BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ray Mathias (assistant manager) - The 61-year-old arrived with Ince from MK Dons, where they guided the club to the League Two title last season. Mathias is a shrewd operator who boasts a wealth of experience in the lower leagues, having spent most of his career at Tranmere and Wigan.

Where is the aboves top flight assistant managerial experience in the top flight and of top players the description says it all ! like his boss Paul Ince the Guvnor its a totally different ball game at the top level !

It looks like Ince has got a great mixture of experience throughout the backroom staff.

If there is unrest with some of the players then they need to grow up and realise that this is a new era at Blackburn and if they don't like it then get out.

I'm supporting Ince all the way.

Well, I really hope I'm wrong, but I think appointing Ince could be a disastrous decision for Blackburn Rovers. I've been quiet up until now because I wanted to see how he handled the pre-season but I'm really not comfortable at all with him being at the helm. At he moment, he is giving the impression of someone who is totally out of his depth. His dealings with the press, his handling of trials/transfers, are amateurish at best and are making us a laughing stock.

Essentially we've got a 4th Division management team/structure, and we're a Premier League club. We're targetting a 4th Division midfielder, and letting go someone who Arsenal are interested in. Sadly, I think this is going to end in one of only two ways - Ince being sacked by Christmas, or Championship football next season.

I really hope I'm wrong, and I will be behind him until it goes t*ts up, but I think we're heading for a fall ....

They seem a fair mix of strengths to me. Fed up with all the unrest and moaning. The players need to look at themselves and get on with their work. And whoever is causing the trouble - point me at them!

Paul Ince's Blue and White Army!

Just another perspective...

When/Where has Paul Ince ever received good press/or got on with people in his professional career?

When/Where has Paul Ince ever failed in his professional career?

paul Ince was a won every thing there was to win as a player but being a success as a player doesn't make youa success as a manager in the top flight - its a bit different lower down the divisions where the players are in total awe of you and your helped along with a backroom staff with vast knowledge of the lower leagues but when you get to the highest level and try and manage players who earn top money then it changes !

If the daily mail story is true from last week and I was a player made to do extra press ups or work by my boss/manager I'd turn round and tell him to F*** off and do them hisself and that happens in any walk of life workwise and footballers are no different !

Then wonder why you found yourself out of work, Athlete?

would you do extra work for your boss ? or would you stand up to them ? just a thought .....

footballers unlike ourselves are saleable assets and they know it doesn't matter another club will take them on big money

I have to admit, i can't really remember a time when i told a manager to "Do it yourself".

I don't think anyone in any walk of life would last long in a job with that kind of attitude.

as a former shop steward I have found that happen many times ( but thats a different subject )

A successfull /good manager has to have his team on board and it doesn't look good at the moment if everything coming out of Brockhall is true and warnock a few days before the season starts hands in a transfer request everything isnt rosy in the camp so unless we get off to a decent start in our 1st few games mr Ince may soon have is P45 and JW eat humble pie and admit he as made the wrong decision !

Whilst working in london at the weekend I met some very well to do man utd fans who had a high respect for Ince as aplayer but as a person none whatsoever !

The blind faith in Ince is far more astonishing than those apparently "writing him off" before a ball has been kicked.

This has been the worst pre-season in recent memory, stories are rife of dressing room unrest and several things seem to back that up. There's no smoke without fire.

The "back the manager foresaking all others" viewpoint is absolutely ludicrous. He's done nothing so far to make me think I'd rather have him and his mob than Bentley, Friedel and Warnock. Granted Bentley was likely to go, but there's no way Friedel and Warnock would have wanted to leave with Sparky involved. He signed a goalkeeper that may well turn out to be decent business (despite point blank denying he was going to), and has signed a South American that may or may not be brilliant on the back of asking an agent for the next Mauro Zarate. Hardly inspiring stuff, is it?

In the meantime he's (Please don't use that word again)ed about several trialists and made us look like a bunch of amateurs.

Paul Ince is not the victim in this. We are. Save your sympathy for those that deserve it. And in the meantime - pray for a miracle.

They seem a fair mix of strengths to me. Fed up with all the unrest and moaning. The players need to look at themselves and get on with their work. And whoever is causing the trouble - point me at them!

Paul Ince's Blue and White Army!

I think you'll find roversmum its not just one or two, but more of a collective thing from the players.

A massive crackling of thunder just broke out over London.

Thought it was quite appropriate given our situation, eventhough it just scared the s**t out of me!

I am in N1,yes its raining but no thunder at all and even if it was thunderous what would it have to do with the goings on in east lancs?

There's always going to be speculation about players, but I can categorically say, 100 per cent, that nobody will be leaving this club.

Paul Ince 12/08/08 (article by James Pearson) Link Here

He has to stick to it now or he will lose all respect and just be considered weak.

But that said from same article, on Robbie Fowler (who was useless for Cardiff last season):-

If we can get him right, then there's no reason why he can't play a part in the season. If you look at Teddy Sheringham, he played until he was 41

on top of wanting a player in the fourth tier of English football as his 'big summer signing'

....and he wonders why people are trying it on?

Personally I think he is naive and a bit thick. He will however get 10 games of support from me.

The blind faith in Ince is far more astonishing than those apparently "writing him off" before a ball has been kicked.

This has been the worst pre-season in recent memory, stories are rife of dressing room unrest and several things seem to back that up. There's no smoke without fire.

The "back the manager foresaking all others" viewpoint is absolutely ludicrous. He's done nothing so far to make me think I'd rather have him and his mob than Bentley, Friedel and Warnock. Granted Bentley was likely to go, but there's no way Friedel and Warnock would have wanted to leave with Sparky involved. He signed a goalkeeper that may well turn out to be decent business (despite point blank denying he was going to), and has signed a South American that may or may not be brilliant on the back of asking an agent for the next Mauro Zarate. Hardly inspiring stuff, is it?

In the meantime he's (Please don't use that word again)ed about several trialists and made us look like a bunch of amateurs.

Paul Ince is not the victim in this. We are. Save your sympathy for those that deserve it. And in the meantime - pray for a miracle.

Nail. On. Head.

There are no positive points this summer. Alongside Man City we have become a laughing stock. We have a Les Reed/Sammy Lee situation. It's clear as day.

This guy is ripping the club to shreds, it's time for the Rovers Fans who say Ince "has done nothing wrong" to wake up to what's happening.

Let's not wait for the inevitable Mr Williams, the longer you wait the more long term damage there will be.

What?

How is this situation comparable to Sammy Lee and Les Reed? They lost a number of their opening games and played dire football. In Les Reed's case he spent a truck load of money.

I am not blind or stupid but can see that scaremongering is not going to solve the situation. If we win games nobody will mention this but people are doing Ince and the club a disservice by not supporting the manager, he has not done anything wrong.

As for clubs looking stupid, take your pick from Newcastle "we are going to sign some world class players but have purchased dross again" or how about Everton "we have lost 3/4 key players and cannot get anyone in"

How about facts? I have seen an interview with Roberts who claims that he has enjoyed working with Ince as have the other players but it takes time adjusting to a new manager. Do try to remember an entire backroom has been brought in.

Nail. On. Head.

There are no positive points this summer. Alongside Man City we have become a laughing stock. We have a Les Reed/Sammy Lee situation. It's clear as day.

This guy is ripping the club to shreds, it's time for the Rovers Fans who say Ince "has done nothing wrong" to wake up to what's happening.

Let's not wait for the inevitable Mr Williams, the longer you wait the more long term damage there will be.

Right on! Let's sack the guy 4 days before the start of season!!!! :unsure::rolleyes:

Maybe we should shift our focus off Ince for a while and ask ourselves where has our transfer budget gone?

Have the trust decided to not make the Bentley funds available? Has it been used to pay off any debts?

With the players we have been linked to its looks to me that we don't have anywhere near the amount of money to spend that we were lead to believe. Unless Ince has the money but is unsure who to get, can't find anyone or doesn't want to spend it, though i would find that hard to believe.

Honestly how many of you would have sold Bentley if it becomes apparent that we aren't going to sign a replacement for him? I know there is still time left but we haven't really had any strong links to right wingers apart from Pennant and Larson and both of those seem to have gone dead.

For all we know the trust or board might be playing a huge role in some of the problems that Ince is experiencing.

Archived