BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

People have short memories, for Wenger's worst buys see:

Wright

Jeffers

Cygan....

continue with:

Stephanovs

Wreh

kaba diawarra

Thomas Danilviciusususus

Garde

Mendez

van Bronckhurst

Luzhy

Jermaine Pennant

Reyes!!

We could continue, you would be surprised for every hit he has had some duffers!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Set myself up for a fall there didn't I... Hoyte could be added to that list.

I'm not sure they were bad players, just didn't take their chance at the top level. Wenger's unsuccessful signings are far, far outnumbered by his runaway successes. If Annan signs for Arsenal and flops, I doubt Ince will adopt the "I told you so" routine.

There is confirmed interest.

I don't think Hoyte was signed, he just came through the youth team. But he is poor.

Annan himself favours a move to Blackburn purely because he knows if he goes to Arsenal he will only be cover, and will only get on the pitch in the odd Carling Cup game. Arsenal aren't seriously interested in him as a player but as a little squad depth. I highly doubt Wenger reckons he can turn him into an Essien or whoever. If he did he would havbe been in the Emirates two years ago at least. He has been kicking around for ages but no one has taken the plunge.

I would liek to see him sign, but I think people are getting very carried away with his current ability and future potential. He is definately in the "having a gamble" zone.

So Wenger buys bad players? Name three...

Sorry, don't know why you think I meant that? What I was driving at is that it is far less of a gamble for Wenger than it is for Ince because an Arsenal reject will hold his resale value better than a Rovers misfit.If Ince buys and he flops that's our cash gone.

Set myself up for a fall there didn't I... Hoyte could be added to that list.

I'm not sure they were bad players, just didn't take their chance at the top level. Wenger's unsuccessful signings are far, far outnumbered by his runaway successes. If Annan signs for Arsenal and flops, I doubt Ince will adopt the "I told you so" routine.

There is confirmed interest.

Confirmed interest in that they offered him a trial but have not put a bid in..just wanted to see him on trial.

Seems pretty identical to me...I guess Wenger is a moron too then :P

Confirmed interest in that they offered him a trial but have not put a bid in..just wanted to see him on trial.

Seems pretty identical to me...I guess Wenger is a moron too then :P

I see your point... But if Arsenal are genuinely interested I just can't help thinking we'll be sitting here in a year discussing how he could have been playing for us, bemoaning the fact that Ince didn't take the plunge.

Hopefully I'm wrong. Check out my post history, a few weeks back I was all for backing Ince and giving him time. What little optimism I had has just dissolved after the shambles of a pre-season we appear to be having.

Three points on Saturday will change a lot of opinion, I just can't see it happening.

Not wanting to bang the Ince drum but this doesn't fill me with any confidence, As the acting captain of the club in Nelson's absence he has to come out and say something. And the 'if we all pull in the same direction' quote says it all really

Exactly. When people have to come out and publicly deny that there is a problem, it's a sure sign that there is a problem.

The classic police interrogation line springs to mind. "I never said you weren't pulling in the same direction, why are you saying you have to pull in the same direction?" The acting club captain is protesting a little too much.

Exactly. When people have to come out and publicly deny that there is a problem, it's a sure sign that there is a problem.

The classic police interrogation line springs to mind. "I never said you weren't pulling in the same direction, why are you saying you have to pull in the same direction?" The acting club captain is protesting a little too much.

For crying out loud!!

What is it with you people?? Latching on to ANYTHING that comes out of Rovers and turning it into something to suit your anti-Rovers / anti-Ince agenda??

Warnock didn't say enough ... Dunn said too much ... and Ince himself has every public utterance that comes out of his mouth manipulated into ammunition to suit some peoples campaign against him.

Why don't you change hobbies or something, but FFS give up pretending to support BRFC.

Dammed if they do and Dammed if they don't, that really is the attitude on here at the moment.

Dunn says its all OK, people called for the club to something about it all. Whats happens, if they have to come out there must be a problem.

We don't want our best players to leave, Ince says no more departures. What happens it must be true, they all want out.

We take people on trial, he must have no idea for targets, didn't Hughes always do this how many trialists did he have through the club?

We have to make signings soon, we need a big name. In the same breath we don't want another Grabbi et al, he takes his time to ensure this. And so he's inept has no idea about the prem, targets, no contacts, because he hasn't jumped in.

The club can do no right at the moment for some, its sad.

For crying out loud!!

What is it with you people?? Latching on to ANYTHING that comes out of Rovers and turning it into something to suit your anti-Rovers / anti-Ince agenda??

Warnock didn't say enough ... Dunn said too much ... and Ince himself has every public utterance that comes out of his mouth manipulated into ammunition to suit some peoples campaign against him.

Why don't you change hobbies or something, but FFS give up pretending to support BRFC.

I'm a season ticket holder and have been for the best part of ten years, and as such am at least as entitled as the next man to air my opinions on the supporters' site. I'm an eternal optimist and was optimistic about Ince's appointment, reflected by my vote on the poll. Since then my views have been changed by the baffling going-ons at Ewood.

No, Warnock didn't say enough to convince me he wants to stay, just like when Hughes refused to deny speculation linking him with other jobs. Yes, Dunn said too much for me not to worry. If there's no problem, just get on with it and let the gossip-mongers do their thing.

I don't PRETEND to support Rovers, I do so and let my season ticket money and my (albeit slightly out of tune) singing voice do the talking on Saturdays. I have no anti-Rovers agenda, I only want to see the club do well. Anti-Ince? I'm getting there.

Seems there's quite a split between the unhappy and the still-optimistic on here, after Saturday I'm predicting a massive shift to one side or the other depending on the result. In the meantime maybe we should agree to disagree...

The club can do no right at the moment for some, its sad.

Of course they can. I'll even give them a few tips on how to start winning the fans over -

• Don't sign over the hill 33 year old strikers that are complete useless.

• Don't sign 4th division plodders that have no place in the Premier League.

• Don't give someone a job just because they're your mate.

• Don't treat the players like kids.

• Don't deny you want to sign someone, then sign them.

• Don't accept bids for our best players.

• Don't invite trialists in, tell them they're going to sign, have them fly half way across the World, then sack them off.

• Go after some decent players, and show the fans you have some ambition.

Just for starters. I'm sure there's a few others that people can add.

Taking an overview, the situation isn't really that much different than when Hughes was here.

Ignoring all the media speculation, we all expected Bentley to be leaving in the close season - which he has - and we got the sort of money most people wanted.

We were all worried about the possibility of RSC leaving, in fact he seems to be one of the happiest players at Ewood at the moment.

Friedel is the only real surprise, but I think we've come out on the better side of that particular deal.

Ince has said "100%" there will be no more players leaving.

Most people said before Bentley left we needed a RB and a midfielder - we've got the RB and Villenueva.

The only problem really is that we need to secure Bentley's replacement, and probably another top quality midfielder.

We need to start showing the colour of the 20m ish we SHOULD have available, and get those two players in.

If we do that, things will suddenly start looking extremely healthy.

Good post.

Bloody hell, the season hasn't even kicked off yet.

i'm just going to keep an open mind on things.

I don't think Paul has a cat in hell's chance if the fans are like this before he's even started.

I've not been convinced by everything he's done, but am willing to give the man a chance.

He could be good, he could be bad, he could be totally cr*p, he could be something else.

I just hope he likes proving people wrong.

Mind you, Keithe bloody Andrews, eh? That's just taking the pish.

Of course they can. I'll even give them a few tips on how to start winning the fans over -

• Don't sign over the hill 33 year old strikers that are complete useless. We have'nt signed him

• Don't sign 4th division plodders that have no place in the Premier League. We haven't signed him

• Don't give someone a job just because they're your mate. To whom are you refering?

• Don't treat the players like kids. Players shouldn't act like kids

• Don't deny you want to sign someone, then sign them. while I have brad I don't need Paul

• Don't accept bids for our best players. We haven't, no-one could have kept Bentley

• Don't invite trialists in, tell them they're going to sign, have them fly half way across the World, then sack them off. I don't know what happened here, so will not comment.

• Go after some decent players, and show the fans you have some ambition. We all used to praise Rovers for there ability to keep our targets out of the press, but now we must know who we are bidding for. I'm sure there will be signings we must wait and see if they are up to our expectations.

I'm just as worried as the next guy, we are sailing into the unknown, but as I've said a hundred times I'll wait to see where the ship goes.

• Don't invite trialists in, tell them they're going to sign, have them fly half way across the World, then sack them off.

Exactly...

I'm a season ticket holder and have been for the best part of ten years, and as such am at least as entitled as the next man to air my opinions on the supporters' site.

Totally agree inceticide however I'm sure as any other Rovers fan that nobody is without their own worries, which is what Tris is getting at.

The problem we have is that everything is turning into a snowball effect without any conclusive evidence of what is going to happen and its just the same prittle prattle waffle being bounded about that we really we should ignore until the season is under way and we can draw measure about our worries against the proof on offer by what our club is doing on the field.

Nobody, and I mean nobody knows what the hell is going to happen this season and its up to us the fans to give our backing to the new manager and the club until we have very good reason not to whether we like Ince or not or the gossip rumours that are being hysterically stirred up to anybody that wnat's to take them as the gospel truth.

There may be problems, there may not be - but there are sure to be differences as many of us have stated due to the simple fact that we have a new regime in charge.

We are Blackburn Rovers regardless of manager, player or chairman - we need to stand together as there is enough ###### and condemning coming from outside and those not affiliated or in support of the club.

The simple fact is that the appointment of Ince has split the supporters in exactly the same way as the prospect of appointing Sam Allardyce. Sam hadn't even got the job and there were supporters setting up a website with petitions to keep him away from the club and others threatening to return season tickets. The response to Ince has been quite muted in comparison. Ultimately, the only way he is going to win approval is by bettering the results that Mark Hughes achieved. Unforced managerial changes are unsettling at the best of times but losing two of our best players merely heightens the anxiety levels. Sadly, the prospect of signing Robbie Fowler is going to do little to calm nerves.

Our squad needed to be strengthened in January and today it is weaker in terms of numbers and quality than it was then. Ince has placed his faith in a couple of youngsters in Simpson and Villanueva and it remains to be seen if they are up to the task. I suspect that I am not alone in feeling disappointed that we have not been able to attract one or two established Premier League performers. I'm not counting Robinson because that hasn't strengthened us in the short term as we have lost Brad who, at this moment in time, remains the better of the two 'keepers.

Questions remain with regard to morale within the squad. The only way we will know the truth about these rumours is when we watch the team play. Iley, Harford, Hodgson and Kidd lost their jobs at Ewood not just because of decisions they made but because a perception built up that they weren't up to the job. This, coupled with players underforming which led to poor results brought about their demise. A similar perception is building with regard to Ince and he needs to do something to change it. Three points at Goodison Park would be a start and I'm hoping that is what I will see on Saturday afternoon.

For all the noises coming out so far about players wanting to leave, disharmony, etc. not much has been true (confirmed by any official sources). They are just rumours and we the fans are showing how weak minded we are too by going along with it (the panic and hysteria). In the end it may just become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Has everyone forgotten that we are Blackburn Rovers - no one likes us but we don't care?

I'm hoping that if Ince has anything about him he'll be able to put all this media stirring into a siege mentality if you will and galvanise the squad together.

We haven't

We haven't

We won't

We don't

We didn't

Those two were out of our control

I'll give you that one

I'm sure we are doing

If you watch Dunn and Roberts recent interview, they say 'speaking for themselves' they are enjoying the new regime. Clearly some others aren't.... you would surely say, yeah there is a real buzz in training, lads really up for it etc etc etc

deleted the rest of my post - could not be bothered..... decided not to say anymore on Ince and to judge things on results.

The sooner the season starts the better. Never felt less excited for a while, usually I am counting down the days until kick off.

If we find ourselves in the bottom 3 in October - a feat achieved by Hughes in 2 of his 3 full seasons - no doubt the clamour for his head will be even more deafening.

I was pro-Ince from the start and am still so, because I have seen no significant reason to change. Results and entertainment are all that interest me, so personally I'm going to wait a few games before even thinking of revising my opinion.

As was said I think by Drummer Boy, Hughes could probably see his reputation taking a hammering this year if he had stayed, so I don't think we are any worse off than we otherwise would have been.

This has to be one of the longest two months I've experienced.

From the time MH left to date, it just seems to have been, one long drag.

For me the only real excitement, was the signing of a spotty pineapple, guess that just about sums it up.

To the strengthening of the squad, there is without doubt caution being displayed for what ever reason.

I get the feeling, that we are not at all sure of who best fits our requirements.

Ince I assume has a player MO, but maybe they are just not out there at the moment.

To take second best (stop gap), has never been a winning formula in any walk of life.

I'm not saying we should p!ss the money against the wall, but one more good signing could make all the difference, for the fans, and the squad for moral.

Has PI & JW looked at all the options, and decided (hopefully) for a mid table finish this season, and move on from there. Very dangerous we have players who have personal goals (Europe etc.), they will not hang around. January could even be far worse than this window for players wanting to exit.

We all call this the silly season, but how many managers do you hear saying, January is manic, with over inflated prices, and fewer players available.

This is what really bothers me, if we don't get what is needed now, what's the same product going to cost in Jan.

On a brighter side at least our six finger friends are bottom of the Chumps league, long may it last :rolleyes:

Archived