BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

Dont talk shyte !

Stealing your job then?

Honestly, some people here just want Blackburn to get relegated, the economy to fall apart a la Zimbabwe, and get stabbed by hoodie wearing youths just so they can point the finger and call someone an incompetant ____. Jan, JAL, Theno and a few others only seem to be happy when they are being negative about Rovers in any way. I bet you'd be perversely happy if you found out your child had cancer, just so you can go on about the NHS, dirty hospitals etc.

Tell you what, if you are all so great, why don't you all leave your jobs, and manage some football teams? Go on, put your money where your mouths are and don the tracksuit. It has been done before, the first manager to take Japan to the world cup was a former international who had spent 20 years working in the insurance industry. I doubt anyone will take up the challenge though. It is much easier to be a keyboard jockey like me and criticise Ince before any meaningful games have been played.

I guess only a treble would stop the constant moaning from the majority of the fans.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was about time a thread was started where people can talk about the positives of mr Ince rather than slagging him off.

I am fed up of people absolutely caining the man when he has not been in the job for two long and is still build HIS sqaud. If we don't back the man we will end up like newcastle last season and we are better than that.

Back the manager otherwise you may as well not be backing your team!!!!!!!!!

Ince can be a great success like Hughes. I think he'll have a tough season this season, but will learn from it and build up the team. Next season he may be the man. It was always a risk in signing him, but I'd rather gamble on Ince than have a turnip like BFS or McClown. The season has not started yet, so let us not judge until December.

I thought it was about time a thread was started where people can talk about the positives of mr Ince rather than slagging him off.

I am fed up of people absolutely caining the man when he has not been in the job for two long and is still build HIS sqaud. If we don't back the man we will end up like newcastle last season and we are better than that.

Back the manager otherwise you may as well not be backing your team!!!!!!!!!

Go on then...You start with the positives.... :unsure:

Stealing your job then?

Honestly, some people here just want Blackburn to get relegated, the economy to fall apart a la Zimbabwe, and get stabbed by hoodie wearing youths just so they can point the finger and call someone an incompetant ____. Jan, JAL, Theno and a few others only seem to be happy when they are being negative about Rovers in any way. I bet you'd be perversely happy if you found out your child had cancer, just so you can go on about the NHS, dirty hospitals etc.

Tell you what, if you are all so great, why don't you all leave your jobs, and manage some football teams? Go on, put your money where your mouths are and don the tracksuit. It has been done before, the first manager to take Japan to the world cup was a former international who had spent 20 years working in the insurance industry. I doubt anyone will take up the challenge though. It is much easier to be a keyboard jockey like me and criticise Ince before any meaningful games have been played.

I guess only a treble would stop the constant moaning from the majority of the fans.

The treble? Of course that wouldn't stop the moaning. It would increase it!

"We haven't got the ambition to repeat it next year."

"I don't like the style of football we win with."

"I think our strikers kick the ball too hard."

"All these European matches are increasing our carbon footprint."

Not forgetting the fact that he seems to want to play an attractive style of football and has managed to get two very good prices for two players who wanted out, and as such were no good to the club going forward, the greatest thing he has done is sort out the wheat from the chaff on this board, ie those who support the club through thick and thin and those who claim they support the club, and yet seem to delight in doom mongering and failure prophecising.

Edit: Forgot to mention the signing of Villaneuva, potentially the most exciting player we have seen at Rovers for an age, and yet at very little exposure to the club if it all goes wrong...great business.

Also a refusal to blow the clubs money unless he is absolutley certain it is the way forward...just what we need at Rovers with our tight finances...just imagine if we had got someone like Sven or Rafa, we would be bankrupt in 6 months...

Uh oh....

Have fun on this one Moderators...

But yes I do agree...we should support him 100%

However I do know that this topic is going to personally offend certain members :P

**EDIT** - Sorry this is in the wrong topic!!! Or have two been merged?

Well certain members have had the freedom to spout negative rubbish for the past few weeks, perhaps it is time the balance is addressed.

Ince might or might not be a total failure but he deserves a chance, which very few seem to be willing to grant him...

Positives:

1) The situation was forced upon him but he has solved the "How do we replace Friedel" problem at relatively little cost.

2) Seems to be slightly more adventurous than Hughes in terms of where he is casting his net - Villenueva, Castillo etc.

3) The other two signings he has actually brought in, Villenueva and Simpson could well be excellent.

4) Generally there appears to be a greater emphasis on youth in terms of players being looked at and the young lads already at the Club appear to be being given a much fairer chance.

5) Seemingly not prepared to waste money for the sake of it.

Not forgetting the fact that he seems to want to play an attractive style of football and has managed to get two very good prices for two players who wanted out, and as such were no good to the club going forward, the greatest thing he has done is sort out the wheat from the chaff on this board, ie those who support the club through thick and thin and those who claim they support the club, and yet seem to delight in doom mongering and failure prophecising.

Edit: Forgot to mention the signing of Villaneuva, potentially the most exciting player we have seen at Rovers for an age, and yet at very little exposure to the club if it all goes wrong...great business.

Also a refusal to blow the clubs money unless he is absolutley certain it is the way forward...just what we need at Rovers with our tight finances...just imagine if we had got someone like Sven or Rafa, we would be bankrupt in 6 months...

Darth - I suspect the prices were agreed by JW.

He's only been in the job a month or so. 1 Paul ince thread is enohgh for now.

Darth - I suspect the prices were agreed by JW.

Fair point but we have to give him something as plenty of others seem to want to take things away from him that he has had nothing to do with either!

More positives:

Willing to give youth players a chance...

Unbeaten at Ewood. :P

Improved disciplinary record (no sending offs yet!) B)

JW might do the negotiations and set the club's overall transfer budget but will ask Ince how much he rates an individual player at, and will work on that basis.

I'm sure I remember reading or seeing an interview that Ince will mention the players he has an eye on to and then JW will do the negotiations. So far it seems to be panning out.

Positives:

5) Seemingly not prepared to waste money for the sake of it.

EH!

Whats wasting a weeks wage on paying Robbie Fowler, that for me that is wasting money for the sake of it, and even the contemplation of spending a penny on a transfer fee or wage of Keith Andrews is tantermount to wasting money.

Bumped into an old chum of mine today who's a mate of one of our current players. Bottom line is the players are dissatisfied with our old fashioned training methods ( sit-ups , press- ups etc ).

Have they indicated this to the management and if so what was the reaction?

EH!

Whats wasting a weeks wage on paying Robbie Fowler, that for me that is wasting money for the sake of it, and even the contemplation of spending a penny on a transfer fee or wage of Keith Andrews is tantermount to wasting money.

WHAT?

We're not paying Fowler anything (yet) and how can considering paying someone a wage be the same as actually wasting it?.

Like you said: Don't talk shyte.

That actually makes me think we'll have a good season.

He thinks Citeh will go well - says it all.

Sky Sports pundit Alan McInally tips Blackburn to be relegated..

He is not very complementary on Ince either.

Well he strikes me as the thickest of the lot of them on Sky - a feat in itself. This continues to worry me.

Not so much a player for this one, more of an approach, and it's Paul Ince's at Blackburn. I think he's looking around the lower leagues to find a gem, which is what Lawrie Sanchez tried to do at Fulham without success. It might not be Paul's fault - he might not have a lot to spend and have had to alter his targets accordingly - but he could struggle with some of the players he's brought in

What happening to the cash guys? - I thought we'd be £20m in the clear with the sale of Bentley.

Sky Sports pundit Alan McInally tips Blackburn to be relegated..

He is not very complementary on Ince either.

Typically lazy pundit...exactly which of Ince's buys are going to cause us problems? England goalkeeper Paul Robinson, Manchester United starlet Danny Simpson, or South American sensation/Chilean player of the year Villaneuva?

Typically lazy pundit...exactly which of Ince's buys are going to cause us problems? England goalkeeper Paul Robinson, Manchester United starlet Danny Simpson, or South American sensation/Chilean player of the year Villaneuva?

You beat me to it. Which "lower league gems" have arrived at Ewood then?.

I bet if you asked him to name straight up who we had brought in so far, he wouldn't have a clue.

WHAT?

We're not paying Fowler anything (yet) and how can considering paying someone a wage be the same as actually wasting it?.

Like you said: Don't talk shyte.

Do you really think hes given up his time for free, dreamer!

You need to see a doctor.

1st of all don't put someone else's words in my mouth.

With regards to Laudrup, my comment about him being less desperate for the job than Ince is with regards to other's assertions that we should not have appointed him because he might "bugger off to Spain" in a year. I expect more clubs want him than want Paul Ince. If he had "buggered off" for bigger and better things it would indicate he was taking is forward anyway. I seriously doubt we'd have the bad vibes coming from the club at the moment if Laudrup had been in charge.

You keep wanting to talk about "facts" etc like this is some science paper but you can tell when something is going on at a Football Club. Have you seen Tom Hicks and Gillett's bank statements? How about Thaksins? Until you have then maybe you should assume they are good Chairmen because you don't know the facts.

In the real world you and I both know Hicks, Gillett and Thaksin aren't in it for the right reasons based on feelings and strong rumours (not indisputable facts). I have a feeling Ince is not good enough based on the same things. I might be wrong, maybe Mathias and Knox are great, maybe Fowler will be good, same with Keith Andrews, maybe the players respect Paul Ince like they did Mark Hughes...

PS: Maybe we should move into another thread, sorry mods...

I've moved it for you.

you have to move on from Laudrup, no-one on this forum has any idea why he did not get the job. We can speculate but thats all it is speculation. Williams appointted Souness and then Hughes two very good appointments, you do him and the rest of the board a dis-service by pre-judging Paul Ince. He has gotten it right both tmes before, its only fair to give his next choice the chance to prove he is as good as his predecessor.

the Liverpool chairman, may not be in it for the right reasons, I don't know, hence i do not comment. I have not seen there bank statements but they were not able to come up with the money for New Anfield - indisputable fact. Thaksin, well documented personal history, I don't need to make any comment. However all of those mentioned have been given the opportunity to prove themselves, something you seem unwilling to do with Ince. Change was always going to happen at the club, it maybe for the good it may not, we will find out. I have never said that Ince was the man I would have choosen, but he is here I am willing to respect the decision of the Board that he will take us forward. My judgement will come after the season has started and is well under way not before a ball is even kicked, like yourself.

Yes I deal in Facts, should I rather deal in feelings and idle gossip like yourself and the rest of the Pitchforkers on here, if the rumours are true they will come to light. When I say something I like to know what I'm saying is true especially when blemishing others character, intelligence and credibility. I do not want it done to me so I extend the courtesy to others, you have not and so have to expect others to act as you do? And yet you begrudge people for doing this.

You have called Ince a Moron, WHY?, a feeling? how would you react if on a feeling some random stranger walked up to you in the street and called you a Moron, I suspect it would not be favorable. Statements like that will do nothing to adhere you to others.

You admit you are here to wind people up, again, WHY, do you derive pleasure from this sort of insular behavior, do you like being wound up?? I suspect not!

The rest of us are here for debate, to discuss all things Rovers, to disagree and persuade. You are not! you have admitted as much. Your post above is the first reasoned one I have read well done keep it up.

Archived