BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fergy recommended Knox for a Premier league job, I consider his opinion to be more accurate.

Really? Well given that Carlos Queiroz has gone why has Fergie not picked up the phone for Knox? He must have our number cos he's just nicked Steele off us.

I don't want to unecessarily criticise but dos antbody find it odd that when Paul Ince flexed his muscles 3 days ago and declared firmly that he would allow no more players to leave the club, (in the style that he denied Bents and Freidel were off too). Since then we've done nothing but fend off bids for Warnock and Santa Cruz! Today JW apparently is the one issuing the 'hands off' warnings which I find totally odd. At every other club (and ours included up to this May) the manager would have issued the statements to the press. Do you hear the arsenal / MU / Lpool / City / Vlla / Newcastle / Chelsea / Portsmouth etc etc chairmen even issuing a chirp to the media in these situations?

Do you hear the arsenal / MU / Lpool / City / Vlla / Newcastle / Chelsea / Portsmouth etc etc chairmen even issuing a chirp to the media in these situations?

Yes, Im pretty sure I have heard David Gill, Garry Cook, Peter Kenyon and Peter Storrie amongst others on TV more than once this summer

Really? Well given that Carlos Queiroz has gone why has Fergie not picked up the phone for Knox? He must have our number cos he's just nicked Steele off us.

I don't want to unecessarily criticise but dos antbody find it odd that when Paul Ince flexed his muscles 3 days ago and declared firmly that he would allow no more players to leave the club, (in the style that he denied Bents and Freidel were off too). Since then we've done nothing but fend off bids for Warnock and Santa Cruz! Today JW apparently is the one issuing the 'hands off' warnings which I find totally odd. At every other club (and ours included up to this May) the manager would have issued the statements to the press. Do you hear the arsenal / MU / Lpool / City / Vlla / Newcastle / Chelsea / Portsmouth etc etc chairmen even issuing a chirp to the media in these situations?

We have a weak manager, but Rovers football club and all associated with it are mature enough to give Paul Ince all the help he can get.

Ince is on massisve learning curve at our club which will make or break him, as a player on the field he lived by his decisions and got a good career out of it, now he will have to live or die by his decision making off the pitch which should be very interesting.

Hes got his chance now. Though already his player recruitment is showing all kinds of weaknesses that will just kill his premiership managerial career.

Why does everybody feel that Bowen was so brilliant? If anything it was Niedzwicki who had been working for Arsene Wenger and had obviously learnt how to coach football players.

As much as Hughes and Bowen did a terrific job for us, I don't think they ever achieved the potential of the squad. Regarding fitness, at times last season some of our players looked well out of shape at various stages. For example, Pedersen, Dunn, Reid.

I don't mean to knock Hughes and his wonderteam too much because they were a very big success with the club, but the way some people go on about them and then are critical of Ince's methods is disappointing because as I said our squad underperformed last season. Granted it was Hughes who put the team together, we should have had far more to show for it in the end.

RE: thenodrog

Rovers, since Williams, have always publicly come across as a team. In that respect I mean that one day JW may make a statement, the next day it may have been Hughes. That's just the way the club is run. I don't understand either how or indeed why you would even attempt to find some criticism in that.

As I said, if you believe Brad handed in a request while we had no manager, why was he saying in public that JW had assured him we'd have a new manager soon? Also, why did he come out and say he hoped Ince got the job? Hardly the comments of a man on his way out, are they?

They could be the comments of a man who was told to wait until the new manager came in before he would be allowed to leave. Also, a man who has enough respect for his employers to play along until that happened.

And Jan, I would think it was company spin coming from anyone but Lee. He's never been a spinmeister on here about things like that.

I don't mean to knock Hughes and his wonderteam too much

Now I think about it, most references I heard about our wonderful coaching staff came from Hughes himself. I didn't see much on the pitch last season re fitness and tactics to suggest we had anything but a bog standard if not slightly dodgy set-up. Fitness was an ongoing issue, corners a nightmare at both ends, and defensively inept more often than not.

Now I think about it, most references I heard about our wonderful coaching staff came from Hughes himself. I didn't see much on the pitch last season re fitness and tactics to suggest we had anything but a bog standard if not slightly dodgy set-up. Fitness was an ongoing issue, corners a nightmare at both ends, and defensively inept more often than not.

Totally agree with you, the last half of last season was hard to watch as the team seemed to lack interest or ambition made worse by the old "long ball" game with RSC the target every time (as if the oposition did'nt know) where he was closely marked.Added to that he was played on the wing too much and Reid at right back was another Mark Hughes special.I'm sorry but Mark Hughes is not the best manager around imo and this will become evident soon.

If Paul Ince is able perform as a manager the way he did as a player then we're in safe hands and I'm not talking about his football skills but his attitude to the game, he was tough uncompromising and wanted only one thing and that was to win. If all he could do was to install that attitude into the team then he and Rovers are going to succeed.

A player with less skills but the right attitude will outperform a player with better skills but is not interested in applying effort.

Having installed the right attitude in the team and putting players in the right positions the results will come and I think he will become an excellent premier league manager especially with a season or two under his belt.

Totally agree with you, the last half of last season was hard to watch as the team seemed to lack interest or ambition made worse by the old "long ball" game with RSC the target every time (as if the oposition did'nt know) where he was closely marked.Added to that he was played on the wing too much and Reid at right back was another Mark Hughes special.I'm sorry but Mark Hughes is not the best manager around imo and this will become evident soon.

If Paul Ince is able perform as a manager the way he did as a player then we're in safe hands and I'm not talking about his football skills but his attitude to the game, he was tough uncompromising and wanted only one thing and that was to win. If all he could do was to install that attitude into the team then he and Rovers are going to succeed.

A player with less skills but the right attitude will outperform a player with better skills but is not interested in applying effort.

Having installed the right attitude in the team and putting players in the right positions the results will come and I think he will become an excellent premier league manager especially with a season or two under his belt.

Giving the new manager the benefit of the doubt before a ball has been kicked in anger? Oh dear! there will a few on here frothing at the mouth at that!

Tin hat on!

"Though already his player recruitment is showing all kinds of weaknesses that will just kill his premiership managerial career."

Chilean Player of the Year

England goalkeeper

Man Utd reserve right back

The fact that he has not signed Andrews, Fowler or anybody else shows the exact opposite of what you have said! Weaker managers would spend that money instantly, i.e. Reed, Dowie- Charlton on inferior players.

Each of the above should improve the first 11.

I asked a question a few days ago which is yet to be answered.

When has Paul Ince ever failed at anything he has persued in his entire professional career?

I'm still quietly confident this could be a good season. I bit of adversity can do everyone a bit of good. In my opinion, the unrest is down to the fact alot of people are out of a confort zone for the first time in a fair few years.

They don't like it when a new bloke comes in and they have to prove themselves all over again, especially when they have to prove themselves in totally different way, and within new methods and routines.

According to a few around here Friedel was forced out, thus insinuating that he was happy to stay. In which case by my book the only bloke who was desperate to leave was Bentley, who has admitted he told the old manager he wanted to leave. Add to this the possibility of Warnock, who it seems may be having his head turned by an old mate (Owen?) and a guy who is a legend at a club (Keegan) Warnock has alot of love for, it's hardly the player revolt many are harping about.

Infact, I've only heard players talk about trying to change for the new man. It's clear he has new ideas, but from the interviews I've read, everyone is onside trying to adapt to them. Only one cockney rudeboy has opposed and whatever, cheers for the £17m.

I'm also pleased with the incomings, and whilst one or two new faces are still needed, as far as I can see not one penny has been wasted.

So, in conclusion, the new season starts tommorrow, and if we hadn't changed our manager I bet everyone would be pretty happy and optimistic with the summer, especially with the reinforced creativity in midfield, and the retention of our prized assets bar one, which was to be expected. We are a win and a big signing away from a bit of realisation around here, I just hope both come very soon.

Giving the new manager the benefit of the doubt before a ball has been kicked in anger? Oh dear! there will a few on here frothing at the mouth at that!

Tin hat on!

Let them froth, it's time to get behind BLACKBURN ROVERS Manager instead of making derogatory comments based on flimsy stories. :rolleyes:

Now where's my bloody tin hat.........

"Though already his player recruitment is showing all kinds of weaknesses that will just kill his premiership managerial career."

Chilean Player of the Year

England goalkeeper

Man Utd reserve right back

The fact that he has not signed Andrews, Fowler or anybody else shows the exact opposite of what you have said! Weaker managers would spend that money instantly, i.e. Reed, Dowie- Charlton on inferior players.

Each of the above should improve the first 11.

Ex England goalie dont for get!

Chilean player of ther year hes on loan and the way these loanees are working out I seriously dont think Rovers will have the conviction to follow it through IF he is successful.

An unproven Man U reserve WOW!

Please lets put some reality into all of this and lets not get carried away with fantasy in that they are better than what they really are .

Ex England goalie dont for get!

Chilean player of ther year hes on loan and the way these loanees are working out I seriously dont think Rovers will have the conviction to follow it through IF he is successful.

An unproven Man U reserve WOW!

Please lets put some reality into all of this and lets not get carried away with fantasy in that they are better than what they really are .

FACT: Paul Robinson is an England International, he has been called up by Capello for recent squads so is not "Ex anything"

FACT: We have signed Carlos and if we like what we see, we WILL sign him for a FIXED price which has been arranged already.

FACT: We have a highly promising youngster from Man Utd who has pace, skill and likes to get forward- unproven? ofcourse but that is why he is here to prove he can make it in the premier league.

Reality is that we are actually ONE player up already from last season, with a couple of good signings we will be much stronger than last season.

According to a few around here Friedel was forced out, thus insinuating that he was happy to stay. In which case by my book the only bloke who was desperate to leave was Bentley, who has admitted he told the old manager he wanted to leave. Add to this the possibility of Warnock, who it seems may be having his head turned by an old mate (Owen?) and a guy who is a legend at a club (Keegan) Warnock has alot of love for, it's hardly the player revolt many are harping about.

Very true shillitoe .... it's only a revolt by the better ones! :rolleyes: The poorer ones will stick like sh1t to a blanket and be picking their ridiculous wages up till hell freezes over.

Reality is that we are actually ONE player up already from last season, with a couple of good signings we will be much stronger than last season.

We keep speculating about those but till we sign em we are all waiting with bated breath. But imy I will look forward to your comments on 1/09/08 with same bated breath.

JAL and thenodrug......similar to when the CD sticks on the CD player and you have to get up to forward to the next track.

You both need to question the words "fan" and "supporter" cos the season starts tomorrow.

Lets talk about crowds and Blackburn Rovers again!

FACT: Paul Robinson is an England International, he has been called up by Capello for recent squads so is not "Ex anything"

FACT: We have signed Carlos and if we like what we see, we WILL sign him for a FIXED price which has been arranged already.

FACT: We have a highly promising youngster from Man Utd who has pace, skill and likes to get forward- unproven? ofcourse but that is why he is here to prove he can make it in the premier league.

I says its quantity, you think its quality, i'd say everything rests on Carlos and Robinson being huge huge successes, a big ask.

Picture this....Hughes had never left for City and no players had been bought or sold. We are going into next season the same as the last.

Would be be exited at the prospect of another season of drudgery???

We were lucky on several occasions last season and could have finished with 12 points less easily. Our goal difference was 18-20 goals worse than the two teams above us. Only 2 sides scored significantly less goals at home than we did.

Seven homes games with 20K or less on and and avereage of 23K despite generous offers from the club doesn't indicate that people were gagging to get down to Ewood does it.

I can't see that the team this season would have been any better than last, and we didn't suffer too badly from injuries either.

So the season is about to start again and I feel some anticipation mixed with fear of the unknown and of failure.

Last season I dreaded a trip to Ewood to endure a torturous first 45 at least with no chances from either side.

If things are going badly wrong it will be obvious soon enough, then the club must act quickly to stabilise things (phone Big Sam or something), until then lets wait and see.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport..._this_together/

Excellent article and for the Anti- Ince brigade, note the following comments:

(About training) "But everybody is enjoying it. If you watched us train, you would see us all with smiles on our faces"

(On Ince) “He (Ince) has a presence about him, which gets through to the players. He’s a charasmatic person.

But he’s very professional in his job. He knows what he wants when he talks to the players and knows what’s needed from us. We want to do well for him.”

Is that clear enough for everyone?

NOTE the use of the word "WE" and "ALL"

Archived