise, noone gives a shiny turd about your supposed secret tenuous links with the club.

Don't worry, I'm off round the world for a good few months on Saturday so you won't need to hear my "tiresome" posts. Hasve a good time in East Lancs. Still...if you think suggesting Robinson was better than Friedel isn't worth contesting, then whats the point of having this discussion board?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was asked by Jal to say why I think wewill finish 6 th or 7th well here goes

Todate the team is by and large the same as last season, and if the new midfield player is as good as we think he is, them our midfield is stronger.

Bentley, is he very very good when he as the ball and is crossing is one of the best, however when he has not got the ball and needs to tracked back, he can go missing, and this has cost the team in the past. If he goes and we get 17 mill, and this is spent om strengthing the team and not paying off debts, then we could be stronger them last year.

I thought that MH did a great job, but he wanted to go. PI has todate showen himself both as a player and as a boss to be winner, and he has won things as both.

We will attack more and as such we could lose more games but could also win more, ie less draws, with three points for a win and only one for a draw, the concept of attacking more could well pay off.

I do accept that it could go all wrong, but todate he as done very well pre rovers and quite good at rovers. Its been a hard time, but he has kept most of the players and as for the goal keeper situration I think we got a good deal.

In the end time will tell, and we will see who ends up being correct.

I was asked by Jal to say why I think wewill finish 6 th or 7th well here goes

Todate the team is by and large the same as last season, and if the new midfield player is as good as we think he is, them our midfield is stronger.

Bentley, is he very very good when he as the ball and is crossing is one of the best, however when he has not got the ball and needs to tracked back, he can go missing, and this has cost the team in the past. If he goes and we get 17 mill, and this is spent om strengthing the team and not paying off debts, then we could be stronger them last year.

I thought that MH did a great job, but he wanted to go. PI has todate showen himself both as a player and as a boss to be winner, and he has won things as both.

We will attack more and as such we could lose more games but could also win more, ie less draws, with three points for a win and only one for a draw, the concept of attacking more could well pay off.

I do accept that it could go all wrong, but todate he as done very well pre rovers and quite good at rovers. Its been a hard time, but he has kept most of the players and as for the goal keeper situration I think we got a good deal.

In the end time will tell, and we will see who ends up being correct.

Do you not think that by losing Bentley Rovers attacking options have decreased by about 50% which is a big hit for us regardless of who takes his place.

Surprise surprise, noone gives a shiny turd about your supposed secret tenuous links with the club.

Don't worry, I'm off round the world for a good few months on Saturday so you won't need to hear my "tiresome" posts. Hasve a good time in East Lancs. Still...if you think suggesting Robinson was better than Friedel isn't worth contesting, then whats the point of having this discussion board?

and I never called you a racist......

Ha

You have been served!

And I said, technically, so is saying Essien is a better midfielder than Steven Reid.

But some opinions are so obvious they practically are facts.

Since when has an opinion that can only ever be an opinion been fact? The best thing is I didn't disagree with you but you still choose to argue. You accused me of being blinkered and rewriting history when you so obviously hadn't properly read my post. You obviously didn't reread it so here it is again.

I don't know how you can say a 'nailed on fact' about an opinion. The stats say Robinson kept more clean sheets, that's down to Robinson and his defense. I didn't watch every minute of every Spurs game over the past few seasons so I couldn't say for definite whether he is any better or worse than Brad over the same period of time. My opinion is that he had a nightmare last season from what I have seen. His appointment, in my opinion, is a remarkable one and I think he'll prove to be a very good signing indeed.

You are so obviously being argumentative for no particularly good reason. End of story.

What on earth makes you think I'm upset MB?

Changing position from concerned to desperately concerned? Well goodness. :)

I thought you knew more about football as well, than to state "stats tell us that Robinson has performed better than Friedel".

Notice you didn't answer my question either. :rolleyes: which suggests you're fishing for reactions.

You've clearly dug your heels in on this one so i'm not going to convince you or even try. If you can't see there is a massive difference between being concerned and being desperately concerned then it's clear i'm wasting my time.

When you start chucking comments like I thought you knew stuff about football then it's clear there is little point and as for fishing well i'll give that one the credit it deserves, none.

TGM for the record I stated stats tell us that Robinson has performed better than Friedel over the past few seasons. What you take from that is up to you but those deriding him so much prior to those stats would have used it as 'nailed on fact' if they had shown Brad having more clean sheets.

My opinion is that Brad is currently a better keeper than Robinson, but seeing as he had a slump in form last season that's not tough, keeper's often go through that especially when given little backing by their manager. However given the age difference at the fact that Robinson has very recently been accepted as a top class keeper i'll back Ince on this one. I didn't claim He was better than Friedel nor that the signing was remarkable but don't let stop you banging your head.

Don't worry, I'm off round the world for a good few months on Saturday so you won't need to hear my "tiresome" posts. Hasve a good time in East Lancs.

Thank Christ for that. Maybe by the time you come back we'll have played a few games and can have a disussion based on real facts as opposed to the rabid outputs of your self-proclaimed intelligence.

You've clearly dug your heels in on this one so i'm not going to convince you or even try. If you can't see there is a massive difference between being concerned and being desperately concerned then it's clear i'm wasting my time.

There's no "massive" difference there MB, you're splitting hairs.

Shame you think it's a waste of time answering my only question to you. Still, there you go.

Do you not think that by losing Bentley Rovers attacking options have decreased by about 50% which is a big hit for us regardless of who takes his place.

I don't, but that is of course an opinion as I do not have a crystal ball nor shaman like powers.

I will say that I believe Mr Gamst will have more freedom and responsibilities and our midfield will be radically altered.

We have a play-maker on the way and we are looking into some decent replacements.

50% sounds harsh.

I too was pleased with the Mark Hughes appointment but he too was an unproven talent at premiership level. He did a fantastic job with limited resources but.........some of the fare last season was cack!

Did you sit on the edge of your seat? Was the football exciting and attractive? Remember Birmingham?

Did you feel that Hughes had taken us as far as he could? I think he did......

We needed something new. I am in the minority, I think, who believe that Ince has the potential to take us that one step further. Yes he is a risk.......but if the alternative is BFS and Mclaren.......I would take it every day.

I see a few of the Hughes detractors are out and about. Shallow thinking bugggers! Mark Hughes stuck at least 50m into BRFC with his astute signings. He inherited a virtually worthless squad and now we could easily see 5 of our crown jewels go for something up to 50m!! I indeed WE have NEVER seen a BRFC manager achieve anything like that over the past half century of watching em! Absolutely remarkable and probably unique management especially given todays transfer madness.

(Dalglish made a lot of money but he had Uncle Jacks cheque book as his own friendly persuader. How he would have fared without it we can only speculate but imo there is no way that he would have matched Hughes's achievement.)

Yet you were critical of the appointment of Hughes and though he would fail.

Considering the glowing reference you just gave, again, perhaps hush hush and a bit of support drog?

You have claimed in the past that ''You gut feeling is usually right.'' Any evidence? I supsuect not, but don't let that stop the outlandish statements and predictions.

(Dalglish made a lot of money but he had Uncle Jacks cheque book as his own friendly persuader. How he would have fared without it we can only speculate but imo there is no way that he would have matched Hughes's achievement.)

A lot is made of Dalglish's big signings - not so much about Le Saux (400k), Berg (400k), Hendry (£750k) - or getting the best out of Wilcox, May and Atkins.

RSC & Bentley were MH best purchases - but there were a number of poor ones that people put to the back of their minds - Axe and Rigters spring to mind.

I am not saying that his record wasn't excellent - but I think we should take it all in context.

I see a few of the Hughes detractors are out and about. Shallow thinking bugggers! Mark Hughes stuck at least 50m into BRFC with his astute signings. He inherited a virtually worthless squad and now we could easily see 5 of our crown jewels go for something up to 50m!! I indeed WE have NEVER seen a BRFC manager achieve anything like that over the past half century of watching em! Absolutely remarkable and probably unique management especially given todays transfer madness.

How about listing the great players that Hughes inherited from Souness

A lot is made of Dalglish's big signings - not so much about Le Saux (400k), Berg (400k), Hendry (£750k) - or getting the best out of Wilcox, May and Atkins.

RSC & Bentley were MH best purchases - but there were a number of poor ones that people put to the back of their minds - Axe and Rigters spring to mind.

I am not saying that his record wasn't excellent - but I think we should take it all in context.

Think it should also be noted what Dalglish's purchases brought back in when they were sold.

You have claimed in the past that ''You gut feeling is usually right.'' Any evidence? I supsuect not, but don't let that stop the outlandish statements and predictions.

Bentley was another one of drog's 'gut feelings', that one didn't turn out well either.

You'll be competing with philipl at this rate theno. :)

Axe has played often enough. He's not good admittedly but when he signed we had no money except poss any trade in left overs from the scottish 'sting'.

Rigters has failed to date but the mother of all achievements was making money out of Kuqi!

The fact of the matter is that the walker revolution made BRFC the place to be and players jumped at the chance to come here. Hughes had to work much harder in convincing players and agents that coming here would further their careers. (Who might he have attracted under the Dalglish scenario?) and that was all finally and perfectly in place until last May. <_<

How about listing the great players that Hughes inherited from Souness

That'd be Friedel and Tugay. And to a lesser extent Ped, Neill and Emo.

Bentley was another one of drog's 'gut feelings', that one didn't turn out well either.

Yeah mighty odd that. I could see very little at all in Bentley at first ............. until Christmas when we actually bought and paid for him from the Arse, wherupon he immedietely transformed into the 'new Bergkamp' before our very eyes v Man U. If I did'nt know better I'd say he was playing to orders before then. ;)

Just a point though guys. It's nice to know that the more intelligent amongst you are paying so much attention to my words of wisdom... and for so long too. I'm feeling quite flattered. ;)

Whilst I appreciate that there was little Ince could do about Freidel and in the end I am glad to see the back of the arrogant little Bentley, names like Fowler, Andrews and now Pennant (£6mill?) fill me with trepidation. I fear that Ince may be out of his depth.

Hopefully they are just rumours and may never happen.

Just a point though guys. It's nice to know that the more intelligent amongst you are paying so much attention to my words of wisdom... and for so long too. I'm feeling quite flattered. ;)
Yes Theno, you have certainly earned your reputation as "the wisened old sage of this site". Except of course when you fell off the lofty perch recently to go and join a golf club. ;)

Whether we like it or not, Paul Ince is our Manager.

Hughes had a persona I warmed to and had respect for, Ince I am much more hesitant about not least because he seems to embody some traits which were the worst aspect of Souness.

Thus far in the transfer market (undoubtedly ably supported and with a bit of direction from John Williams), Ince has reacted to two pretty immovable outside forces (Villa waving a wadge at Brad and Bentley's daily calls to Spuds) pragmatically and got some impressive results from doing so.

We have a South American wonder kid here on loan with an agreed price of £4m if he works out and another South American was brought in on trial when we were advised getting a trial was impossible and he and his unsavoury entourage sent packing when he didn't cut the mustard. Oh,and we signed England's regular keeper of the past several years for a net of around £1m.

I am very impressed that we are reported to have Anthony Annan here on loan because that is a player I have a feeling might turn out to be very top drawer from the little I have seen of him.

I don't see we have much to complain about with Ince's ACTIONS to date.

I do look forwards to WATCHING Ince's teams on the pitch as it seems he is far more minded to provide attractive attacking football than Hughes was. I do think Ince has the instinct of a winner but don't know whether that will communicate itself properly through his backroom staff to the players and translates into RESULTS I don't know.

The natural place for Hughes' Rovers without Bentley would be bottom half and that is where we currently are IMO now the gabby drunk has gone to Spurts.

Let's see but there are no grounds for suicide watches at present.

Whether we like it or not, Paul Ince is our Manager.

Hughes had a persona I warmed to and had respect for, Ince I am much more hesitant about not least because he seems to embody some traits which were the worst aspect of Souness.

Thus far in the transfer market (undoubtedly ably supported and with a bit of direction from John Williams), Ince has reacted to two pretty immovable outside forces (Villa waving a wadge at Brad and Bentley's daily calls to Spuds) pragmatically and got some impressive results from doing so.

We have a South American wonder kid here on loan with an agreed price of £4m if he works out and another South American was brought in on trial when we were advised getting a trial was impossible and he and his unsavoury entourage sent packing when he didn't cut the mustard. Oh,and we signed England's regular keeper of the past several years for a net of around £1m.

I am very impressed that we are reported to have Anthony Annan here on loan because that is a player I have a feeling might turn out to be very top drawer from the little I have seen of him.

I don't see we have much to complain about with Ince's ACTIONS to date.

I do look forwards to WATCHING Ince's teams on the pitch as it seems he is far more minded to provide attractive attacking football than Hughes was. I do think Ince has the instinct of a winner but don't know whether that will communicate itself properly through his backroom staff to the players and translates into RESULTS I don't know.

The natural place for Hughes' Rovers without Bentley would be bottom half and that is where we currently are IMO now the gabby drunk has gone to Spurts.

Let's see but there are no grounds for suicide watches at present.

That about sums my thoughts up... :)

Archived