BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

The natural place for Hughes' Rovers without Bentley would be bottom half and that is where we currently are IMO now the gabby drunk has gone to Spurts.

I see the smug assertions that you had of Bentley being at BRFC next season have been kyboshed philip. I don't know which the club should fear most .... life without Bentley or Paul Ince with a fistful of dollars!

What supreme irony.... for the first time since Ferguson screwed us over we finally get serious money in our transfer kitty ...... but we have lost the Goose that laid the Golden egg.:(

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...kburn-loan.html

The part near the bottom makes me feel better,i get the feeling Bentley was starting to throw the toys out of his pram.Fair play to Ince and Williams for getting a good deal financially for Rovers.In the next week or so we will have to see some more incoming players,we will then get a better idea of roughly were we will be heading this season.I think Ince will do well for Rovers and surprise a lot of Rovers fans as well as the media.

I been following the blog linked below for a while now. It's written by a Rovers fan who's clearly very successful in business and has a wide-array of contacts. He seems a bit up himself if you ask me, but he does occasionally post the odd tit-bit of "insider" Rovers news.

Marple Leaf blog

Anyway, today he's posted a few thoughts about the Rovers. The one that stood out was this:

Managing. Paul Ince has - according to a good source in football agent circles - "lost the dressing room" already. His pre-match prep is patchy compared to Hughes and Ray Mathias takes the training. He likes winding players up by telling them there have been offers from other clubs. He wasn't even at Northwich, why?

The above may or may not be true - who knows - but there is no doubt that the guy who writes this blog is very well connected. Worrying.

The above may or may not be true - who knows - but there is no doubt that the guy who writes this blog is very well connected. Worrying.

More than worrying ; it fill me with dread for the season ahead.

I been following the blog linked below for a while now. It's written by a Rovers fan who's clearly very successful in business and has a wide-array of contacts. He seems a bit up himself if you ask me, but he does occasionally post the odd tit-bit of "insider" Rovers news.

Marple Leaf blog

Anyway, today he's posted a few thoughts about the Rovers. The one that stood out was this:

Managing. Paul Ince has - according to a good source in football agent circles - "lost the dressing room" already. His pre-match prep is patchy compared to Hughes and Ray Mathias takes the training. He likes winding players up by telling them there have been offers from other clubs. He wasn't even at Northwich, why?

Heard reports about the players and the coaching staff at training that havent been encouraging which prompted me to raise a question to our resident journo to see if he could come up with anything to support or deny this.

There is a conspiracy theory going around about why the Walker trust.. publicly stating....that they were investing money supporting the new manager.

The whole football industry seems to have adopted the public relations role of politicians in that what they say is not neccessarily what they do.

Marple Leaf blog

I like the idea that he says his source is 'a good source in football agent circles'. What does that mean? If his contact is a football agent then he really can't be trusted can he? If his contact is a football agents friend then I'd say the same things in that the football agent probably told him. If it is true then it is worrying but on the balance of evidence there isn't any...

Seems to have changed. Rumours nothing more. Support the manager.

Exactly, lets at least give him a chance to show what he can do!

There hasn't even been a competitive game yet and people are already suggesting the worst.

I don't get why people made more of a big deal out of the likes of Fowler coming than they do about Incey just confirming the signing of Villanueva who looks to be a very exciting prospect with a lot of talent and flair.

Marple Leaf blog

I'm sure there's plenty of people that have been hearing similar stories - very interesting to hear another source corroborate.

I have a bad feeling about Ince, and very little is happening to convince me otherwise.

Tbh if Ince has lost the dressing room already surely the board would have heard about and acted upon it? Personally i hope it isn`t true as i want Ince to succeed and like his ideas on how the game should be played.I think we will get more of an idea within a few months on how he is received in the dressing room.

Marple Leaf blog

Rovers Reserves were playing. He manages the 1st team not the reserves.

Secondly, IF he "lost the dressing room" then wouldn't all the players want to leave, such as Warnock, RSC, Reid, Samba,Nelsen etc?

Load of Rubbish.

Secondly, IF he "lost the dressing room" then wouldn't all the players want to leave, such as Warnock, RSC, Reid, Samba,Nelsen etc?

Load of Rubbish.

I must admit that I was amazed that Ince wasn't at Northwich. Mathias and Knox were both there but not the manager. A new manager had the opportunity to watch several of the younger - and not so young - players but didn't. I must admit that all the stories that are being leaked or otherwise about the new manager are negative.

When Hughes came the stories that leaked out were all of a positive nature about how the players were enjoying the training methods that had been introduced. Hughes was also seen at Reserve matches - both pre-season and during the season.

The rumour factory is working overtime and none of it is positive. Usually, you find a mixture of views but I have yet to speak to anyone who is particularly positive about the new season. I suspect that be the end of September we will all know if he has the confidence of the players or not.

At the moment I am keeping an open mind until I have seen how we play in the opening League games.

Load of Rubbish.

The more desirable of them - Warnock and Santa Cruz- seem to be doing so already. This doesn't surprise me at all. I hope it's wrong, but I just get the feeling that Ince is so "chavtastic" that any comparison between him and Hughes will drive our better players away.

Hughes was quiet, reflective and intellectual

Ince is not.

I must admit that I was amazed that Ince wasn't at Northwich. Mathias and Knox were both there but not the manager. A new manager had the opportunity to watch several of the younger - and not so young - players but didn't. I must admit that all the stories that are being leaked or otherwise about the new manager are negative.

When Hughes came the stories that leaked out were all of a positive nature about how the players were enjoying the training methods that had been introduced. Hughes was also seen at Reserve matches - both pre-season and during the season.

The rumour factory is working overtime and none of it is positive. Usually, you find a mixture of views but I have yet to speak to anyone who is particularly positive about the new season. I suspect that be the end of September we will all know if he has the confidence of the players or not.

At the moment I am keeping an open mind until I have seen how we play in the opening League games.

Ince wasnt going to gain much by watching a Rovers team play a semi-professional outfit was he, i dont see any point in him being there maybe he might have been studying for his badges :huh: .

But all this negativity could be turned into a positive if the management team collect all this rumour mill information and devise a plan that will change these negatives.

Marple Leaf blog

He looks more like Jonathan King than Eric Morecambe.

Ince wasnt going to gain much by watching a Rovers team play a semi-professional outfit was he, i dont see any point in him being there maybe he might have been studying for his badges :huh: .

But all this negativity could be turned into a positive if the management team collect all this rumour mill information and devise a plan that will change these negatives.

I seriously doubt he was studying his badges I don't think he's started his course yet.

I would have thought he would be there for one reason Robinson, he's just joined its his first game. I would have thought Ince would be there to see how he got on and to show his support/faith in the man.

I would have thought our press office would be working overtime at the moment bigging him up, player interviews and the such. there efforts hould be on lifting the doom and gloom atmosphere that has come about, due to the departures we have had.

Can anyone tell me if training at Brockhall is "open session"?

I seriously doubt he was studying his badges I don't think he's started his course yet.

I would have thought he would be there for one reason Robinson, he's just joined its his first game. I would have thought Ince would be there to see how he got on and to show his support/faith in the man.

I would have thought our press office would be working overtime at the moment bigging him up, player interviews and the such. there efforts hould be on lifting the doom and gloom atmosphere that has come about, due to the departures we have had.

Can anyone tell me if training at Brockhall is "open session"?

Apologies for the tongue in cheek comment about studying for his badges, but yes, you'd have thought the Rovers press office would be working overtime to big everything up.

As for training i dont think its open session thats why they moved to Brockhall for privacy.

I've been told in the past Rovers PR work very hard to prepare the manager, whoever at the time, for Press Conferences etc. I'm surprised we have heard so little from Paul Ince to date.

I've yet to meet a fan of another club that understands the appointment, I don't either. so far though things that have actually happened are positive; Bentley was always going so that isn't an issue, by all accounts Villanueva (sp?) is an exciting prospect and Brad, disappointing though it is, represents good business for the club.

My main worry is if we have a bad start, things could go badly wrong if that were to happen. If we lose the first 2-3 games the management team will be under enormous pressure. We must beat Hull, hopefully convincingly, as we then have to wait three weeks for Arsenal, followed by Fulham and United. With our opening fixtures a poor start could easily lead to something to really worry about. So far though all the bad news has been rumour and little has proved to be true.

I've been told in the past Rovers PR work very hard to prepare the manager, whoever at the time, for Press Conferences etc. I'm surprised we have heard so little from Paul Ince to date.

I've yet to meet a fan of another club that understands the appointment, I don't either. so far though things that have actually happened are positive; Bentley was always going so that isn't an issue, by all accounts Villanueva (sp?) is an exciting prospect and Brad, disappointing though it is, represents good business for the club.

My main worry is if we have a bad start, things could go badly wrong if that were to happen. If we lose the first 2-3 games the management team will be under enormous pressure. We must beat Hull, hopefully convincingly, as we then have to wait three weeks for Arsenal, followed by Fulham and United. With our opening fixtures a poor start could easily lead to something to really worry about. So far though all the bad news has been rumour and little has proved to be true.

At the end of the day we need to take 7 points from the first 5. I always consider anything againast the top 4 a bonus, although we do well againast united normally. If Ince can deliver that I will be happy it represents a realistic return considering the start we have.

The more desirable of them - Warnock and Santa Cruz- seem to be doing so already. This doesn't surprise me at all. I hope it's wrong, but I just get the feeling that Ince is so "chavtastic" that any comparison between him and Hughes will drive our better players away.

Hughes was quiet, reflective and intellectual

Ince is not.

Actually, rumors about RSC leaving started before Hughes left and were gaining steam when we were close to signing HTC to be our manager.

I'm in the no-smoke-without-fire camp. My personal view is that if the vibes about an appointment are good, you will "somehow" sense them. This could then be supported by reports, either overt or covert (ie: from club sources, footballing sources etc) of players' views of the camp, dynamics within the club, the general atmospherics. Is there a feeling of anticipation, are players happy, are there factions etc. Shortly after the Hughes appointment, reports emerged of players being truly refreshed by his methods, looking forward to training, willing to play for him, and everything was truly positive. That may have reduced some of the dissonance from the anti-Hughes camp at that time.

The situation today is that a sizeable chunk of the rovers support, at least on this board, have negative/ambivalent feelings towards Ince. The evidence we have - appointments of largely journeymen and unknown individuals as backroom staff, player and staff departures and covert information such as club atmospherics (which we take with a pinch of salt but still contributes to our understanding of the bigger picture) mainly point to a negative feeling.

At the end of the day, supporting football is nothing scientific. The players' skills maybe be trained, there may be a set of rules, but as fans, there is absolutely nothing scientific. We have pledged allegiance to the club either because of birth, or because you like/liked a certain player, or because you like the kit, or even simply because you hate united. There are infinite reasons why we support a club, but at any given time, i believe we all would have a sense of how the club is going, either positive or negative, or neither (stagnating). My view, along with some other supporters on this board, is that things are not going well in the club, and I really hope something happens to rectify it.

There are those who look on the bright side, and so be it. But come mid-August, every one of us will be watching the games, supporting the team, whereever we may be located. We voice out our emotions and feelings against Ince is because we care, not because we are prophets of doom.

OK this thought has just popped into my head, now before people jump on its exactly that a thought.

We've been linked with various players a RB, RW, 3*CM and all at transfer fee's of at least 1.5M upwards. We also have rumours flying round that some players are not impressed with the new regimes start (I'm not saying this is the case nor fact). Given that we have generated what in modern times is our greatest war chest to date, am I the only surprised by yet another loan deal (yes I know its only 2). I expected us to spend the money, we withdrew from Castillo citing bad attitude when he had a fee of 6M (lot of dollar for Rovers). We have also been linked with a selection of what I personnally feel are sub-standard players.

I do wonder whether Ince is going to be given all the generated, whether JW is 100% behind him or in fact now has reservations over his ability. I know there's a long time to go in the window and its early doors, like I said it popped into my head this morning, just a thought.

Archived