BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

What would YOU suggest he do?

Just bring ONE, thats one, sole CLASS player, who wins games into the club, that would be a significant positive start to get the fans onside with Ince and the club.

Please dont bring up Robinson or the Chilean as the class player, it has to be someone other than these.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a day when other managers are having players sold without their prior knowledge, stuff like this is good to read.

Ince - 100%, categorically, no more players will be leaving

Good lad, and thank you to our professional board.

He should be actively looking to cash in on Benni MaCarthy and bring in a younger fitter model who can add further value to the club now and in the future with his resale value.

Managing change for the good of Blackburn Rovers thats what Ince is paid to do.

Is that enough everyone? Can Ince say anything more? You've all had a dig in the past saying we should be coming out saying ''Our players can't go, full stop.''

Well, there it is. Our players 100% can't leave. ''The door is shut.''

I eagerly expect all those who have been whinging for three months now to step up and praise the man. Drog, you start....

He should be actively looking to cash in on Benni MaCarthy and bring in a younger fitter model who can add further value to the club now and in the future with his resale value.

Fully agree with that. McCarthy is no longer an asset.

Is that enough everyone? Can Ince say anything more? You've all had a dig in the past saying we should be coming out saying ''Our players can't go, full stop.''

Well, there it is. Our players 100% can't leave. ''The door is shut.''

I eagerly expect all those who have been whinging for three months now to step up and praise the man. Drog, you start....

He's said it two players late Shillitto. If he can say that now, he could have said it the day he arrived.

What is there to praise him for? We shouldn't be selling our best players. Problem with this is, if a huge offer comes in for Roque and the board want to take it, Ince will end up looking rather daft.

Instead of all the defensive statements, how about we do something positive. No, not Keith Andrews.

A younger fitter model? Someone with known ability to play and score in the Champions League as well as a bagful in the domestic leagues? That description is a younger, fitter model.

So any realistic suggestions as to who of that description is within Rovers' means?

Fully agree with that. McCarthy is no longer an asset.

I'm old enough to know that its easier to say it on a messageboard than to actually achieve it with all the obstacles that or could be in the way, but this is just one of the many decisions Paul Ince has to do and he is paid an excellent salary to perform these tasks so he has no margin for error right now.

Ince has to earn the respect of the supporters of which i'm sceptical right now, hes under enormous pressure form many of us which for me is a good thing for Paul Ince because if he can come through this then he'll be a lot wiser and stronger for the experience and a better manager for it.

But the pressure has to remain relentless on Paul Ince and his staff, as at the end of the day its only the good of Blackburn Rovers football club that we are interested in and its shared success.

He's said it two players late Shillitto. If he can say that now, he could have said it the day he arrived.

If he'd said it the day he arrived Brad and Bentley would've made him look very daft indeed.

Strikes me you're asking more of Ince than you would have asked of Hughes (had he stayed) in the case of Bentley. He'd be a Spurs player whoever was in charge.

As for Brad: everyone concerned has said it's about the big pay day, not the new manager. Of course you can choose to ignore all that.

Just bring ONE, thats one, sole CLASS player, who wins games into the club, that would be a significant positive start to get the fans onside with Ince and the club.

Please dont bring up Robinson or the Chilean as the class player, it has to be someone other than these.

Yes, good reply, I'm with you on that - we need a quality someone who'll bring good headlines and breed a positive view of Rovers.

I'm old enough to know that its easier to say it on a messageboard than to actually achieve it with all the obstacles that or could be in the way, but this is just one of the many decisions Paul Ince has to do and he is paid an excellent salary to perform these tasks so he has no margin for error right now.

I agree, but I still believe that Mccarthy can still be more of an asset to us than anyone we could replace him with at this time. Sure he is lazy as hell but if he repeats his first season with us we'll be laughing. I think the start / weird happenings with Chelsea messed up his season a little last season. I do believe that he holds much more natural ability than the majority of our team.

Anyway, we are going to get told off for discussing this in the wrong thread. Is there one dedicated to this debate currently?

If he'd said it the day he arrived Brad and Bentley would've made him look very daft indeed.

Strikes me you're asking more of Ince than you would have asked of Hughes (had he stayed) in the case of Bentley. He'd be a Spurs player whoever was in charge.

As for Brad: everyone concerned has said it's about the big pay day, not the new manager. Of course you can choose to ignore all that.

Or you can look at what Lee told us - Brad asked for a transfer the day after Hughes left. You believe what you want Simon if that makes you feel better.

Tell me, - why can he not tell Bentley and Friedel they must stay, but he can tell anyone else who comes asking for a move - "NO"?

Do we only weaken our team to a certain level? Is that acceptable?

Yes, good reply, I'm with you on that - we need a quality someone who'll bring good headlines and breed a positive view of Rovers.

Ronaldo?

Tevez?

Rooney?

Any Man U player?

We need to be realistic. So many people see us on a similar level to Spurs so if they can't attract these players then why can't we? You sign for Spurs you get to life this good life in London. If you come to us you get low attendances and the most big city lifestyle you can hope for is grey old Manchester. If you are a super star footballer with the model girlfriend, chances are there is going to be quite a bit of pressure to look for a move South. I am not in any way saying there is anything wrong with living in the North but when it isn't because you are signing for the world famous Manchester United...players aren't as keen.

I should have added that he doesnt have to be a named player just one up and coming player who does the business on the pitch by winning football matches, we are competing against your ManU's,Chelsea,Liverpool, Arsenal etc. not your Accy Stanleys.

Or you can look at what Lee told us - Brad asked for a transfer the day after Hughes left. You believe what you want Simon if that makes you feel better.

Fair enough Den - I missed that one.

Tell me, - why can he not tell Bentley and Friedel they must stay, but he can tell anyone else who comes asking for a move - "NO"?

It's probably down to the players as much as anything. The 2 who wanted out have got out - we can take his comments to mean the rest seem happy to stay.

How hard do you think Ince should've tried to keep Bentley? Or MH if he were still in charge?

I must admit I can't wait for the season kick off, and then we can see what we are talking about, very cynical I know.

Agree entirely gillibrand,sick of the small talk,speculation and idle chit chat from all corners.Lets get this ruddy season started and we will all very soon find out the answers to the question hanging over Mr Ince and his team.

Btw.....

Yes Paul,lose the first five games and you'll be up to your eye balls in the brown stuff,sorry thats how it is......welcome to the world of cut throat big league management fella! <_<

Absolutely bang on. Ince is making out like he walked in on a mess. He did not. He does not have to build anything. He walked in on a good squad which needed a few changes and a replacement for Bentley. We were 7th in the league last season.

OK, Ince inherited a good squad that point cannot be argued. To say he did not walk into what was going to be a difficult situation is not fair. Please tell me how many of our coaching staff from last year are still at the club? Also how many of our sports science team from last year are still at the club? How many of our scouts from last year are still at the club?

He has to come in assess the squad and formulate his own opinion, and move on from there. Then Identify targets assess targets, which by the way the rest of our competitors will have been doing since the last window closed. I wouldn't call it a mess but I would certainly not call it a favorable situation.

What do you honestly think Bentley would have done if we had said tough luck your staying?

Do we just sign players based on reputation or do we show prudence, take our time assess as many options as possible and then act.

Was Bentley ever going to stay Den? Hughes took a similar stance, and would have been made to look equally dishonest.

I still maintain the whole Friedel scenario will prove good business.

Up to now, I'm still satisfied with Inces' deals.

Ince has put his managerial career at Rovers on the line by coming out with that statement because if Roque, Warnock or any of our other key or important players go he will lose the respect of the fans and face a major backlash after he gave a ‘100% promise’.

Its the key players Ince was hinting at in his statement, that we lost two of our key players and Ince wasn’t going to let anymore go.

I'm pleased he made that statement.

I would call it a favourable situation. Everyone thought after last season that the squad was the most talented we'd had for a long time, we'd finished 7yh, have a great rep, safe financially, and a brilliant infrastructure in place. All we needed was a bit of freshening up, a bit of impetus.

If Hughes was still here then we'd have certainly expected the money from the Bentley sale to strengthen the team, with 2/3 class players, and would be aiming for 6th (challenging but possible) and a good cup run. Just because we lost Hughes doesn't mean the situation Ince has come into has changed, it is still very favourable.

In terms of impetus, a new manager can really provide that, and being new has the ability to impliment new things with the minimum of fuss. I guess you could say being new is a conveiniant excuse for making the changes.

Ok, he lost the backroom staff, but every manager wants their own people in place. If anything this can be construed as favourable. (If Ince was worried about lacking experience, he should bring in experienced staff.) He was free to choose his own people, and we were paid to loose the former occupants of the positions.

We've the money to add to the team, and to be honest there was only 3 positions we really needed filling, rb, cm and rm, that's not changed. Fill those positions with class and the squad is looking very strong.

The Friedel saga was a blow, but that is the sole thing which has not been favourable to Ince. If we appointed a top class proven manager (not saying could have, but if we had) then I'm sure given the situation when Ince entered, or within his first couple of weeks the fans would have been a lot more optimistic about the new season.

I think Hughes realised that Brad and Bentley were leaving and jumped ship, he has walked into a disaster at City, can he cope? Dont think so.

Ince walked (eyes open) into a nightmare scenario at Macclesfield, 12 points adrift at the bottom of the football league, he did the impossible and saved them from relegation,

Question: How do you get a bunch of players playing for the worst team in the football league to win football matches, you inspire them. I am getting happier by the day that we made the right choice for our club, we need to give Ince time.

Oh for the pessimists out there, we will not be in relegation battle because we have one of the best defences in the league and two top notch strikers who will keep us out of it.

Oh for the pessimists out there, we will not be in relegation battle because we have one of the best defences in the league and two top notch strikers who will keep us out of it.

My glass is half full, but I'd need to finish t'other half to desribe our defence as ''one of the best in the league.''

Archived