BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know nothing about this Andrews bloke.

Just because a player is in the lower leagues and hasnt achieved a great deal in his playing career doesnt mean a great deal. If the manager is prepared to stick his neck out then he must know something we dont.

You have to respect, until proven otherwise the managers judgement.

I wonder what the supporters of Man City thought when Alison went out and bought Tony Book aged 31 from Plymouth or when Booby Gould bought Pearce from Wealdstone or West Brom supporters when their Ronnie Allen offered to pay out of his own pocket for Hayes striker Cyril Regis (our Roberts's uncle). There must be loads more if you started looking. Just think back at our own squad. Nelsen and Samba unknown until Hughes plucked them from Dallas and Berlin Reserves.

Heck is less of a gamble than paying £7million for Grabbi or Davies.

The only problem is that it doesn't sound like the fee will be what it should be. If we were paying under one million for Andrews I wouldn't have a problem, but if we are paying 2ish+ for a player who has failed at a higher level and is now going to get another chance, that just isn't right. There comes a time when you say "that deal just isn't worth the risk", for me MK Dons should have been told this ages ago. I'm hoping that this is duff information and to be quite frank all of the pieces don't quite add up. We get some info from norway, some info from the press here, some from MK Dons and some from nicko and it is impossible to paint a clear picture. Nicko has been wrong before, I hope that he is wrong now. We have to remember that his good sources told him that Andrews was a done deal about a month ago, now we'll see if the sources are wrong again. I'd still like to see Annan again. About four days ago I was excited, now I am a bit depressed, it is up to Rovers to get me back up and looking forward to the new season again. As it stands I don't think we've seriously addressed any of the problems that we had coming into the transfer window. If we manage to go through two transfer windows without serious changes being made then questions have to be asked about what direction this club is going in.

The thing is Ince is a unqualified manager from the lower divisions, who seems to be losing the respect of the supporters never mind the dressing room, I am not looking forward to the season kick off with any optimism.

Have you been in the dressing room or talked to any of the players or are you trusting blindely on the media circus?

The thing is Ince is a unqualified manager from the lower divisions, who seems to be losing the respect of the supporters never mind the dressing room, I am not looking forward to the season kick off with any optimism.

Let alone the dressing room, how do you know what the general supporters feel - and I'm not talking about the few dozen vocals on an internet website.

Went to the Wolves game and he seemed more interested in waving to their fans!

Heard via a friend who works on the sportsdesk at the Telegraph that he is very arrogant.

Apparantley he instructed Bentley to get down and give him 20 on day one!

Another rumour is that he is far more intense than Hughes, one high profile player is reported

to have said he can't play for him.

Obviously this is all hear say but I'm not that sure about him.

I didn't go to the Breda game but I hear Archie Knox was in the technical area whilst Ince sat back in the Directors box.

I've never really understood that approach, when George Graham used to do it I always felt he couldn't be arsed.

Nevertheless, his record speaks for itself, lets hope he continues to build on his successes.

Stop all the sniping and all the stupid rumours. Benley has gone - if he dd get told to get down and 20, the well played to Ince & Co.

Sitting in the stand is a good idea, you get a much better view of the pitch, you can see the lines that the strikers are playing, where the spaces are etc.

Obviously this is all hear say but I'm not that sure about him.

How do you know you're not sure about him, is there hearsay too? Have you actually any of your own opinions?

Seems to me you'd prefer the Illuminati in for the board, and David Icke as goalkeeping coach.

What's Elvis up to these days?

What did people do before the Internet for their tittle-tattle?

Please, don't let my cynical tones prevent you from posting in the future, it shows care in the community wasn't such a bad thing after all.

Went to the Wolves game and he seemed more interested in waving to their fans! - Oooh the bitch!

Heard via a friend who works on the sportsdesk at the Telegraph that he is very arrogant. - must be right then, game set and match the anti-Incers!

Apparantley he instructed Bentley to get down and give him 20 on day one! - sure he didn't ask him to get down and give him one on day 20?

Another rumour is that he is far more intense than Hughes, - John Williams seemed to have the opposite initial impression of Ince at the Fans Forum

one high profile player is reported to have said he can't play for him. If true, wonder who that could have been? :rolleyes:

Obviously this is all hear say but I'm not that sure about him. No, it all sounds pretty conclusive to me - let's string him up outside the Town Hall.

I didn't go to the Breda game but I hear Archie Knox was in the technical area whilst Ince sat back in the Directors box.

I've never really understood that approach, when George Graham used to do it I always felt he couldn't be arsed. - don't understand what people are complaining about here, I've always felt you get a far better view from higher up.

Nevertheless, his record speaks for itself, lets hope he continues to build on his successes. - correct, and amen to that.

Revidge, no offence but you are usually one of the most pessimistic and depressing posters on here, you usually don't like who we are signing (you were anti RSC if I remember rightly) so why are you so pro Paul Ince?

Without wishing to speak for Revidge as he's more than capable of doing so, my understanding of where he is coming from is that he wasn't over the moon with Ince joining, but he will certainly give him a fair crack of the whip before condemning him. I think that's a fair view and one I share and why it's become so frustrating reading so many posts demanding the manager is sacked before a ball is even kicked in anger. It's just ridiculous.

To be fair, I can understand why so many people are depressed.

We have lost our best manager for years. Also, two of our best players.

Plus the fact our new manager seems to be 'learning the ropes' and slightly underwhelmed that he is actually managing a Premiership team.

I could go on and mention the Folwer move, which makes us a laughing stock but cannot be bothered.

I have never felt less excited with a new season approaching.

RB was virtually on his own arguing for Ince to be appointed right from the start of the selection process- so of course he is backing his judgement.

RB is correct that we haven't actually signed any of the horrors nicko is saying we are linked with. Quite what his reaction to next Saturday's starting XI will be, I don't know:

Robinson, Simpson, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock, Emerton, Dunn, Andrews, Reid, MGP, Zigic; subs Brown, Ooijer, Zura, Judge, Kane, Fowler, Roberts (I am assuming the prognosis for RSC is sadly correct and he won't have recovered from his injury and Villanueva won't be ready either)

If Andrews is the only way that we seriously address our central midfield then I'm in the Ince out camp straight away. Simple as that.

Seconded.

Let's appoint a Director of Football and take transfer responsibilities away from Ince.

Not the worst suggestion.

RB was virtually on his own arguing for Ince to be appointed right from the start of the selection process- so of course he is backing his judgement.

Correct philip, thank you, and I may be looking at things through slightly tinted glasses for that reason but I've seen nothing yet to justify the excessive reactions on here.

We haven't kicked a ball in anger yet.

Reducing the backroom staff would probably be a better bet.

Mostly all appointed at the suggestion of the Club according to John Williams.

Give him time to get going ...........the season hasn't started yet :unsure:

:D

Very good bp.

It may be I'm joining Gordon in the lynch mob after 15 games but I'd far rather be buying him an "Ince 1 - You are my Cockney delight" Rovers strip!

XXXXL of course.

;)

Lets just give the bloke a chance. There where doubters when we appointed Hughes and his first season was about survival.

Ince hasnt done much wrong imo. If players dont want to play for us, then get rid.

With regards to bentley sulking cos he was asked to do press ups, is it not about time that some pampered stars do press ups in training.

This quote from Ince in The Times is simply appalling-

"We can’t seem to settle ourselves down because people want to unsettle us all the time and it’s not fair and it’s not right,” Ince said. “We are trying to build something here and it’s not going to happen overnight. We just need time to do it and we will do it. I’ve been in the game 20-odd years and I can deal with most things.

“If we lose the first five games of the season then, yes, you can have a go at me, but until then you have to give me a chance"

Let me translate:

1) I am the Manager but I am not in control, poor me.

2) I have forgotten I have walked into a club sitting 7th in the Premier League

3) I have a siege mentality

4) I expect it all to go completely wrong

5) I might get lucky

RSC's comment about the players trying to understand what is wanted is terrifying as well.

This is the article. And before anyone jumps to his defence, this guy is £1.5m a year Manager and Managers are not paid to come out with attrocious stuff that Ince has just come out with.

Sorry, I am terrified about what is happening at Rovers.

Sorry Philipl, I can't agree with that. No doubt he does feel under pressure with all the crap being written but how can you argue with this?

“If we lose the first five games of the season then, yes, you can have a go at me, but until then you have to give me a chance"

Sorry Philipl, I can't agree with that. No doubt he does feel under pressure with all the crap being written but how can you argue with this?

Well, its the same as the quip about getting relegated at his introductory news conference.

He is managing a sports team and the job of the manager of a sports team is to instil a winning mentality.

Quite simply, he should be ignoring all these jibes as Ince under pressure was a complete non-story outside of this messageboard and the pubs of Blackburn until he acknowledged it in the Times.

He should be pushing forwards positively. Having given that interview, the press are going to crucify him when he unveils a £2m fourth division player on Wednesday. Probably at the same time as other clubs are presenting the likes of Vagner Love, Thierry Henry, Kaboul, Colocinni and so on.

Archived