BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

That was a nervous quip nothing more. I came across a youtube of Hughes press conference on arriving at Man C.

He too was very nervous and was largely incoherent for parts of it.

Interviewing is not his strong point but I think (like most of us in similar circumstances) he will grow in confidence as his experience grows.

Unlike BFS and McLaren, Ince has a chance of taking us further. Sure he is a gamble.......but hey, just think if he could bring some of his MK Dons magic to Ewood. Now, that would be exciting.

We can dream can't we?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roque is saying "we are trying to understand what the new manager wants" indicating Ince is no more coherent with the team.

If he was saying "the Manager wants us to play a different way and we are trying to do it", I would be feeling a lot better.

I think you are being harsh. It is not clear from the quote that there is much difference between what he said and what you wished he had said. All the articles in which this quote appeared were making the point that Roque supports the new manager weren't they?

Why has my post been deleted it said pretty much the same a Philips post? (Edit: apologies it was another thread)

The comments Ince has made shows he has already lost control and has no confidence in himself. How can anybody take anything positive from those quotes?

All this bad mouthing and questioning of Ince is well and good..

I assume though that all those questioning the mans intelligence and morals are ecstatic that we washed our hands of a man stupid enough to believe that Chelsea would appoint him, and as a second choice decided to sevre links with a man who has treated him so well and always acted with integrity such as John Williams, to work under a Thai dictator, who also happens to be a futurtive.

Surely not the kind of metal capacity you want incharge of a top half Premier League team. Surely Hughes is worse than Big Sam, who was called all the names under the sun around here.

All this bad mouthing and questioning of Ince is well and good..

I assume though that all those questioning the mans intelligence and morals are ecstatic that we washed our hands of a man stupid enough to believe that Chelsea would appoint him, and as a second choice decided to sevre links with a man who has treated him so well and always acted with integrity such as John Williams, to work under a Tai dictator, who also happens to be a futurtive.

Surely not the kind of metal capacity you want incharge of a top half Premier League team. Sure Hughes is worse than Big Sam, who was called all the names under the son around here.

Spot on!

I think the interview, similar to the one in todays LT, shows a surprising naivety. Surely Ince must be aware after twenty years in the game that it's a dog eat dog world at the top. Any sign of weakness will be exploited by the opposition - in this case other Premier League clubs.

I am surprised that he has come out with this as he always struck me as someone up for a battle when he was a player. Pleading with other clubs to stop unsettling his players and pleading with the media to give him a chance is only going to make him an easy target for the media.

Maybe if he had gone on a few of the coaching courses and mixed with other managers and coaches at this level he might have had a better idea of Premier League management is all about. At the moment he just looks out of his depth on so many levels.

I think the interview, similar to the one in todays LT, shows a surprising naivety. Surely Ince must be aware after twenty years in the game that it's a dog eat dog world at the top. Any sign of weakness will be exploited by the opposition - in this case other Premier League clubs.

I am surprised that he has come out with this as he always struck me as someone up for a battle when he was a player. Pleading with other clubs to stop unsettling his players and pleading with the media to give him a chance is only going to make him an easy target for the media.

Maybe if he had gone on a few of the coaching courses and mixed with other managers and coaches at this level he might have had a better idea of Premier League management is all about. At the moment he just looks out of his depth on so many levels.

Exactly.

The only thing I disagree with you is when you say it's a surprise. I'd expect nothing better from this moron...

That was a nervous quip nothing more. I came across a youtube of Hughes press conference on arriving at Man C.

Interviewing is not his strong point but I think (like most of us in similar circumstances) he will grow in confidence as his experience grows.

Unlike BFS and McLaren, Ince has a chance of taking us further. Sure he is a gamble.......but hey, just think if he could bring some of his MK Dons magic to Ewood. Now, that would be exciting.

We can dream can't we?

What is his strong point?

Hes looking at bringing inferior players into the club!

Hes incoherent when communicating with his palyers i.e they dont understand him.

Hes done nothing to endere him to the fans, for me he seems very distant theres no ...we are going to do this, do that, blah, blah, blah, in an uplifting positive manner.

MK Dons magic ...are you having a laugh this is real with five days to go Rovers are seriously weaker than they were just four months ago.

Ince has his chance and hes not grasping that chance, as philipl and parson blue state he isnt showing any signs whatsoever of being up to the task ahead.

I notice the Paul Robinson article in the LT is by Andy Nield whom I believe has left the LT and now works for the Rovers' PR agency.

So it appears Rovers know they have to improve Ince's image and standing are sensibly doing something about it. Problem is, if you are doing PR, you sort out the message and stick to it. No doubt Paul Ince wandered off message in a stream of consciousness and that is what the Times reported, not the message the club and PR boys had worked out.

Perhaps would have been best to keep out of the national media at this stage.

He cannot even do some ball jugglin tricks to impress the press because sparky did that last year at Roque's unveiling.

Thats cos he'd written his script in anticipation of a press conference at Stamford Bridge. He'd know sweet FA about the lower reaches of his City squad.

Unlike BFS and McLaren, Ince has a chance of taking us further. Sure he is a gamble.......

And you describe Mark Hughes as 'incoherent'. :rolleyes:

Surely Hughes is worse than Big Sam, who was called all the names under the sun around here.

Proof of the pudding.

With every interview Ince makes me worry more and more.

The frustrating thing for me is there is nothing I can do to alter the situation. Sounds stupid I know.

The imminent signing of Andrews for a reported £2m is literally making me weep.

That was a nervous quip nothing more. I came across a you tube of Hughes press conference on arriving at Man C.

Unlike NFS and Clarine, Once has a chance of taking us further. Sure he is a gamble.......but hey, just think if he could bring some of his MK Dons magic to Elwood. Now, that would be exciting.

We can dream can't we?

Sam is a far better manager than Ince will ever be, he worked wonders a BW and had good runs in Europe on a tight budget something we have never achieved, he had good contacts was fully qualified lived in the North West so no culture shock after a couple of months, it was a fantastic opportunity wasted, and I am sure Mr Williams will regret his actions before long!

Sam is a far better manager than Ince will ever be, he worked wonders a BW and had good runs in Europe on a tight budget something we have never achieved, he had good contacts was fully qualified lived in the North West so no culture shock after a couple of months, it was a fantastic opportunity wasted, and I am sure Mr Williams will regret his actions before long!

We obviously have different opinions.

But Allardyce has never won anything as far as I am aware and he failed at Newcastle.

Playing his infamous 4-5-1 formation which produced such great football!

Sam is over 50, Ince is 10 years younger, you can compare them when Ince is a little older...

Archived