BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

Lets turn that around:

Who offered Tugay a one year contract- Hughes.

Who signed Aaron and kept playing in for the last 3 years- Hughes.

Who purchased Dunn- then played him in a far more defensive role- Hughes.

Hughes did the above yet you blame Ince for trying to make the situation workable!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Mokoena is a good centre half.

Robbie Fowler just needs to rediscover his fitness after four years of struggle.

Tugay although past it has a role to play.

Dunn vice captain.

All this says to me, Guess who am I, a fourth division manager star struck.

As your posts always say to me, I wonder where this fella's axe is? He needs to grind it more. No, check that, he needs to have six axe stands, and a bucket under each arm to catch the chips that fall from his shoulders. :rolleyes:

and you will be saying ince is a top manager when he has a very good 1st season at Rovers no doubt!!!

If all those lads previously mentioned are playing it aint going to be a very good season, but if his new signings are exceptional, then Ince will have every chance, but I still dont see who the top quality central midfielder is who Rovers desperately need.

Lets turn that around:

Hughes did the above yet you blame Ince for trying to make the situation workable!

True, i'm one who definitely thought Hughes had run his course at Rovers,I think I started to fall out with Hughes early into last season but then the team seemed to redeem themselves late on and almost qualified for Europe which sort of tainted any early criticism of Hughes.

Just need to get Ince upto speed that little bit quicker.

I've read just this:

Link

Given that Ince has been in the lower reaches for the last 18 months, could it be he may have found one or two youngsters who he thinks have a chance of making it in the Prem? He must have been quite clued up on the players from league one and two, maybe there are some lower league gems to be had?

I have to say I'm impressed with age's of the players coming in, its so much better to have a good blend of young and old players, perhaps some of their enthusiaum and hunger will help spur us on!

Expect Roque to move on. If not now then in january:

http://msn.football365.com/story/0,17033,1...3913909,00.html

A horrible horrendous season is coming up for the rovers. Brace yourselves folks. this could be the end...

Nayef - Thats a re-hash of the Daily Mails attempt a few days ago (5/8)

clickme to see

Here is the follow up to this.. (I know someone has posted this already)

Clickety click

Expect Roque to move on. If not now then in january:

http://msn.football365.com/story/0,17033,1...3913909,00.html

A horrible horrendous season is coming up for the rovers. Brace yourselves folks. this could be the end...

Football 365 is a lazy website with nothing better to do than report on the big four, unless they get a whiff of a negative story about a smaller club and, even then, it's just a rehash. There are more positive stories around, such as Annan's.

Lets turn that around:

Yap... Had to say I agreed. I guess we all judge too fast about Ince. Give him some time before we pass down the verdit. Don't forget get it take Fergie 20 year to mould a today Man U.

Have to say, I am very impressed with the signings Ince has made so far (I am including Annan in this).

I completely agree with you on this one John, I've been quietly impressed by the types of player coming into Ewood this summer - if McCarthy moves on and a suitable striker and right winger, and possibly another right/centre back are found then I think we're in a much stronger position than last season.

I agree that Simpson, Villanueva and Annan (hopefully) all look to be excellent young additions and we could not have done better in the way Brad was replaced.

But Bentley leaves a hole which means we are very unlikely to be stronger and there are dangers (Roque) still ahead in this window. Every day that goes by without a bid for RSC is a huge bonus.

I agree that Simpson, Villanueva and Annan (hopefully) all look to be excellent young additions and we could not have done better in the way Brad was replaced.

But Bentley leaves a hole which means we are very unlikely to be stronger and there are dangers (Roque) still ahead in this window. Every day that goes by without a bid for RSC is a huge bonus.

Lose Cruz now would mean we'd be right amongst the teams fighting relegation what a startling change that would be for Paul Inces premiership baptism.

The big worry for me is that with one week to go before the kick off we are significantly weaker than when we finished in May.

I'm not sure Ince has enough time before the Everton game to rescue the situation.

Fair enough we have lost Bentley, but thats not down to Ince. We have plenty of time before the window closes to get some players in. Its not an easy task making the step up he has, but given Hughes strip mined blackburn when he left, Ince has had to act fast. Even if the unthinkable happens at Tesco FC we still have 37 more victories to look forward too.

Why on earth are we battling it out with west brom and stoke for transfer targets. Ince seems to have an extremely low ambition when it comes to transfers.

Its only paper talk, I'd be surprised if it was him TBH. Don't forget we've made a lot of dollar this window and so will be linked to every player possible by agents and clubs.

Archived