BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

but I'm just annoyed that he let Sparky leave without fighting to keep him. How on earth can we progress if we let our prized assets leave so easily? How on earth can you know what he did, or didn't do, to keep Hughes? Be realistic man! 2 Things - Hughes wanted to go, & it would have been counter productive to keep against his will (if at all possible). The problem with your type of critique is you want your cake and eat it; you'd moan equally vociferously if exactly what you say should have happened did, and it went pear-shaped!!

Also, I had a hunch that something was amiss when the early-bird scheme TRIPE - COMPLETE AND UTTER. Bet you didn't say same thing previous season? Standard marketing ploy, pure & simple. Go read 'Popular mechanics', or visit the grassy knoll in Dallas if you want a conspiracy.

2. A man with a clear determination of fulfilling Jack Walker's demandment of Blackburn Rovers being a top-six club...... We are basically a club in limbo until someone takes it over. Whether John Williams remains at he club after a takeover remains to be seen, but I don't think he will........ THIS IS COMEDY GOLD! Jack's legacy was of another day, you're beholding of the past to set the future direction of the club?

I think a fresh approach, providing the trustees sell to the right person/consortium, will be good for the club. I'm loving your style - it"s clear what you want, but equally you want the safety valve of retaining the right to criticise that if it goes wrong. Best of both worlds? Be careful what you wish for......

If this season is a rip-roaring success, I shall give credit to Williams for making a tremendous appointment. Very much doubt you would, i'd suggest your capacity for finding wack job cod justifications to suit your skewed mindset is unbounded.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting viewpoint, shouldnt some of the criticism be leveled at the trustees first and foremost. What about the Illuminati too? Think you're overstretching the point here, they don't run the club do they? Certainly not to the extent you're suggesting criticism for the sake of it. That's like blaming a Swiss bank for the state of the UK government

That's not to say the JWTs don't have any say in the direction of the club, just as not as much of the running of the club as you're suggesting. Would be interesting to see what is the breakdown of your criticism in % terms, apportioned accordingly? That is, how much should be levelled at the JWT in your view? How much at Williams? How much at Ince? How much at Mattias, he seems to be the Lee Harvey Oswald in a lot of the pitchforkers minds. However, I suggest it would run to more than 100! Go on, you may find it an interesting exercise & quite cathartic..

Good point - though the trustees have invested £40 million since Jack Walker died. Could they have done more? Could John Williams have asked for more money to back Mark Hughes with? Maybe he did do that but was turned down. I guess we will never know, but fair play to him if he did.

Touche - equally good point Jim, better than your previous post IMO. Looking at your signature, I'm guessing - though feel free to expand on the 'nepotism' - you feel a degree of unhappiness with the non-football running of the club that probably stretches previous (and possibly past) the Ince tenancy?

DingleBaiter- you have made a good point on another thread that the club has spun well in the last 24 hours well.

There is nothing wrong in good quality spinning and it shows the club is alive to what is going on in the world outside Ewood and Brockhall and reacting strongly and sensitively to it.

Hopefully the beleaguered new management team realise and appreciate the support they are getting and up their game. With a bit of luck it will generate a positive "we're all in this together" mentality and all of Rovers come out the stronger.

DingleBaiter- you have made a good point on another thread that the club has spun well in the last 24 hours well.

There is nothing wrong in good quality spinning and it shows the club is alive to what is going on in the world outside Ewood and Brockhall and reacting strongly and sensitively to it.

Hopefully the beleaguered new management team realise and appreciate the support they are getting and up their game. With a bit of luck it will generate a positive "we're all in this together" mentality and all of Rovers come out the stronger.

All they need now is ONE good signing to show a statement of intent to the supporters instead of this scrambling around in the freebie cheap market, somehow philipl i dont think its going to happen do you?

Ha ha- If you make signings to meet a PR timetable, relegation is an absolute certainty.

That is the one thing you do not do to meet the needs of the media or assuage the anxieties of fans.

Having the likes of Annan on trial is a big coup in itself. Rovers have the cash but I won't say NO to signing another as good as Roque for £3.5m or Nelsen on a free.

I think Ince is wise to take his time...........Hughes used the trial system extensively too. Most of the players linked with us, or on trial, have been impressive I think. I can't remember this much action in previous seasons.

Theres an interesting comment from Ince in that Tugay article and might give an insight into the type of formation or style of football we might play:

"It depends on what formation I want to play, there'll be formations where I'll have Tugay sitting there with two in front, but it depends on what team we are playing against."

Wait...we're going to change our formation based on the team that we are playing against. What would Hughes say?!?!? We only reserved that kind of treatment for United.

:lol:

I'd like to see us have the ability to change formation either home or away or during a match, thought that depends on the players we have at our disposal.

Wait...we're going to change our formation based on the team that we are playing against. What would Hughes say?!?!? We only reserved that kind of treatment for United.

The man's a clown! No idea what he's doing. Why isn't that jellyfish JW ordering him to keep the same formation until we play United.

Exactly, I must say I too supportted one of the other candidates from the off, and I was dissappointted when ince was announced, but they may have had something to do with my £20.00 bet at 40/1 on the other guy. Given that I took sometime to get my head round it, I have re-assesed and come to the fact that I as a fan cannot change it. PAUL INCE is our manager, he is a Rover now, we must allow him to get on with his job. He doesn't want to fail, he can't afford to fail, he will give his all to prove everyone wrong, just as he did on the pitch.

When I get asked what club I support I always respond with pride Blackburn Rovers, people snigger, look at me with blank expressions as if to say who rovers. We as a club over the last few years have been slatted in the press, branded bully boys and thugs who don't play, we kick. It continues now, with such articles as those in the Daily mail, telling us with such flambous Verv that a muntiny is at hand, we should ready the plank. A player who showed obvious public disregard for the coach, was publicly made to do 20 push ups, sack the coach now, come on.

When I was at school, as we all did I mucked around in class, did the teacher take me out side as to not embarass me in front of my peers, no. You have to realise 20 push ups is hardly public humiliation, its not as if he gave him the hair dryer in front of peers, put it into context. I've seen coaches with excellent reputations call players all the names under the sun in front of other players, it was hardly the same. Then for reading that superb article, quoting a senior player "we are now Bounty Rovers" it state's no names, no real facts its all speculation. We as a club rarely get the praise we deserve, we never have, we never will, but in the past every one of us defended our club to the hilt, because we knew it was not true. Even if this supposed truth that everyone has jumped in fact that, why is our laundry being washed in public. The player concerned, should be fined the max, and sold to the highest bidder. If its just a player kicking up after he's left, good riddance, and I pity your new boss. It is idle gossip, nothing more and yet we are taking it as fact. I personally judge on what I know to be fact and ignore what others say, I make my own decisions, I do not allow others to sway them with idle chit chat. People should be judged on what they do, actions speak louder than words.

Paul Ince had a hard act to follow, hughes raised the bar, now Ince must keep it there. It will not be easy, it wasn't easy with Hughes. Everyone wants to kick us as a club, we can't start kicking ourselves. Judge the man on what he does nothing else, we can voice are dissaproval if it goes wrong and we are in trouble. Ince's job will be made all the more diffacult without our support, lets see where we are after 10 games, and go from there. Lets go back 20 odd years I remember hearing fans of a certain football club calling for the head of their new scottish manager, senior players where not happy, with all the training, imagine if they had given in to the fans & players demands.

All the disent and doom mongering on here, is unjustified and based on idle gossip, the papers are beginning to find another reason to slate our club, it should galvanise us. Voice your opinions, we have very right but voice them on fact not fiction, judge him on what he achieves not because you disagree. Eddies post states facts, things we know are true, read them its not all bad.

It is about time people started backing the boss, this is blackburn rovers after all, it is our club, we support them with pride and like I have said previously how can we expect the team and its new coaching staff to beleive in themselves if we are slating them already, wow we lost 4-2 to wolves and lost to blackpool, buit does anybody remember that we beat benfica 3-2? the fact they had names like Aimar playing and that they were a team that had beaten liverpool and man utd in previous seasons. Ince is trying to look at all his players, decided who and what he needs to bring in, is there a problem with that, for me no, because I would rather he took his time to get things right than to rush into things head first and get us relegated!!!

Its just a re-run of the mail story, its about as real as Anakin Skywalker. Its probably just a story from a player prob ex, who was made to do 20 push-ups.

The sort of thing that appears when someone new comes in, imagine the stories when Fergie finally retires and the players enter a new regime.

Nobody likes change, nobody likes change in their day to day job or new job, but that is life and bringing fresh ideas in is a bloody good thing. As much as the anti-Ince brigade resent this, its a change from Hughes tactics.

Looks like Ince has come out with praise for Tugay today and reckons he will play a role:

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/New...1359231,00.html

More out of touch comments from Paul Ince, maybe Ince should have been in charge of the masters team instead of the first team, when will he realise its HIS job to improve the first teams fortunes, now or when its too late ?

More out of touch comments from Paul Ince, maybe Ince should have been in charge of the masters team instead of the first team, when will he realise its HIS job to improve the first teams fortunes, now or when its too late ?

why out of touch?

i think he's saying exactly what hughes was.... that he will be used sparingly and can really help the youngsters in the club

how is that out of touch?

and don't you think he's trying to improve the squad? it's not like we're not being linked with anyone is it!

did you hear kenwright this morning? Everton finished 5th and are having major problems signing people....

when will people step out of their rovers bubble and look at the bigger picture?

why out of touch?

i think he's saying exactly what hughes was.... that he will be used sparingly and can really help the youngsters in the club

how is that out of touch?

and don't you think he's trying to improve the squad? it's not like we're not being linked with anyone is it!

did you hear kenwright this morning? Everton finished 5th and are having major problems signing people....

when will people step out of their rovers bubble and look at the bigger picture?

So Mokoena is a good centre half.

Robbie Fowler just needs to rediscover his fitness after four years of struggle.

Tugay although past it has a role to play.

Dunn vice captain.

All this says to me, Guess who am I, a fourth division manager star struck.

Robbie Fowler just needs to rediscover his fitness after four years of struggle.

Dunn vice captain.

and you will be saying ince is a top manager when he has a very good 1st season at Rovers no doubt!!!

Dunn vice captain.

Sometimes you say things that you don't necessarily mean fully. Propaganda. Keeps the players happy and lifts morale. Sign of a good motivator with good man management skills. He's learning.

This has to go down as one of the most stressful pre-seasons in many years. Desertions by Hughesy, Brad and Bentley was followed by the appointment of Ince which has certainly polarised opinion on this board. Backroom staff who have been described as Dad`s Army and only knowing the rudiments of basic PE training. The signing of Robinson and the trial of Fowler. The preseason results and the endless griping from some people on here who can find nothing positive to say............

However, I for one am suddenly feeling quite optimistic brought on by the direction that Ince seems to be heading in and that his signings and targets are young talented flair players who could bring us some much needed entertainment down at Ewood. Last season to be honest was not the best in many games and maybe an overhaul of the playing staff was needed. This Ince seems to be addressing.

Archived