BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

I must admit I have backed Ince so far.. but boy am I wavering in my support for him if any of the two we are linked sign.. Andrews and Zigic.. a straight tactical no..

What the monkeys happened to us needing a defensive midfielder.. or a right sided midfielder.. even our new RB is a loan signing..

I thought we would of spent at least a little of the money we where supposed to have.. but maybe the backup plan after the start Ince has had is to remove most of the transfer budget.. so we can get a new manager and still give him some play money.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we do not sack this man immediately, before he can sign the likes of Andrews and Fowler, we are going to be relegated. I have never felt so uttterly despondant going into a new season. How I wish I had not bought a season ticket so early.

I dont think we'll be relegated if Rovers ACT FAST, but its the longer term future of the club thats in serious doubt by signing donkeys like Fowler, Andrews and Zigic, these lads are just championship class at their very best not premiership level. Like philipl states.

I'd like to see the fans openly put John Williams on the spot now, I feel like I'm getting a two fingered gesture from the club at this moment in time especially with the transfer rumours that are doing the rounds.

I dont think we'll be relegated if Rovers ACT FAST, but its the longer term future of the club thats in serious doubt by signing donkeys like Fowler, Andrews and Zigic, these lads are just championship class at their very best not premiership level. Like philipl states.

I'd like to see the fans openly put John Williams on the spot now, I feel like I'm getting a two fingered gesture from the club at this moment in time especially with the transfer rumours that are doing the rounds.

Lie in a dark cupboard and recite the words in bold over and over again. Then open cupboard and step out with a firmer grip on reality :lol:

I wasn't an Ince backer and was disappointed when we appointed him, but I was prepared to wait and see what happens and give him some time.

My stance hasn’t changed though the decision to not go after Annan for a considerably cheap fee, looking to bring fowler in and going after Keith Andrews has increased the deep down belief that Ince may not be up the job.

What worries me the most at this moment in time if Roque. I keep saying to myself its fine Roque isn’t going anywhere, he is happy at the club and that Ince would stand firm because he can clearly see it would be a suicidal decision. But deep down I don’t know what is going to happen.

If Roque goes I don’t think I can support or back Ince at all… I know I am going to get some flack from my fellow fans but this is how I feel deep down.

Lie in a dark cupboard and recite the words in bold over and over again. Then open cupboard and step out with a firmer grip on reality :lol:

Should we doubt nicko on these rumours hes been pretty accurate so far would you not say, I accept they are rumours, and I live in the hope that they stay just that rumours. I

In fact I'm going to step into the dark cupboard and pray that these rumours dont come to fruition, in fact I think we should all pray that these rumours remain just that and we pray that we deliver Paul Ince from temptation...

Fowler, Andrews, Zigic.

I know I've tried to stick up for Ince but these are not players you'd want in your side if you were facing a Championship relegation battle- never mind a team that ought to be kicking on for a UEFA place.

Good grief.

I very much doubt Fowler will be signed, I've still seen nothing to suggest Ince is prepared to recommend we bid for Andrews, it seems a bloody long time since nicko assured it was a "done deal," and Zigic, well, again I very much doubt he'll end up at Ewood.

I wasn't an Ince backer and was disappointed when we appointed him, but I was prepared to wait and see what happens and give him some time.

My stance hasn’t changed though the decision to not go after Annan for a considerably cheap fee, looking to bring fowler in and going after Keith Andrews has increased the deep down belief that Ince may not be up the job.

What worries me the most at this moment in time if Roque. I keep saying to myself its fine Roque isn’t going anywhere, he is happy at the club and that Ince would stand firm because he can clearly see it would be a suicidal decision. But deep down I don’t know what is going to happen.

If Roque goes I don’t think I can support or back Ince at all… I know I am going to get some flack from my fellow fans but this is how I feel deep down.

Bang on base Ribble. I thought Ince was the pick of what was around at the time but he has done NOTHING to instil me with any confidence at all.

All of a sudden, we are acting like a club that's already been relegated ... selling Bentley, selling Freidel (even though it may have been good business). To even entertain an offer from a Villa or Citeh for Roque would be curtains. And then to bring in the likes of yesterday's man Fowler and Keith bloody Andrews, I'm afraid I have grave fears about this season.

God knows where the transfer kitty has gone. I hope Ince proves me wrong and I'll eat these words with a smile on my face but if it starts going pear-shaped, we need to act quickly or we're gone.

This off-season has all the rotten ingredients of a relegation scrap.

Good grief.

I very much doubt Fowler will be signed, I've still seen nothing to suggest Ince is prepared to recommend we bid for Andrews, it seems a bloody long time since nicko assured it was a "done deal," and Zigic, well, again I very much doubt he'll end up at Ewood.

Good grief, you completely agree with me- these are not players we want to see signed at Blackburn Rovers.

Lots of hope for the new season. Keith Andrews has been described as an all action midfield player with a superb engine, Ince has seen something in him which as a player and as a person has impressed him- lets back him.

I am looking forward to seeing Carlos in action and a rejuvinated MGP on the wing with RSC scoring another 20 goals! :rover:

Im starting to lose faith very quickly and it doesnt matter to me that its still pre-season.

Would anyone stick their head out right now and say its a bit of a critical point? Does anyone have any optimism, realistically for the season?

I have a great deal of optimism for the season. i'm looking forward to seeing a different style of play which might mean i'll actually enjoy watching the football on offer,

I'm surprised by the extent of the doom and gloom merchants on here. i'm surprised by the number of people who think paul ince can't spot a decent player. if annan came and wasn't good enough, then well done ince for not making a mistake just because of the hype. the new essien?don't make me laugh. he's absolutely nothing like essien, apart from the fact they share the same nationality. but don't let the facts get in the way of a good chance to moan and bitch.

hardly any clubs have made any significant signings yet. the transfer market is a bit strange.

but hey - lets have a moan because the 'easiest' story in the media to make is about knocking ince.

its during the hard times that you find out about your fellow players / workers. i'm just glad none of you lot play in my team, or work with me. the backstabbing and willing ince to fail is frankly crazy.

call yourself supporters? don't make me laugh. most of you want him to fail so you can prove your superior football knowledge.

i've been coming on this message board for about 9 years and i think it's time to stop bothering. you can all wallow in your own self pity

good luck paul ince - you have my full support.

If Annan wasnt good enough he wouldnt be offered a loan deal! It means he is good enough, but this offer him something then back-track and offer something less act is getting old soon.

And if Wenger picks him up then what?

Also, does anyone think that Keith Andrews is a better option than Annan, yet he hasnt been tracked by any team other than Blackburn Rovers?

Im starting to lose faith very quickly and it doesnt matter to me that its still pre-season.

Would anyone stick their head out right now and say its a bit of a critical point? Does anyone have any optimism, realistically for the season?

Hi Bobby........well I, for one, am still optimistic. We appointed Paul Ince to do a job and we have to back his judgement. The trouble is - we come to these boards and take in every bit of gossip as gospel. I think Ince has a clear idea of the type of players he wants for the type of football he intends to play. And I think he is being meticulous in his quest for the right players.

He comes to us with an impeccable CV.....can you find anyone who has worked with him who does not rate him? Of course, his achievements on the management side have been at a lower level but they were impressive nonetheless. We were brave enough to give him his big chance. I think it will pay off but there can be no guarantees.

I am really looking forward to next Saturday.

Annan was offered a loan deal so that we could see in competitive action whether or not Annan could hack the PL, we were not willing to pay £2 million pounds without it.

Andrews may or may not be better than Annan but will he suit the style and way Ince intends to play this year? I would say 'yes'

I think Andrews is only in the frame because Ince hasn't yet found the player he needs. This is probably a sad indictment of the players he already has too. If Ince does go for him, it is because he knows he can do a job and because he backs his own judgement. I am happy with that.

I think Andrews is only in the frame because Ince hasn't yet found the player he needs. This is probably a sad indictment of the players he already has too. If Ince does go for him, it is because he knows he can do a job and because he backs his own judgement. I am happy with that.

I have just gone to read the reports of the Leicester v MK Dons game yesterday. I have not seen Keith Andrews' name mentioned once either positively or negatively and the highest rating he received was a 6. Paul Dickov came on as a second half sub to a huge cheer from the 23,000 crowd by the way.

I know nothing about this Andrews bloke.

Just because a player is in the lower leagues and hasnt achieved a great deal in his playing career doesnt mean a great deal. If the manager is prepared to stick his neck out then he must know something we dont.

You have to respect, until proven otherwise the managers judgement.

I wonder what the supporters of Man City thought when Alison went out and bought Tony Book aged 31 from Plymouth or when Booby Gould bought Pearce from Wealdstone or West Brom supporters when their Ronnie Allen offered to pay out of his own pocket for Hayes striker Cyril Regis (our Roberts's uncle). There must be loads more if you started looking. Just think back at our own squad. Nelsen and Samba unknown until Hughes plucked them from Dallas and Berlin Reserves.

Heck is less of a gamble than paying £7million for Grabbi or Davies.

Footy's daft at times, but Ince IMO is being unfairly pre-judged, and people are clutching at straws to show their dislike without giving sound, incontrovertible criteria for their bias.

Firstly, the fact is - Rovers will clearly have to consolidate at best, after losing such a good manager (IMO the best we've had at any time in Prem) who brought an incredible improvement to all aspects Rovers - coaching, recruitment, perception, results, achievements etc. Maybe even (boo hiss) take steps backward, hopefully to take steps forward in the longer run. Only a fool would argue our present regime is an improvement now on what we had - if so, why didn't we recruit them & sack the Taffia?

Secondly, I don't feel the criticism levelled at Ince is fair, objective or subject to balanced scrutiny. I DO feel we're suffering from too much speculation, prejudice, twisted logic/arguments to suit other agendas, at the expense of sense. Take for instance the Annan thing, whatever the situation is the first principle here is that Ince didn't take him up after an second trial (albeit Ince's first view). Whatever may happen subsequently isn't the issue - is his agent saying Arsenal are interested, are Arsenal interested, would we be bothered if say Hull had come in for him? It matters not - Ince didn't fancy him, clearly - anything else happens with another club doesn't bother me (yet).

Thirdly, a lot (majority I would say) of the criticism levelled at Ince is based on rumour, interpretations and perceptions - often fuelled by stuff on here or other less/more accurate sources - sometimes to the detriment of the real issues. Is the team suffering for it? Are results going to go against us? Is he going to take us down? I'd suggest the only fair & reasonable way to judge Ince will ultimately be by competitive results & performances over a few months. IF Andrews came, was poor, or a squad player, yet we hit form, play well, bring kids through & the fans (fickle as they may be) laud Ince, then it's not a big issue IMO. If Andrews came in and was superb, all his detractors would never admit to being wrong, would they?

Look at the big picture, and wait & judge. I'm not wholly pro-Ince, but do feel he's getting a bad deal from some posters on here - which is their right of course - for several reasons. Maybe they wanted Sam, Dalglish back or whoever - but until things start getting really bad, untenable (which is what the support may end up if the pitchforkers on here get their way) then I'll judge it then. If Shearer had come in, and done exactly the same as Ince has in every single way, would he be getting the EXACT same amount of needle? I'd suggest not.

Hughes was in the Observer today BTW - double page spread - bigging up City. Clearly he's going to be spun more than he was here, but he was still majestic as a manager here. That said, despite my admiration of the job he did here, he still made mistakes and had a few weaknesses. Compare & contrast with Ince - his perceived weaknesses are people's main focus for criticism, rather than his strengths (which we may never appreciate, or see,if the pitchforkers had their way).

What I do find terrible - but prefer to find it laughable - is the criticism Ince faces that is unfounded other than by using tittle-tattle on here twisted to suit prejudices. What's he done so far that's so wrong, that wouldn't be forgot if we prove successful?

Please, let's have a fair debate about this, let's put some criteria down that's actually measurable, and then judge based on that. I'm sure that's how JW are looking at this, they've set targets, expectations, milestones etc. out I'm sure - even possibly have prepared a contingency plan if it don't work out. It's simply not sound logic to say that if we sign Andrews, that's proof Ince is crud.

For instance, people are suggesting if we don't sign Bentley's replacement that's a negative against Ince. So, if we went out and bought Pennant, and he didn't cut the mustard, would the same people then say 'well at least he signed someone, which is what we were going to hold against him if didn't, but at least he tried?'. Doubt it, chances are they would twist the argument to say Ince bought a pup and use it as another stick to beat him with.

Likewise Andrews - he really has been held up as the Antichrist hasn't he? Maybe Ince's predisposition towards him is a continuation of his backroom recruitment staff; clearly he needs people around him he knows & trusts, but this worked well for Souness and Hughes, no? Can't imagine many fans fawning over Sav coming in, but he did a job for us - until his injury, same difference isn't it?

Certain things - Friedel, Bentley, even if Roque goes - would always be negatives and no doubt another string to the pitchforkers, but surely they would have been just as damaging to Hughes if he'd stayed in the job? However, again - still don't feel the Ince detractors would complain so vociferously if this was the case.

Hi Bobby........well I, for one, am still optimistic. We appointed Paul Ince to do a job and we have to back his judgement. The trouble is - we come to these boards and take in every bit of gossip as gospel. I think Ince has a clear idea of the type of players he wants for the type of football he intends to play. And I think he is being meticulous in his quest for the right players.

He comes to us with an impeccable CV.....can you find anyone who has worked with him who does not rate him? Of course, his achievements on the management side have been at a lower level but they were impressive nonetheless. We were brave enough to give him his big chance. I think it will pay off but there can be no guarantees.

I am really looking forward to next Saturday.

What a really really good post. Absolutely spot on.

I'm a little concerned that either the club or the mananager are being overly cautious with the purse strings, but other than that I can't see too much of concern since Ince took over. It was always going to be a really difficult and awkward time once we managed to lose such a successful manager (and an entire backroom staff!) and any new man was always going to be on a hiding to nothing initially, don't care who it was - unless we'd appointed Mourinho.

Of course we won't know for certain until the real action kicks off, but I think everyone agreed last season that things were in need of a fairly serious shake up, and we certainly seem to be getting that. I like the feel of the younger lads getting their chance to impress, whether or not they are world beaters, there'll be less scope for more established players to sit back on the laurels.

The only other worrying thing is that unusually for me over the years, I am in agrement with Andy C as well!.

;)

Archived