BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

OK this thought has just popped into my head, now before people jump on its exactly that a thought.

We've been linked with various players a RB, RW, 3*CM and all at transfer fee's of at least 1.5M upwards. We also have rumours flying round that some players are not impressed with the new regimes start (I'm not saying this is the case nor fact). Given that we have generated what in modern times is our greatest war chest to date, am I the only surprised by yet another loan deal (yes I know its only 2). I expected us to spend the money, we withdrew from Castillo citing bad attitude when he had a fee of 6M (lot of dollar for Rovers). We have also been linked with a selection of what I personnally feel are sub-standard players.

I do wonder whether Ince is going to be given all the generated, whether JW is 100% behind him or in fact now has reservations over his ability. I know there's a long time to go in the window and its early doors, like I said it popped into my head this morning, just a thought.

Interesting thought, but I think we are just being very careful with our spendings.

Maybe Ince and JW has found out that Right Back isn't the biggest priority and that Simpson will do a great job here. He has looked good when he has been in Action for United. A loan with option to buy would also represent a small risk and is IMO a great way to deal with players. If they don't fit in, just send them back and if they impress you can buy them to an already set price.

According to JW the def.midfield is the biggest priority and maybe we are going to spend big here.

I think we are dealing very clever and not taking any risks, but actually brining players in for a trail, i.e Castillo.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting thought, but I think we are just being very careful with our spendings.

Maybe Ince and JW has found out that Right Back isn't the biggest priority and that Simpson will do a great job here. He has looked good when he has been in Action for United. A loan with option to buy would also represent a small risk and is IMO a great way to deal with players. If they don't fit in, just send them back and if they impress you can buy them to an already set price.

According to JW the def.midfield is the biggest priority and maybe we are going to spend big here.

I think we are dealing very clever and not taking any risks, but actually brining players in for a trail, i.e Castillo.

I don't disagree just found it odd given that we need a RB and having been linked with proven internationals that in the end we have signed Simpson ( he is pretty quick so a bit more pace added and surely he picked up a thing or two from Neville). Perhaps he's saving some for Jan, investing in the youth (please do this JW) who knows we could spunk it all on Joaquin!! :lol:

I do believe and said so before that we needed a RB and a holding player, Simpson did well againast wigan set up rooney with a good cross but had a disaster againast everton and was dragged of after 30 mins, but that was last year. As I said it was a passing thought and wanted to see others views on it.

But as naughty as it sounds it would be a wise move, just in case.

I do wonder whether Ince is going to be given all the generated, whether JW is 100% behind him or in fact now has reservations over his ability.

Majiball!?! Why should Ince be given all thats generated ffs? BRFC HAS to be run as a business or we will not survive. The stupidity that we have seen at the likes of Lpool / Newcastle / WHU would finish us off, just as similar financial stupidity has seen the likes of Coventry / Leicester / Soton / LUFC / Forest etc etc all melt their wings by flying too close to the sun.

Hughes got sod all and built a team worth many many times the value that he inherited ..... if Paul Ince is the man that JW tells us he is then he must be expected to do the same. THAT is what managing BRFC is all about. :!:

I know I am possibly biased as I did not want Ince appointing from the start, but the thought of him holding the currently bulging BRFC cheque book fills me with horror.

I been following the blog linked below for a while now. It's written by a Rovers fan who's clearly very successful in business and has a wide-array of contacts. He seems a bit up himself if you ask me, but he does occasionally post the odd tit-bit of "insider" Rovers news.

Marple Leaf blog

Anyway, today he's posted a few thoughts about the Rovers. The one that stood out was this:

Managing. Paul Ince has - according to a good source in football agent circles - "lost the dressing room" already. His pre-match prep is patchy compared to Hughes and Ray Mathias takes the training. He likes winding players up by telling them there have been offers from other clubs. He wasn't even at Northwich, why?

The above may or may not be true - who knows - but there is no doubt that the guy who writes this blog is very well connected. Worrying.

The last time I can remember anything written by this bloke, he was either speculating as to the identities of our mystery bidders around the time of the Dan Williams interest, or speculating on who DW's backers were. Can't remember which exactly.

Either way he got it completely wrong, the gist of the piece was that the identities of the two men would have Rovers fans reaching for the revolver - then he went on to name two blokes, one a Spurs fan, one a Citeh fan. Complete and utter cobblers seemingly.

As I recall he also claimed nicko was a friend of, or was particularly close to, John Williams - which I think I'm right in saying nicko denied.

As I recall he also claimed nicko was a friend of, or was particularly close to, John Williams - which I think I'm right in saying nicko denied.

I'm sure you are right Simon but I couldn't help thinking of Mandy Rice Davies when I read that. :lol:

Lets just all get behind him and give the man a chance eh,he at least deserves that not idle rumour and chit chat.Then we can all either place him on a golden throne or throw him to the Lions FFS!.

Rest assured we will all find out soon enough whether Ince is up to the job or not,the Premierleague is an unforgiving place as we all

know.

Fasten your seat belts folks!

Majiball!?! Why should Ince be given all thats generated ffs? BRFC HAS to be run as a business or we will not survive. The stupidity that we have seen at the likes of Lpool / Newcastle / WHU would finish us off, just as similar financial stupidity has seen the likes of Coventry / Leicester / Soton / LUFC / Forest etc etc all melt their wings by flying too close to the sun.

Hughes got sod all and built a team worth many many times the value that he inherited ..... if Paul Ince is the man that JW tells us he is then he must be expected to do the same. THAT is what managing BRFC is all about. :!:

I know I am possibly biased as I did not want Ince appointing from the start, but the thought of him holding the currently bulging BRFC cheque book fills me with horror.

Calm down Calm down

look as i said it was a thought not my opinion a thought, I made the point of putting that in on several occasions on purpose. All the monies from the sale's are surplus we do not need them to break even to the best of my knowledge. I did not say mortage the club to the hilt merely put together some of the rumours and posted the one of the thoughts that came into my head. To quote JW "we do not need to sell our players" this means we break even with out sales, isn't that also the reason the trust withdrew funding in the first place! So all sales must be extra money we can invest or stick in the bank.

We are not shopping for scraps at the moment robbo 3.5, plus if they sign Pineapple and simpson 6.5M equates to more than hughes spent last year total, so our position has changed. We generated a supposed 10M war chest last year if reports are to be believed that covers the above add on their wages for the year and we still have a lot left.

As was said by many how much longer could hughes have kept pulling magical signings outta the air, it would not last.

IF Ince signs Fowler on loan, then for me coupled with his other loan signings hes got one foot out of the Ewood Park door, hes on shaky ground coupled with the players not taking to his back room staff (Warnock looking for new pastures).

We are in for a shaky start.

IF Ince signs Fowler on loan, then for me coupled with his other loan signings hes got one foot out of the Ewood Park door, hes on shaky ground coupled with the players not taking to his back room staff (Warnock looking for new pastures).

We are in for a shaky start.

Players not getting on with backroom staff? Warnock looking for pastures new? I take it you have excellent sources.

Players not getting on with backroom staff? Warnock looking for pastures new? I take it you have excellent sources.

Maybe i should rephrase, getting on, and replace it with respecting the backroom staff, as for Warnock Nicko's Newcastle contact states they are confident in landing Warnock, Warnock must be giving his agent every encouragement for the move otherwise the agent would be pursueing it - would he?.

Spoke to Sambas agent several weeks ago just before the Friedel news broke, asked him what was happening at Rovers, he said Blackburn would go back to being a small club due to lack of money and that in time we'd grow to dislike Hughes as he'd be coming to take some of our players away from Rovers, that was several weeks ago so far nothing YET has happened .

Maybe i should rephrase, getting on, and replace it with respecting the backroom staff, as for Warnock Nicko's Newcastle contact states they are confident in landing Warnock, Warnock must be giving his agent every encouragement for the move otherwise the agent would be pursueing it - would he?.

Spoke to Sambas agent several weeks ago just before the Friedel news broke, asked him what was happening at Rovers, he said Blackburn would go back to being a small club due to lack of money and that in time we'd grow to dislike Hughes as he'd be coming to take some of our players away from Rovers, that was several weeks ago so far nothing YET has happened .

You have been selective with Nicko's rumours there. If what he says is true City wont be in for any our players as they are potless.

Too much doom ,gloom and rumour mongering. Ince wasn't my choice but he's here now and should be backed.

You have been selective with Nicko's rumours there. If what he says is true City wont be in for any our players as they are potless.

Too much doom ,gloom and rumour mongering. Ince wasn't my choice but he's here now and should be backed.

I think the Warnock thing suggests there has been changes that he doesn't like and who would be suprised? I've said it before but to bring Archie Knox and Ray Mathias in as replacements for Bowen and Eddie Nied is asking for trouble.

I think the Warnock thing suggests there has been changes that he doesn't like and who would be suprised? I've said it before but to bring Archie Knox and Ray Mathias in as replacements for Bowen and Eddie Nied is asking for trouble.

What "Warnock" thing though? His only qoutes about the new regime were positive and the rest is unsubstantiated rumour based on the Barcodes need for a left back.

Why are Knox and Mathias trouble? Puzzled by that one.....almost as much as by what seems to be a desire by some Rovers fans for Ince to fail.

Ince:

still 2 weeks to go.

Robinson played well....even if score says otherwise.

Biggest difference with MK job............he has to monitor players from all over the world and time is short to get to know who is available.

Meeting with chairman next week to decide how much he can spend and where he's going to spend it.

Said he needed a couple of players and later said he needed to bring in 3 or 4 to freshen things up.

Refused to admit that Pennant was a target.

That's about all i remember!

Tonyoz posted that in the Friendlies thread.

OK, I didn't hear the interview but Ince comes over as clueless.

The guy is supposed to have played for the Mancs, Inter and Liverpool and is whingeing about tracking players worldwide whereas Sparky instantly had players from obscure corners he could call upon.

Doesn't know how much he has to spend?

He has only been at Rovers for what, four weeks now. It seems it is harder for him to chat with John Williams than any ordinary Rovers supporter.

Freshen up with two players or three or four????

Rovers don't need quantity- we've got that in most positions already. We are desperately short of quality now Bentley has gone.

The guy is supposed to have played for the Mancs, Inter and Liverpool and is whingeing about tracking players worldwide whereas Sparky instantly had players from obscure corners he could call upon.

Doesn't know how much he has to spend?

He has only been at Rovers for what, four weeks now. It seems it is harder for him to chat with John Williams than any ordinary Rovers supporter.

Freshen up with two players or three or four????

Rovers don't need quantity- we've got that in most positions already. We are desperately short of quality now Bentley has gone.

I thought you said your comments of panic on another thread were tongue in cheek philipl?

The guy is supposed to have played for the Mancs, Inter and Liverpool and is whingeing about tracking players worldwide whereas Sparky instantly had players from obscure corners he could call upon. Hughes was an international manager ince was not hughes has serious spare time to scout the globe prior to his arrival, I read that giggs described him a true student of the game after every session he would write down what they did etc

Doesn't know how much he has to spend?Guess he's referring to the Bentley money

He has only been at Rovers for what, four weeks now. It seems it is harder for him to chat with John Williams than any ordinary Rovers supporter.Perhaps John has locked himself in his office crying in a corner saying what have I done (joke)

Freshen up with two players or three or four????RB - Probably, RW - definitely, holding player - definitely, AM - definitely

Rovers don't need quantity- we've got that in most positions already. We are desperately short of quality now Bentley has gone.4 sounds about right to me sorry Phil

I thought you said your comments of panic on another thread were tongue in cheek philipl?

There is a difference between giving good radio interviews and being a good Manager and I said I had not heard the interview.

What Ince achieved at Macclesfield and MK Dons was nothing short of amazing.

Having played at Mancs, Inter and Liverpool, managing Rovers should not be taking him and his team into nosebleed territory but he's giving a good outwards impression of being out of his depth and the EPL and Rovers players could well be sensing that making Ince's task far more difficult than it should be.

I wish I were hearing about use of prozone, modern training techniques, high performance sports science and the like. What we are seeing does not match the promise John Williams spoke of when he brought Ince in. Instead Ince is doing a good impression of a fourth division manager who is out of his depth.

However, I am not in the school of looking for every scrap of potential concern or bad news as self-serving justification for doomsday unlike you JAL. You obviously enjoy having a good slag off as we all remember your absurd campaign against David Dunn.

Archived