BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just read the sentence you wrote again. It's nonsensical.

Well I know I write rubbish sometimes...........but chance = gamble does it not?

If I remember correctly Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, and the list goes on failed at Newcastle .

Ince didn't

what has paul ince really done wrong since becoming the blackburn manager???

david bentley was always going to leave-i dont think any manager could have got him staying..

brad friedal-one final pay day who could blame him for leaving..

he brings robbie fowler on TRIAL-where he has to prove himself..

he signs the player who was englands number 1 couple seasons ago for a good fee-10yrs younger then friedal-good deal in my opinion..

we lose 3 games in pre-season and its all doom and gloom-im sure every pre-season started like this under mark hughes-lose a friendy then question the management-for me friendlies are about match fitness, trying players in new positions and trying new formations-yet everyone thinks this is a great deal-we hardly had great pre-seasons under mark hughes..

paul ince wont please everyone-abit like mark hughes didnt-even after doing a brilliant job here mark hughes was still getting critised by some on here-but why get on a new managers back when infact he hasnt really done alot wrong..

Playing his infamous 4-5-1 formation which produced such great football!

Sam is over 50, Ince is 10 years younger, you can compare them when Ince is a little older...

What has how old or young got to do with it, if you wait for Ince to grow up we may be in the lower divisions by then, and if Sam's infamous style keeps us in the top regions of the Premiership with regular trips into Europe the he gets my vote!

what has paul ince really done wrong since becoming the blackburn manager???

1. there has not been any positive quotes from players since he took over, remember when hughes took over?

2. spending his time on players like fowler and andrews, he should be around looking quality players

I feel that ince have not done anything really, and thats where he's gone wrong in my opinion.

1. there has not been any positive quotes from players since he took over, remember when hughes took over?

2. spending his time on players like fowler and andrews, he should be around looking quality players

I feel that ince have not done anything really, and thats where he's gone wrong in my opinion.

Villanueva, Roque Santa Cruz, Judge, Derbyshire, Annan, Simpson have all been talking highly of Ince.

ive read some good comments from blackburn players to be honest..warnock, pedersen, david dunn, and simpson..

also hes looking at robbie fowler on trial-he has to prove himself, regarding andrews-yes i would prefer someone better then him-but paul ince has worked with andrews before-he may know how to get best out of him-why judge a manager and players he might be interested in when infact. 1 they aint signed and 2 shouldnt you leave your judgment from when if "these players sign" they perform badly??

from most rovers fans, its all doom and gloom-you need to get a grip..

The imminent signing of Andrews for a reported £2m is literally making me weep.

It makes we weep that nicko can whip up up such strong feelings against our manager merely by claiming we are signing someone.....................whether or not there is any substance to it.

This statment from Ince at skysport.

"If we lose the first five games of the season then, yes, you can have a go at me. But until then you have to give me a chance."

And I do agree with him! Like it or not, he is our manager now. No point saying how bad he is. As we all know no matter what we do now, he still will be our manager now. So let us all back him up!!! At least for first 5 game. After which, is time to get ready our boo's!!!!! :rover:

This statment from Ince at skysport.

"If we lose the first five games of the season then, yes, you can have a go at me. But until then you have to give me a chance."

And I do agree with him! Like it or not, he is our manager now. No point saying how bad he is. As we all know no matter what we do now, he still will be our manager now. So let us all back him up!!! At least for first 5 game. After which, is time to get ready our boo's!!!!! :rover:

I have to admit, when we signed Ince as manager I was hugely underwhelmed, maybe even disappointed. I've never been a big fan of Ince as he used to annoy me as a player. But he knows the game and the pressures of the top flight far more than any of us do. He has been given an extremely short amount of time and surely the big money signings you are all so desperate for should have a fair amount of consideration put into them?

The only thing that matters are results. Pre-season friendlies cannot provide an indication of what is going to happen in the Premier League. The fact is, our manager is Paul Ince. Supporting Blackburn Rovers means that you support the team and the management until they prove themselves not worthy of support. Also, five games? Didn't Fergie finish 11th or something in his first season at Manure?

The thing is Ince is taking a team over that is in the top half of the premiership, and I would have thought we would be looking to improve not go backward like we did when Kenny moved on, Ince is a lower division management expert not a top division manager. If he was trying to take us up from a lower division then maybe but not the other way thank you very much!

The thing is Ince is taking a team over that is in the top half of the premiership, and I would have thought we would be looking to improve not go backward like we did when Kenny moved on, Ince is a lower division management expert not a top division manager. If he was trying to take us up from a lower division then maybe but not the other way thank you very much!

Give. Him. A. Chance.

For a manager just starting out and only 3 years in, you have to start somewhere. Lower league management didn't hurt Clough, O'Neill etc from making the grade at the top. And fair play to Ince for having the balls and literally start at the bottom, as if that didn't work out then any reputation he had would've been in tatters - think Tony Adams, Tony Cottee and Chris Waddle's foray into management.

Whether it all goes tits up or if he's a roaring success, either way he'll have my support as I'll give him a chance to do so, and especially as Rovers haven't kicked a competitive ball yet, unless you count that win against Benfica!

What would YOU suggest he do?

Stop pussying about and sign Annan before somebody else does, get Fowler out NOW, tell Andrews to settle in at MK because he aint wanted here and sign a decent right winger before the week end :!:

All fairly clear. It's been obvious for a while. There is money availible. Get on with it.

I notice the Paul Robinson article in the LT is by Andy Nield whom I believe has left the LT and now works for the Rovers' PR agency.

So it appears Rovers know they have to improve Ince's image and standing are sensibly doing something about it. Problem is, if you are doing PR, you sort out the message and stick to it. No doubt Paul Ince wandered off message in a stream of consciousness and that is what the Times reported, not the message the club and PR boys had worked out.

Perhaps would have been best to keep out of the national media at this stage.

He cannot even do some ball jugglin tricks to impress the press because sparky did that last year at Roque's unveiling.

Do you mean Agnew's mob?

Always felt Andy Neild's best moment was not realising he needed a visa when he was supposed to be covering the DC game in Washington, and was turned away, leaving him to do his report from a stringer (okay, a 'fan' with a mobile texting him).

I DO feel both articles are steps back; Ince didn't need to do them in my view, and they're not even done well - so it's a kick to each nadger. Live and learn.........

There I was thinking we did well to spin against the Mail article last week; the fact Rovers acknowledged the damage & tried to sort it was a start, but today's spin is an own goal. Then again, how does he get the experience to improve his media image (another aspect the pitchforkers dislike) otherwise? I wonder if getting a proper PR agency involved is worthwhile, not some two bob operation tied into the Ewood machine. Surprised someone's not mentioned Alistair ginger Campbell for the job, seems the ideal candidate for the pitchforkes, can't think of one obvious reason why he wouldn't do a fantastic job of spinning Ince & Rovers in a positive light ;)

Stop pussying about and sign Annan before somebody else does, get Fowler out NOW, tell Andrews to settle in at MK because he aint wanted here and sign a decent right winger before the week end :!:

All fairly clear. It's been obvious for a while. There is money availible. Get on with it.

Absolutely bang on. Ince is making out like he walked in on a mess. He did not. He does not have to build anything. He walked in on a good squad which needed a few changes and a replacement for Bentley. We were 7th in the league last season.

Your not JAL! Go and get your own mates! :-)

Archived