BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

I have been a Paul Ince fan since day 1 and still am, do you want to know why. WE HAVEN'T PLAYED A BLOODY GAME OF COMPETITIVE FOOTBALL AND YOUR ALREADY THINKING OF REPLACEMENTS. WERE NOT NEWCASTLE. So why don't we all give him him the chance he deserves and judge him in 6 or 7 months time.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's look at the facts.

Friedel left : well none of us wanted or expected that, but it appears that it wasn't the decision of the club, certainly not Ince. Friedel got a great offer, simple as that. Slight negative.

Bentley left : we all knew that long before Ince took charge. Before Hughes had even left Bentley had already come out in public and said that he wanted out. So you can't blame Ince for that, if anything he did his job in being part of a management team that got a good price for him (not that he did much, but he said the right things to the press). Slight positive.

Backroom staff : can't really say anything until we see the team in real action. I've not heard any praise, which would have been nice, but we've only got this one tabloid story. Moderate negative so far.

Villanueva : Had been totally off of the radar and is a very exciting signing. Large positive.

Robinson : Well as far as premiership ready replacements go he was probably just about as good as we could get for the price we were looking at. Could be a failure, could be fantastic (like almost every player we sign). Moderate-Large positive.

Other players we have been linked with range from fairly exciting to uninspiring (Annan to Andrews with a lot inbetween). Neutral, we have to see what we end up with.

This could be teething problems, it could be a false report, it could have been planted by Spurs or Villa, it could have been blown out of proportion or it could be the start of a huge problem. I think it is probably a teething problem that is being made too much of, but only time will tell. What I can say is, despite the fact that I was totally against the appointment of Ince at the time and was very vocal in my support of two other candidates, since he was made the manager he will have my full support until I see something concrete that shows he isn't doing a good job. So far the only concrete things we have to go by are that he appointed a goalkeeping coach who was considered good enough for United, he signed a very exciting player in Villanueva and he did a fairly good job of replacing Friedel. No concrete negatives yet.

Maybe you havent been around as long as me SG194 but the last time we had rumours like this was back in the 1978-79 pre season. And I dare not mention what happened that season.

The manager lasted 172 days :rock:

Of course a lot more people have access to the info than ever before.I'm sure that makes a big difference.

Instead of reading a rational debate I feel like I have stumbled into a local post office full of hysterical gossiping fishwives :wacko:

So Bentley has spouted off to some reporter after being made to do 20 push ups in training. He's really been through it this summer hasn't he? That's probably not even one for every grand he earnt a week at Rovers.

Practically a slave, is there any wonder he left? Doesn't Paul Ince understand who he is / was?

Meanwhile someone keep the medicine cabinet away from the members of the BRFC Supporters messageboard. Eleven days to go until the season kicks off I'm hoping the number of suicides will be kept to a minimum.

I beleive that there have been too many people getting on Ince's back straight off, would they have done this to shearer if he had arrived (with no management experience)?????? I have liked to see the way in which Ince has tried to make us a more attacking a potent team but the guy needs time, to bring in the players to play the system and to settle all new and old players into one gelled unit. The problems we had against wolves were pretty much the problems we had last season at the back, set pieces and stupid challenges. I am also very much a fan of him giving youth a chance in these games which in all honesty, apart from peter and derbs didn't really happen much under Hughes. I respect hughes for the job he done in his four years but at the end of the season it was clear he could take us no further and we had to part our ways. So lets just get behind the TEAM we support and that includes all players, coaches and staff because if we as fans don't beleive in Blackburn Rovers then how can they??????

Is this the story that people have been referring to in previous posts?

http://msn.football365.com/story/0,17033,1...3913909,00.html

My Dad said before we appointed ince that some of his friends have met Paul Ince previously and really disliked him, claiming hes an arrogant man who speaks down to everyone. I thought it was just rubbish but sounds more true every day.

Paul Ince is so obnoxious that even Sir Alex Ferguson couldn't stand him. Ferguson had the guts to kick him out of Manchester United, I doubt that John Williams has the backbone to kick him out of Blackburn Rovers. The man is a jellyfish.

Williams has made a grave mistake and should be held responsible for creating the turmoil that the club now finds itself in. Such conduct is an absolute disgrace. Jack Walker will be spinning in his grave. :angry2:

Paul Ince is so obnoxious that even Sir Alex Ferguson couldn't stand him. Ferguson had the guts to kick him out of Manchester United, I doubt that John Williams has the backbone to kick him out of Blackburn Rovers. The man is a jellyfish.

Williams has made a grave mistake and should be held responsible for creating the turmoil that the club now finds itself in. Such conduct is an absolute disgrace. Jack Walker will be spinning in his grave. :angry2:

And all this is before the season has even started.

It does not bode well :(

What a cheery soul you are Frisky..so when Ince is a fantastic success you'll give ALL the credit to your nemisis will you?

Have a nice day! Don't forget your medication tonight.

Can we have an embargo on the word 'turmoil'? It's been used in at least 3 different threads. Seems to be it's just one of them words the journos like to use and is bit melodramatic to say the least.

If we were in administration, maybe it would be more fitting.

As it is, we've had rumours, a very vague & biased article, rumblings amongst the pitchforkers, a dodgy second half performance at Wolves, and a game nobody has seen other than a result.

I won't list what I consider the positives are as nobody seems interested in them!

I cannot see how there is anything positive at all about the start we have made. My biggest worry is the backroom staff that Ince has appointed, Ray Mathias should be nowhere near a Premier League training pitch, surely everybody must see that? Can anyone really expect Santa Cruz or Benni McArthy to have any respect for him when they have worked under Hughes, Mourinho, Hitzfeld etc? VERY GOOD POINT. I THINK WE NEED TO REVIEW THE MATHIAS APPOINTMENT.

To think we have missed the boat on Michael Laudrup is really disappointing, even if he had stayed for just one year our profile would have continued to get better and better and we could have got a real reputation as a place for Europe's top young managers to come and work. All the signs are that Ince is NOT one of those, just a 4th Division manager. WE SHOULD GIVE iNCE UNTIL END OF OCTOBER AND THEN REVIEW.

Others have argued that Ince's terrible interviews are not important, I am sure that if he continues to talk like that on TV then we are going to become an absolute laughing stock. AGREED. HELP/TRAINING NEEDED HERE.

Ince obviously wants to sign Robbie Fowler which I think just about says it all. We look to be in real trouble, I hope JW will have the balls to make a quick decision if things really do unravel because if the start of the season is bad then I have no faith in Ince turning it round.GET RID NOW!

The sad thing is that if we do sack Ince then we are going to have to resort to Fat Sam etc when we could have had Michael Laudrup in over the summer...IF INCE HAS TO GO AT END OF OCT, THEN BFS MAY BE THE BEST SOLUTION AS A TEMP MEASURE TO STOP US GETTING RELEGATED.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l-bit-year.html

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere but i get the feeling the Daily Mails view of Paul Ince is somewhat personal!

The knives are definitely out for the poor bugger!

Good god.

I did wonder if there was something a little more to the article I read this morning, especially with it being in the Mail - That's a shocker, and completely uncalled for.

Hopefully though, it may unite the troops and work in our favour?

Good god.

I did wonder if there was something a little more to the article I read this morning, especially with it being in the Mail - That's a shocker, and completely uncalled for.

Hopefully though, it may unite the troops and work in our favour?

I think the troops are revolting!

I know pre season hasn't gone to plan so far but I think Ince is just trying out different formations etc. I would have said playing three strikers, like we did against Blackpool (if I remember correctly) would mean the midfield is too weak and therefore the defence would suffer (losing 4 goals). I haven't seen many people saying play three strikers in the formations thread. Therefore I am not worried. I think Ince was just using a friendly to see how it looked. He got his answer.

As for Wolves, didn't we play lots of players out of position? Reid at right back etc. I think in this game Ince was just looking at the players who are likely to be subs, eg Zurab, and seeing how people look in different positions.

For me, now isn't the time to judge Ince. I'll give him one season to find his feet (unless we are in a relegation scrap, then it might have to be addressed sooner) and then judge him the season after.

I know pre season hasn't gone to plan so far but I think Ince is just trying out different formations etc. I would have said playing three strikers, like we did against Blackpool (if I remember correctly) would mean the midfield is too weak and therefore the defence would suffer (losing 4 goals). I haven't seen many people saying play three strikers in the formations thread. Therefore I am not worried. I think Ince was just using a friendly to see how it looked. He got his answer.

As for Wolves, didn't we play lots of players out of position? Reid at right back etc. I think in this game Ince was just looking at the players who are likely to be subs, eg Zurab, and seeing how people look in different positions.

For me, now isn't the time to judge Ince. I'll give him one season to find his feet (unless we are in a relegation scrap, then it might have to be addressed sooner) and then judge him the season after.

Thank god! the cavalry

I can just about understand the board wanting to employ Ince, but allowing him to bring in his League Two backroom staff and old-mate Fowler is shocking.

I'm actually quite impressed by his signings, he's obviously got something about him in that department...but that's pointless if he can't train/motivate/inspire/organise a team.

Again two very good points. We really need JW to step in now and have a few quiet words in Ince's shell-like, along the lines of "this really wont do" (or words to that effect). Including giving him a short time-scale to get it completely sorted and turned around, and including also Ince doing a critical review of his coaching staff and their effect on the players. In other words .....put him on a warning.

Again two very good points. We really need JW to step in now and have a few quiet words in Ince's shell-like, along the lines of "this really wont do" (or words to that effect). Including giving him a short time-scale to get it completely sorted and turned around, and including also Ince doing a critical review of his coaching staff and their effect on the players. In other words .....put him on a warning.

[/quote

I get the impression JW has been doing a lot of hand holding already.

By the way, what a hell of a summer for JW. Players leaving like a bolt out of the blue (Brad), manager obviously going, new manger in, backroom team, Steele going, Chile third party 'issues' with the Pineapple signing....

I thought I remembered you! It's Vinjay isn't it?

Are you on school holidays?

Archived