BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

Everyone I speak to seems to think we are in for a really tough season. Lot of Ince bashing as well (I have been trying to defend him but its difficult).

Lets hope Ince keeps up his habit of proving people wrong.

Don't worry we'll struggle till xmas till everyone realises what a sham of a manager Ince. Knox is just as past it, Bolton players didn't rate him at all, as for Ince no.2 not even worth a mention, he's meaningless.

I reckon JW and the board have a bad feeling too hence they're holding back money and turning there backs on transfers right at the last minute,

Just look at team today, ok we have a couple of injurys but thats what happens, That team would struggle to beat anyone in the premiership

We're doomed.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T4E - I was similar to you a few weeks back, but I think we need to give him a chance (judge him after a few league games).

Have to admit, I have serious doubts, but thinking about it too much just depresses me.

The point I was making was that you seemed to be suggesting that Rovers had done everything right and yet still some people weren't satisfied. The facts are that couldn't be much further from the truth.

Mate I've never said we've made all the right moves, your putting words in my mouth. What I'm saying is we have to accept that he is here, he's not gonna get sacked unless things go tits up. He needs our support, whether you believe in him or not. If he's no good and we're struggling then we start talking not before, yes pre-season has gone well buts lets put it to one side, acknowledge that he's walked into a diffacult situation, and is doing what he can. judge him on real results, not meaningless friendlies.

If we all scream for his head we just add more pressure, can you imagine what he would think if we all start chanting Ince out after his first few games.

If we all scream for his head we just add more pressure, can you imagine what he would think if we all start chanting Ince out after his first few games.

He might think "I'm ######" and do the decent thing and resign. Which would be great for us (although it would have been better if we got someone good when we were in a position of strength a few weeks ago, Laudrup won't be interested now.)

To be fair on paul ince in the transfer market he hasnt really done anything bad. Villanueva looks a real talent and robinson will come good. other than that nothing else is concrete, all just reports.

Remember when hughes was linked to tonge. if he had of came it would hardly be a resounding transfer coup. i think people are juding him because he was a league 2 manager. lets look at our pre season record. out of interest.

macclesfield - won 2-1

hoffenheim - lost 3 - 1

benfica - won 3 - 2

lisbon - lost 2 - 1

wolves - lost 4 - 2

bred - drew 1 - 1

Not amazing but we have scored in every game and beat arguably the best team out of the lot in Benfica. yeah we have conceded alot of goals but the back four have been chopped and changed in each game. we know that it will most likely be nelson and samba at the back when it matters who are both composed.

he has given the youngers a chance in all of our games.

managers need time to influence all of their changes. give him time.

To be fair on paul ince in the transfer market he hasnt really done anything bad. Villanueva looks a real talent and robinson will come good. other than that nothing else is concrete, all just reports.

Remember when hughes was linked to tonge. if he had of came it would hardly be a resounding transfer coup. i think people are juding him because he was a league 2 manager. lets look at our pre season record. out of interest.

macclesfield - won 2-1

hoffenheim - lost 3 - 1

benfica - won 3 - 2

lisbon - lost 2 - 1

wolves - lost 4 - 2

bred - drew 1 - 1

Not amazing but we have scored in every game and beat arguably the best team out of the lot in Benfica. yeah we have conceded alot of goals but the back four have been chopped and changed in each game. we know that it will most likely be nelson and samba at the back when it matters who are both composed.

he has given the youngers a chance in all of our games.

managers need time to influence all of their changes. give him time.

think your missing 4-2 to blackpool behind closed doors

Depending on your point of view on Ince we have to persist with him, and give him more time.

Looking at the whole scenario, from when MH left with the whole of the back room staff.

Ince has one hell of a task on his shoulders, more so than when MH joined IMO.

He was 3-4 weeks in and still did not have all the back room staff, with the transfer window looming, and all the speculation as we now know.

Probably very little knowledge of transfer targets needed for the system he wanted to adopt.

If any where left over from MH reign, (Annan) maybe they just don't work for him.

I'm going to discount Bentley & Friedel, as they IMO where out of his control.

Rite or wrong, he seems to be showing caution before splashing the cash.

Simpson & Villanauva, lot's of potential, and not broke the bank.

Lots of other trialist but not good enough for Ince, he's the man, (would you buy a mini when what you really need is a cooper s)

IMO one thing is for sure, if we call for his head now, we are in big trouble, by the time we appoint someone, if there is anyone out there at the moment,(BFS NO THANKS) he would have to go with what Ince has now until January.

So it's Ince until xmas.

Prey to god he dosen't do a B Kidd.

Good grief! You call those two points 'concrete'?!!? :rolleyes::lol:

There are NO guarantees of either being true.

I've never known people to pay so much attention to friendlies when a new manager has taken over.

Ince doesn't have the luxury of knowing his best team or which of them suit which system. There has been a lot of chop and change in all of the games allowing him to look at a variety of players in a number of positions.

Other managers at the moment will know 90% of their starting eleven because they have managed them before and will only be changing it around in a few areas.

There hasn't been one game in which Ince has fielded what we would call his strongest team so get off his back, give the guy a chance and lets see what happens when the competitive games kick in.

If Blackburn don't perform in the new season then I'll be with you in calling for his head but at the moment he has done nothing and has my full 100% support.

Off the field in the transfer market I don't see what he has done that is so wrong.

Friedel - He moved for money and nobody could predict that, he said himself he wanted him to stay, I'm sure he wasn't allowed to keep a 37 year old goalkeeper when we recieved a substantial bid.

Bentley - He was always going before Ince took over and did well to get a decent price for him.

Villanueva - Everyone on this board seems to agree that he is an exciting prospect.

Robinson - He has struggled at times but there is no doubt that he can be a top keeper and still has his best years ahead of him. I still haven't been given an answer of who else we could have got in for that price with the same level of ability and with around 8 years premiership experience, 6 1/2 of which he's been fantastic.

Castillo/Annan - He got them both in on trial for around a week and had a good look at them and decided they were not worth the money. While the fans have seen 5 minutes of them on youtube performing in sub standard leagues and for some reason think they are the answer to our problems.

Fowler - Ok I'll give you him to a point (Although I must admit I am a Fowler fan) he perhaps hasn't been premiership class and maybe we shouldn't be looking to sign him, but on the other side of that he's been here around 6 weeks and Ince still hasn't handed him a contract just for the fun of it. Derbyshire has been quoted that he is learning from Fowler too.

So what's the big problem with Ince?

You've made 63 posts on this thread - nearly twice as many as anyone else. All of them have made the same point. We get it.

I'm not exactly overjoyed about the appointment of Ince, nor the events that happened since he was appointed, but I am prepared to give him time and see how the team performs before I write him off. Why don't you just do the same and then, if it all goes t1ts up, you can come back and tell us how right you were all along. Until then, give it a rest for Christ's sake.

There's an easier solution for you than that scotty....... just stop griping and put me on ignore.

Castillo/Annan - He got them both in on trial for around a week and had a good look at them and decided they were not worth the money. While the fans have seen 5 minutes of them on youtube performing in sub standard leagues and for some reason think they are the answer to our problems.

Castillo...fair enough.

But if Wenger decides Annan is worth the money then that for me is enough proof - Ince will have made a HUGE mistake by insulting him with a loan offer.

Castillo...fair enough.

But if Wenger decides Annan is worth the money then that for me is enough proof - Ince will have made a HUGE mistake by insulting him with a loan offer.

Arsenal haven't made any offers for him though, and like a couple of people have said, they can afford to take a gamble, they'll make his transfer back with one home game, to us its a lot to splash out on an unknown player. I myself was excited about Annan due to all the hype and speculation but I've never seen him play, Ince has seen him for nearly week.

Plus from the reports Arsenal want to take him on trial but can't due to his contract, so there obviously not positive, if they do go in for him then they'll be taking a gamble themselves.

Wenger is great at spotting talent but for every Fabregas there's a Jeffers.

Wenger is great at spotting talent but for every Fabregas there's a Jeffers.

I sincerely doubt his success to failure ratio is anywhere near that. Jeffers was an extremely rare example of him judging a young player wrongly.

£1.5 million is peanuts nowadays, I completely disagree that we can't be paying that for someone who is a regular international. We've even paid more than that in recent history on players no more proven than Annan (Pedersen and Reid being good examples). By that logic we can only sign established players for money, or else we have to use loan deals...in which case we will be royally screwed.

I sincerely doubt his success to failure ratio is anywhere near that. Jeffers was an extremely rare example of him judging a young player wrongly.

£1.5 million is peanuts nowadays, I completely disagree that we can't be paying that for someone who is a regular international. We've even paid more than that in recent history on players no more proven than Annan (Pedersen and Reid being good examples). By that logic we can only sign established players for money, or else we have to use loan deals...in which case we will be royally screwed.

Yeh I'll agree with you, its probably not a 1:1 ratio but there if Jeffers, Richard Wright, Stepanovs, Cygan, Aliadiare to some extent among others I'm sure.

I'm not sure if I would count 4 or so years ago as recent history, wasn't Pedersen only about 1.5m anyway? Reid wasn't so unproven, he had been around longer than Annan and playing in the championship which is a higher standard than the norweigen one.

1.5 is a figure that's been throw around a bit, but his club apparantley need money and want to start a bit of a bidding war, when you take into account a signing on fee and wages then it's probably closer to 2.5 million altogether.

If it was up to me I'd probably take the gamble, but its not and 2 million or whatever it might be is still a gamble.

In all honesty nobody knows what's going to happen with him, we might either go back in for him and buy him anyway which hasn't been ruled out or he might go to Arsenal and be a total flop.

Fingers crossed he doesn't go to Arsenal and become the next Essien!

Let's appoint a Director of Football and take transfer responsibilities away from Ince.

Lets just employ someone with more of an idea, the board have made a huge mistake they have to hold their hands up and change it, how much will it cost Rovers to sack Ince now.

The current masterplan seems to be to keep as many people away from Ewood park as is possible, i've never known more down beat worrying times when a new manager has come into the Ewood hotseat than at this moment in time.

Fowler, Andrews, Zigic.

I know I've tried to stick up for Ince but these are not players you'd want in your side if you were facing a Championship relegation battle- never mind a team that ought to be kicking on for a UEFA place.

Lets just employ someone with more of an idea, the board have made a huge mistake they have to hold their hands up and change it, how much will it cost Rovers to sack Ince now.

The current masterplan seems to be to keep as many people away from Ewood park as is possible, i've never known more down beat worrying times when a new manager has come into the Ewood hotseat than at this moment in time.

If we do not sack this man immediately, before he can sign the likes of Andrews and Fowler, we are going to be relegated. I have never felt so uttterly despondant going into a new season. How I wish I had not bought a season ticket so early.

I was not too disappointed when Hughes left because I felt things had gone stale and the fact that he had modernised the club so much meant we could attract a high quality manager. We had the chance to build a reputation as one of the best clubs for quality young mangers to work and the appointment of Michael Laudrup (even if only for 1 or 2 years) would have been a major coup for our image and our team.

The guy we have appointed has already took us back at least four years and the reports coming from the training ground indicate we are now at the level we were in the times before Souness left. There are arguments that these are "teething problems" but there were none of these when MH was appointed because it was clear he was taking us forward. Knox was known to be past it at Bolton and Ray Mathias has clearly never had "it", they should be nowhere near our club.

We have signed a poor, overweight goalkeeper, have a has been on trial, have missed out on Annan, want Keith bloody Andrews and have a manager whose media persona is an absolute embarrassment and disgrace to BRFC. Please, Mr Williams admit your mistake and don't let this moron embarrass the fans or yourself any further, get Paul Ince and his 4th division friends out of this club. We are a small club, we need an intelligent modern manager to make the best of our resources.

Archived