BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

If you employ a manger who is obviously as thick as pig-###### then this is always going to happen.

I can just about understand the board wanting to employ Ince, but allowing him to bring in his League Two backroom staff and old-mate Fowler is shocking.

I'm actually quite impressed by his signings, he's obviously got something about him in that department...but that's pointless if he can't train/motivate/inspire/organise a team.

To be fair, I think the signings of Villanueva and Simpson are potentially good. Robinson is not, Fowler even training with the club is a disgrace...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you employ a manger who is obviously as thick as pig-###### then this is always going to happen.

I can just about understand the board wanting to employ Ince, but allowing him to bring in his League Two backroom staff and old-mate Fowler is shocking.

I'm actually quite impressed by his signings, he's obviously got something about him in that department...but that's pointlessif he can't train/motivate/inspire/organise a team.

To be fair to Ince we don't know if he can't, unless you want to believe a Journo from the mail. When we get to october/november then you can judge him.

I think the main problem on here is that some came out in support of other managers, like Laudrup, and because JW didn't pick them they don't want to give Ince their full support and are looking at any excuse to have a go at him.

To be fair to Ince we don't know if he can't, unless you want to believe a Journo from the mail. When we get to october/november then you can judge him.

I think the main problem on here is that some came out in support of other managers, like Laudrup, and because JW didn't pick them they don't want to give Ince their full support and are looking at any excuse to have a go at him.

I was open to the Idea of Ince until I found out he had no coaching qualifications and wanted to bring in a 4th Division management team, for me that is asking for trouble.

To be fair, I think the signings of Villanueva and Simpson are potentially good. Robinson is not, Fowler even training with the club is a disgrace...

Again give him time and we'll can judge him better, can't see fowler improving our team but he has not been given a contract yet.

People need to calm down. If you can spell the words 'bloody' and 'muslims' you are qualified to write for the Daily Mail. I've read it a bit in the past and the kind of rubbish you find written in there is laughable. I stongly suspect that they gave someone in their office a badge that said 'Senior Team Player' and got him to say whats written there.

I was open to the Idea of Ince until I found out he had no coaching qualifications and wanted to bring in a 4th Division management team, for me that is asking for trouble.

I can't understand what the big deal is with coaching qualifications, I mean did shankly or clough have coaching qualifications and both started their managerial careers at lower division teams.

I'm sure MK Dons were promoted, so they would be a 3rd division management team :rolleyes:

Oh! as one of these 4th division management team just left to join Man Utd, he must be really rubbish then!!!

I didn't say he couldn't, I just said 'if'. But all the signs coming out of the club so far are that he's going to struggle, and those signs are the players wanting to leave (or at least not coming out and saying they want to stay), the crap pre-season results, and now this article which Nicko has said there is some truth in.

Personally, I think the main problem is there are a hell of a lot things you can have a go at Ince about; lack of experience, arrogance, disregard for coaching qualifications, selection of staff, Fowler, pre-season results, not coming across very well interviews...

The only positive I can find is I'm quite impressed with the we have signed or are looking to sign. But apart from that it sounds like we have second rate management team not even remotely qualified to be at this level.

I can't understand what the big deal is with coaching qualifications, I mean did shankly or clough have coaching qualifications and both started their managerial careers at lower division teams.

I'm sure MK Dons were promoted, so they would be a 3rd division management team :rolleyes:

Oh! as one of these 4th division management team just left to join Man Utd, he must be really rubbish then!!!

Shankly and co was a long time ago in a different game. The only country in Europe which slacks on these qualifications in England. Look who has the worst coaches, England.

You should be perfectly well aware that I wasn't talking about Eric Steele, Ray Mathias is who I have in mind. He is taking our training sessions and it will destroy all the good work Hughes and co did very quickly. The signs are that it's already happened.

Completely irrevelent because neither did their peers, therefore it was a level playing field. I'm afraid, with our underqualified and anachronistic management team, we are at a distinct disadvantage to those around us.

I stongly suspect that they gave someone in their office a badge that said 'Senior Team Player' and got him to say whats written there.

Indeed - it's always a 'senior player' or an 'insider' or a 'great source'. We never see 'junior players' or 'peripheral player about to cast onto the crapheap' or a 'spurious, bitter & twisted, status-anxiety ridden loser with his 15 mins of fame' do we?

So much for balanced journalism hey?

I always think articles like this are like asking the spurned stunning wife who's just found her husband of 40 years 'in flagrante' with their ugly fat best man in a gimp outfit, if she think's theres a problem in their relationship.

Shankly and co was a long time ago in a different game. The only country in Europe which slacks on these qualifications in England. Look who has the worst coaches, England.

You should be perfectly well aware that I wasn't talking about Eric Steele, Ray Mathias is who I have in mind. He is taking our training sessions and it will destroy all the good work Hughes and co did very quickly. The signs are that it's already happened.

Bish, remind me, out of you & Jan, who is witchfinder general and who is the grand wizard? So, as your posts read, if we potted Matthias, it's all happy days then, and you'd be delighted enough the drop the pitchforks then?

The Mail is a rubbish paper but don't bury your head in the sand. It's obvious already that there are big problems with Ince and the 4th Division/OAP training team...

oh no, im sure there are teething troubles, but i dont think they are in the slightest bit differnt to the kind of troubles any new manager has. The players getting used to Ince is not a special case, its the same at any club who has hired a new manager. Look at Chelsea, Lampard and Drogba wanting to jump ship ASAP. That calmed down after a few conversations, so will this.

I always think articles like this are like asking the spurned stunning wife who's just found her husband of 40 years 'in flagrante' with their ugly fat best man in a gimp outfit, if she think's theres a problem in their relationship.

So that (metaphorically speaking) would be our management team then? Don't you think there is a right to complain in that situation!

How do you know, oh yeah, because some journo from the mail says that a senior player says so!!

Indeed - it's always a 'senior player' or an 'insider' or a 'great source'. We never see 'junior players' or 'peripheral player about to cast onto the crapheap' or a 'spurious, bitter & twisted, status-anxiety ridden loser with his 15 mins of fame' do we?

So much for balanced journalism hey?

Bish, remind me, out of you & Jan, who is witchfinder general and who is the grand wizard? So, as your posts read, if we potted Matthias, it's all happy days then, and you'd be delighted enough the drop the pitchforks then?

:) No, I think Mathias is one of a number of problems with Ince. As Le Chuck said, no coaching badges, terrible interviews, Fowler, poor pre season results, Paul Robinson.

It's often said that Mathias did much of the work at MK Dons and Ince was a figurehead. I'm sure Mathias did a good job at that level. My issue is that there are clearly going to be problems having Mathias taking charge of our players and Ince as much as admits that he is dependent on him.

If there is a player revolt against Mathias and Ince is dependent on him then it's clear that both of them are out of their depth.

To reply to Ebenrocks: How you can compare our situation with Paul Ince in charge to Chelsea's with Scolari in charge is beyond me. To my mind there has been no suggestion that there are problems with Scolari and the players.

So that (metaphorically speaking) would be our management team then? Don't you think there is a right to complain in that situation!

I'm not sure who is who @ Brockhall in that analogy now you mention it? :rolleyes:

It's not whether she would have a right of complaint, I'm just suggesting it's not neccessarily good grounds for a balanced reaction.

How do you know, oh yeah, because some journo from the mail says that a senior player says so!!

That is one bit of evidence, as is Nicko's confirmation and the fact that it's obvious that replacing one of Europe's most highly qualified young management teams with a 4th Division/OAP team will cause serious problems.

:) No, I think Mathias is one of a number of problems with Ince. As Le Chuck said, no coaching badges, terrible interviews, Fowler, poor pre season results, Paul Robinson.

It's often said that Mathias did much of the work at MK Dons and Ince was a figurehead. I'm sure Mathias did a good job at that level. My issue is that there are clearly going to be problems having Mathias taking charge of our players and Ince as much as admits that he is dependent on him.

If there is a player revolt against Mathias and Ince is dependent on him then it's clear that both of them are out of their depth.

To reply to Ebenrocks: How you can compare our situation with Paul Ince in charge to Chelsea's with Scolari in charge is beyond me. To my mind there has been no suggestion that there are problems with Scolari and the players.

It was also the case that Eddie N took on the majority of coaching with Hughes too. Likewise numerous other 'coaches' under previous regimes.

Poor old Tony Parkes, Mr Balls, Bibs and Cones as they called him, had the same accusations once Dalglish had shuffled along. Perhaps there's parallels with the Harford regime on this point, who knows?

It's all interesting, but I don't think that article has changed anything IMO, I actually find it quite amusing that so many people are using that as ammunition to their prejudices. It's not exactly well detailed in content is it?

I still maintain that if a polemic article came out in a newspaper that complemented Ince, it would be written off as spin by the pitchforkers.

For the record, I've concerns as a lot of people have, and even agree with some of the more extreme anti-Incers on here (steady....). However, I can also see the bigger picture, and of course I may be naive in doing so, but still he needs time.

I think it's fair to say that if we'd been crackers enough to go for Allardyce, there may even be a greater volume of discontent & detractors, but - as hard as it would be personally, I'd still have to wait and see. Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment, which brings me back nicely to that gimp outfit......

It was also the case that Eddie N took on the majority of coaching with Hughes too. Likewise numerous other 'coaches' under previous regimes.

But Eddie N has a UEFA Pro License and came from Arsenal...you can't really get someone more qualified to take on such a role.

Ray Mathias has had failed spells as Tranmere and Chester manager and, now in to his sixties, was still knocking around in the fourth tier.

The contrast is truly staggering, you couldn't really get greater without venturing in to semi-pro level.

I can't see what everyone is getting all irate about. There's not anything any of us can do about it at the minute, so it's all rather pointless arguing about it now.

As for some of you going mental over a Daily Mail non-story, you should be ashamed. That's exactly what the paper likes to do with the majority of its articles, whether they be about asylum-seekers, muslims, gypsies or the minds of our innocent children being corrupted by vile, violent videogames. No source, one quote that could've been made up by anyone - if you took a step back for a minute you'd realise how ridiculous you sound.

If there really was a mutiny going on, there'd be half a dozen transfer requests handed in already and players shouting 'come and get me' pleas from the rooftops. Bentley certainly doesn't count because he started mouthing off whilst pished on holiday in Spain before he'd even been to training.

Personally, I'm going to save my judgement on Ince's methods until at least after Saturday. It's the first game at home of the pre-season and I should think he'll start with a strong starting XI and we should hopefully get a look at a few of the new signings. I expect all Daily Mail reactionaries to be down at Ewood on Saturday so they can have a proper look for themselves, instead of foaming at the mouth and venting their impotent rage all over the internet.

Even after the Breda game, we won't know what the team is officially going to look like or how they play until the season actually starts. You need evidence before you can have a debate, whereas any 'moron' can garner their opinions from the Daily Mail.

I think it's fair to say that if we'd been crackers enough to go for Allardyce,

Explain please DB? BWFC fans would have him back in an unstant. He has kept a small town team in the top half of the prem on a shoestring. What are we in your opinion?

People need to calm down. If you can spell the words 'bloody' and 'muslims' you are qualified to write for the Daily Mail. I've read it a bit in the past and the kind of rubbish you find written in there is laughable. I stongly suspect that they gave someone in their office a badge that said 'Senior Team Player' and got him to say whats written there.

All those dissing the Daily Mail report through some sort of prejudice please note that our very own 'scoop' Alan Nixon has been sitting on the same story too.

No smoke without fire.

But Eddie N has a UEFA Pro License and came from Arsenal...you can't really get someone more qualified to take on such a role.

Ray Mathias has had failed spells as Tranmere and Chester manager and, now in to his sixties, was still knocking around in the fourth tier.

The contrast is truly staggering, you couldn't really get greater without venturing in to semi-pro level.

Personally, I don't give a ferret's tickle if they had Jade Goody coaching them. If it works on the pitch, and we get results, that's my criteria.

Brian Kidd was a fantastic coach, well-qualified, highly respected, not a manager though. Likewise Ray H.

Seem to recall Souness brought in Boersma, at a mild disruption, and we didn't criticise his influence or coaching or the merits of qualifications, dynamics with the squad?

All this talk of Matthias, and other stuff, doesn't work as a converse argument. Of course there's going to be a massive step down, only a fool would argue otherwise. Ince had to make a lot of decisions, and maybe in time, you may be proved right on Matthias, or not. In the scheme of things, it's not the coaching staff that will be the biggest issue, it's what happens in time, on the pitch that we'll judge them on.

I still make the point that when the Taffia came in, we didn't cream ourselves. We waited to see how it transpired, and then now they've gone you're extolling their virtues against our present incumbents. Ince had to make quick decisions, so he went for who he trusted. I note you're not complementing him on his first choice of goalie coach, who's obviously a turnip and Taggart knows nowt too?

Don't forget, the Taffia left and IF anyone was seriously trying to suggest our present staff are better, why weren't they in the job? Of course it's a step down - but it remains to be seen if it's too steep a step. For now, I think folk are homing in on things to suit their arguments/anti-Ince opinions.

Ultimately, we're all fickle. As unlikely as you probably think it may prove to be, if we play wonderful football all season, and consolidate for a season, I doubt you'd be honest & open enough to complement the coaching staff.

Explain please DB? BWFC fans would have him back in an unstant. He has kept a small town team in the top half of the prem on a shoestring. What are we in your opinion?

IMO Allardyce was wrong on so many levels. The only positive I felt was that he had his backroom staff 'in situ' and continuity is a good thing. What I didn't like was his attitude, his baggage, his style of play and the fact he hates us more than Ince has ever put on the record. Time will only tell, and ironically, Ince may end up proving the pitchforkers right, but I felt Allardyce would undo all the progression & steady growth MH & the Taffia brought in.

What are we compared to Bolton? A better-run club for a start, with far more credibility and recent history on our side, and more players other teams covet.

Bolton fans under Allardyce also watched the most stultefying, negative, cynical type of anti-football that made John Beck's horror shows look like Brazil in the 70 World Cup. It was bad enough having to watch 2 games of that per season, so I wouldn't exactly hold up a Bolton fan as a fair scholar of football, they must have been easily pleased.

As for a shoestring, that's a matter of opinion. BW had high player churn, didn't bring in much revenue on selling players, high wages, 'no smoke without fire' surely must apply to his transfer dealings then?

As for Nicko sitting on the article, I'm not surprised - every journo/hack would be gunning for a negative news story to have in the locker akin to this. Like every team always has a foreign player who comes out and speaks honestly a la Lars, Henchoz, Evra about things and then claims to be misquoted. Good stuff is so contrary to our media isn't it? At least Nicko had the sense to sit on the story and deserves credit for his stance.

Archived