BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunns crap philipl, so are a few others, but my concerns are as are yours about Rovers, currently growing, i'm sure the board and the trust are very concerned at this moment in time, very concerned, winning football matches is what its all about and we Rovers seem to be moving further away from that goal.

Only good quality players are going to save Paul Ince at this moment in time and with the board quite reluctant to throw Paul Ince some cash the situation isnt looking good far from it.

I might not come across in the right way for some, but i feel i need to voice my concerns.

So what is the solution.. ince needs to find cheap stars (like as you mentioned Valencia but that to me is like Carlos, simpson et al).. he also needs to go big for a couple of players and to me its obvious he is looking, but that takes time and research and getting to know what you already have.. have we given him the time.. err no

For me ince is learning and he is learning quick, he has signed a couple of potentially brilliant players for nothing.. he is not looking for players to replace what we already have sorted and he has openly said he wants what we all feel we need.. to me well played

Give the chap a chance, we are weaker but is that Ince's fault? Did he sack all of the staff? Did he get rid of Hughs? did he want to loose bentley?

Lets judge him on the 31st when we cant sign anyone else.. this seasons transfer window has for all clubs (bar Sunderland) been rather a strange one.

For me if Ince immediatly went out and splashed our now decent transfer budget on day one... we would be in a mess.. he has taken his time and looked around and tried to keep the best we have.. he has the cash now lets leave him too it..

role on the 31st and lets see where we stand.

Ince's interview on Radio Bloke after yesterday's match was an embarrassing incoherent jumble of thoughts and words delivered in a horrible estuary accent.

Never mind a new right midfielder, Rovers should hire a speech therapist ...

Ince's interview on Radio Bloke after yesterday's match was an embarrassing incoherent jumble of thoughts and words delivered in a horrible estuary accent.

Maybe if it upsets you so much you could buy him a voice machine like steven Hawkins.Added bonus is he sounds more intellectual and it'd be cheaper.

Ince's interview on Radio Bloke after yesterday's match was an embarrassing incoherent jumble of thoughts and words

Well if he cocks up at Rovers he can always get a job at one of Rupert's papers . You could give him a reference , jim ...........

Bit cruel to have a go at him for that. As I mentioned on another thread, he looks like he completely lacks confidence in front of the camera, or in an interview situation.

Hopefully it is not a case that he thinks he is out of his depth....

Nicko - I saw this one to - is there anything in it ?

I must admit we don't seem to be getting any positive vibes coming out of the team. Though I suppose a few victories may change that. Is it really as bad as this article portrays - or just teething problems as the squad gets used to a new regime ?

Nicko - I saw this one to - is there anything in it ?

I must admit we don't seem to be getting any positive vibes coming out of the team. Though I suppose a few victories may change that. Is it really as bad as this article portrays - or just teething problems as the squad gets used to a new regime ?

I suppose it may alert Ince that he may have a problem (Thats if he reads the papers)

its easy for the papers to write stuff like that though isnt it. thats the way i look at it.

maybe some players are taking a while to adjust but that doesnt mean they are all unhappy with ince. warnock has said he is happy to work with ince. ince has stated that all our players have watched villaueva on you tube and are excited by him etc.

think its easy for people to write these stories when the whole management of a team changes.

to be fair that article hinted that bentley left because of ince - not the case as we all know.

scary thing though is that nelsen and warnock among others said when ince arrived that they wanted to committ - like the articel says, but after that it has been silent.

nicko!

There's no smoke without fire, very sad to hear this, i really hope it's not true but wouldn't surprise me. Football is more scientific now and Ince has to embrace it.

I agree - no smoke without fire. But I suppose the flames of this particular fire could be fanned by players who consider themselves most at risk of being replaced ?

I still wait for some form of confirmation from our resident "insider" Mr Nixon. I thought Ince embraced scientific methods - have we really gone back to the Souness training days :angry:

Let the season begin, if we start winning expect the same whinging players to say how brilliant Ince's methods are, if we are losing expect them to continue to turn on him.

This is Ince's debut season, he will make mistakes but we have got to back the guy. He has signed the best sports Science person in the country so I think he is quite modern. He likes wingers and wants to play attractive football, now that again sounds modern in a league where a vast number of teams are playing 4-5-1!!

Let the season begin, if we start winning expect the same whinging players to say how brilliant Ince's methods are, if we are losing expect them to continue to turn on him.

This is Ince's debut season, he will make mistakes but we have got to back the guy. He has signed the best sports Science person in the country so I think he is quite modern. He likes wingers and wants to play attractive football, now that again sounds modern in a league where a vast number of teams are playing 4-5-1!!

Sorry - struggled to keep up with all the comings and goings during the close season - whats the name of our new sports science guy ?

Archived