BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

At the end of the day the question I put to all is,

Does the new manager Ince pull us all together as supporters, quite clearly reading the messageboard of BRFCS.com we all seem to be falling out with one another on what is and isnt going on at Rovers, for me this isnt a good sign of things to come as Ince isnt pulling us together but driving us apart.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignore the doubters of SSN (see Nicko's thread p. 197), their faces are too buried in the laps of the big 4 and Spurs to really know anything outside that zone. They're all failed managers, pie eaters and drunks waiting to be fisted by their bum chums at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge.

This season may be disappointing compared to Hughes' last couple, but next season we should see something exciting.

Does the new manager Ince pull us all together as supporters, quite clearly reading the messageboard of BRFCS.com we all seem to be falling out with one another on what is and isnt going on at Rovers, for me this isnt a good sign of things to come as Ince isnt pulling us together but driving us apart.

But we haven't kicked a ball yet. That's the whole point.

I'm not going to criticise anyone for being unhappy if we're really struggling after fifteen games.

I'm not going to criticise anyone for being unhappy if we're really struggling after fifteen games.

So you are going to be reactive rather than pro active Rev?

Fully understand and respect that .

I agree with RB, not one competitive game and he's already rubbish. Give him a chance judge him on real results.

If its 10-15 games in and we look like struggling I'll be voicing my concerns just like you Jal not before.

Jal there always arguements for both side's, I'm sure we could both come up with strong one's for and againast. I have doubts over Ince, But I have no doubts over Williams and so I will trust his judgement on this one and wait.

Yes, I've already suggested this, Prof. Also that they are actually paid to do it and pretty well too.

You could understand the griping RM if we were a couple of months into the season and the players were saying 'Training is poor - we've complained but no one listens.' This smacks of players running to the press first. I suppose it might also indicate lack or respect for the manager too!

So Ince is to blame for how this messageboard looks now?! Is there anything else - is the Darwen bus lane going to be his fault as well?

No - reading BRFCS.com simply suggests that most of the vocal contributors have generated a bandwagon effect - a baying mob mentality which has resulted in a huge barrage of negative claptrap slagging off the manager of the football club.

The handful of people putting rational, sensible, wait-and-see type views on just get shouted down by the mob.

I wish them luck, personally, I can hardly be bothered posting - it's a waste of time - because 90% of this MB doesn't know what the word "SUPPORT" means.

Lee used to close the site down during the summer break, shame it's been up and running this year because it's given a shouting platform to people who now want BRFC to fail early in the new season so they can shout "I TOLD YOU SO". It's really pathetic.

You could understand the griping RM if we were a couple of months into the season and the players were saying 'Training is poor - we've complained but no one listens.' This smacks of players running to the press first. I suppose it might also indicate lack or respect for the manager too!

I don't know, Prof. Obviously things are going to be different, and there will be a muttering here and there, but it may be just that or that the players feel that this training does not keep them as fit as they would like. I don't think I've ever seen such an unfit bunch as the squad at the start of the season when Souey left, but they certainly don't look in too bad a condition at the moment.

It's always difficult when a new boss comes in with different ideas and methods, but you have to knuckle down to it and at least give it a chance.

I don't know, Prof. Obviously things are going to be different, and there will be a muttering here and there, but it may be just that or that the players feel that this training does not keep them as fit as they would like. I don't think I've ever seen such an unfit bunch as the squad at the start of the season when Souey left, but they certainly don't look in too bad a condition at the moment.

It's always difficult when a new boss comes in with different ideas and methods, but you have to knuckle down to it and at least give it a chance.

Agreed!

Oh dear :rolleyes:

Yes we have lost Bentley and Brad. But we still have Santa Cruz, Warnock, Nelson, Samba, Emerton, Oojer, Zurab, MGP, Benni Mac, Matty and have signed an England International Keeper to replace one of the outgoing players.

The transfer window is still wide open and as we know, Rovers keep any dealing as close to their chest as possible.

If it wasn't for Nicko coming on here updating, then we would know very little about Andrews or Annan and people would not have got their knickers in a twist like they have. I imagine things like Annan and Andrews have gone on for years at clubs but we never got to hear about them.

It will be interesting to see what the players make of Ince's training methods if we are top of the table after 5 games or we win a cup. Players IMO can be as fickle as fans <_<

Who knows how the season will go, but I've got far better things to do than worry about something I have no control over and that may or may not even happen. As Rev, Mum and many others have said, the time to judge is when Ince has had a chance to manage our football club :rover:

So Ince is to blame for how this messageboard looks now?! Is there anything else - is the Darwen bus lane going to be his fault as well?

No - reading BRFCS.com simply suggests that most of the vocal contributors have generated a bandwagon effect - a baying mob mentality which has resulted in a huge barrage of negative claptrap slagging off the manager of the football club.

The handful of people putting rational, sensible, wait-and-see type views on just get shouted down by the mob.

I wish them luck, personally, I can hardly be bothered posting - it's a waste of time - because 90% of this MB doesn't know what the word "SUPPORT" means.

Lee used to close the site down during the summer break, shame it's been up and running this year because it's given a shouting platform to people who now want BRFC to fail early in the new season so they can shout "I TOLD YOU SO". It's really pathetic.

Tris, you can sit back and wait to get shot as can Paul Ince, but for many of us voicing contempt for a managerial decision or two, is not because they want to show arrogance in 'I told you so' but to prevent the manager from being shot at in the first place.

If the manager gets shot we are all weaker for it, which is what we really dont want, but hopefully if it takes a baying mob to correct the error of the mangers ways or shake a few supporters up that something isnt quite right, then for the sake of Blackburn Rovers football club, so be it.

If the manager gets shot we are all weaker for it, which is what we really dont want, but hopefully if it takes a baying mob to correct the error of the mangers ways or shake a few supporters up that something isnt quite right, then for the sake of Blackburn Rovers football club, so be it.

I take it you've been in touch with the club / P.I directly to point out where he's going wrong?

It'd be a different result if the old poll was parked up and a new one activated thats for sure.

I'd welcome that, then we can pull it out at Christmas and see how right or wrong people were.

It won't be but it OUGHT to be a lot more positive than the original one, which was mixed to say the least.

One contrast is very obvious.

At Citeh, the walls are literally falling in with an owner bail jumping, cash being borrowed for the wages, Joorbachian running the transfers in and the CEO selling players behind everyone's back.

Yet Hughes has imposed his authority on the situation totally. He has forced the reversal of sales, used threat of resignation judiciously and right now is the only tough guy left standing at that beleaguered club.

At Ewood, the finances have never been healthier, the Chairman is universally respected, the Trust are providing financial support again, early season tickets sales excellent and the club was renowned for its modern high qualified management.

Yet Ince seems to be running a ship that is leaking like a sieve, the press is saying we are regressing, we seem to be clueless about spending a decent transfer fund which is huge by our standards and not bad by EPL standards this summer and right now Ince is giving the appearance of having no authority whatsoever.

Both managers have been in post for roughly similar amounts of time.

One big difference though - People respect Hughes because of what he has achieved at Blackburn (No trophies mind) Yet ince just gets grief even though he has done 2 cracking jobs.

This time next season will be very different. Ince will be doing great, Hughes will be out of a job.

At Citeh, the walls are literally falling in with an owner bail jumping, cash being borrowed for the wages, Joorbachian running the transfers in and the CEO selling players behind everyone's back.

Yet Hughes has imposed his authority on the situation totally. He has forced the reversal of sales, used threat of resignation judiciously and right now is the only tough guy left standing at that beleaguered club.

At Ewood, the finances have never been healthier, the Chairman is universally respected, the Trust are providing financial support again, early season tickets sales excellent and the club was renowned for its modern high qualified management.

Yet Ince seems to be running a ship that is leaking like a sieve, the press is saying we are regressing, we seem to be clueless about spending a decent transfer fund which is huge by our standards and not bad by EPL standards this summer and right now Ince is giving the appearance of having no authority whatsoever.

I think you have pretty much summed up the situation there, unfortunately (if rumours are to be believed of course).

And the big problem is if Ince fails, and I sincerely hope he doesn't, we will not be able to attract the calibre of manager we did when Hughes left (Henk Ten Cate, Laudrup). Would this situation have happened if Laudrup would have taken charge for instance - god forbid would Bentley have possibly even stayed? Who knows.

All that said I am still behind the manager and will judge him by performances on the pitch.

One big difference though - People respect Hughes because of what he has achieved at Blackburn (No trophies mind) Yet ince just gets grief even though he has done 2 cracking jobs.

This time next season will be very different. Ince will be doing great, Hughes will be out of a job.

I definitely hope so.

Hughes achievements are far greater than Paul Ince's IMO so far though. His consistently high league positions with us on a limited budget far outshine Ince's in the lower league.

I agree Hughes is handling the situation well, waving his contract in there faces and going how much are you gonna have to pay me because you broke the terms.

Hughes spent last year looking at targets for the prem, but he still hasn't really strenghted there weaknesses. Ince however did not.

Ince is going to give oppurtunity to some of the others in the squad to step up, its a double bladed sword they will like him for it and at the same time buys him more time to scout potential recruits.

He's looking at the area we need most central midfield, if by the end of the window on the 1st sept we've not made any more I will also be dissappointted but not yet.

Fair enough Philipl, but if Hughes fails at city it will not be classed as his fault as everyone knows what a shambles behind the scenes they are, he knows if it all goes wrong he can jump ship with his reputation pretty much as it was when he left Rovers, therefore IMO less or very little pressure.

The reverse is true for Ince, Rovers are well run (or so it seems) so anything which goes wrong must be Ince's fault. I get the feeling Ince knows this and therefore unlike Hughes is under enormous pressure to succeed.

I agree Hughes is handling the situation well, waving his contract in there faces and going how much are you gonna have to pay me because you broke the terms.

Hughes spent last year looking at targets for the prem, but he still hasn't really strenghted there weaknesses. Ince however did not.

Not to mention the fact that Hughes didn't have to rummage around looking for a back room team - He just took that job lot, leaving Ince to not only find a new support team, but develop the links within that too.

Ince has had a hell of a lot more on his plate this summer than Sparky, and despite rumours about virtually all the playing staff leaving hasn't once yet threatened his resignation unless he is given pots of cash.

We were undoubtably on the crest of a wave prior to this summer and any incoming manager would have their work cut out to undergo the transition and keep us there. Despite all the rumblings we've only lost two players, made a monstrous profit, replaced one well and are still looking for the other - Who quite clearly had to go due to injuring several other squad members with flying toys.

I haven't read details on this whole "player revolt" thing that is being talked about. However, if true (of course, it won't be a 'revolt') I wonder what part Archie Knox will be playing.

Of all the management staff Ince has brought, Knox is probably the most dictatorial and belligerent . And he has antecedent - he came to blows with a few Coventry players whilst working as assistant to Mark McGhee and then Eric Black, notably Stephen Hughes.

I can imagine gruff Sergeant Knox upsetting some of these Rovers players.

Archived