BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

Great passing, Dunn is doing good in the midfield. Pederson give Everton a very hard time. Midfield is like a different team from last year. We are good! And funny enough, we just lost bentley. Just that there is little spark from the right. Only if emerton are playing I believe it will be very different. Esp in term of speed.... Other than that, really can see our back room staff put in a lot of effort to make the best out of our player. They are really much much sharper than last year. Therefore, at least for this first match. TUMB UP FOR INCE!!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic!

I saw the game on an internet feed and we were fantastic.

We moved the ball around better than I have seen in a long time, didn't let our heads go down when we were losing as we always do. Really, really great stuff. For 45 minutes Everton hardly touched the ball.

Jesus Christ...we won...played well...Dunny scored a fantastic goal...Some of you on here are going to be upset on three accounts!!

Good start and I like the boyish smiles he has, just as when he played. Plus he doesnt seem to get carried away even after the winning goal...Good performance, good start...Now sign a couple of QUALITY players and we have a good chance of taking that UEFA Cup spot...

Very good display by Paul Ince's Blackburn Rovers team.

Well organised, well drilled, good formation, first to almost every loose ball, moved the ball well, great first time passing aided by some fantastic running off the ball by the midfielders and forwards.

Unlucky to lose the goal on half time to a highly doubtful free kick, but in the end the 3 points were well deserved.

Tactics were spot on, good substitutions, and set pieces looked better than in the recent past.

Oh, and by the way, that was at Goodison Park against Everton, the closest thing to the top four. Not beaten at home in the league in 2008 except by Chelsea.

There must be quite a few people who've been posting unsubstantiated, damaging rubbish on this MB for 6 weeks who feel really stupid tonight, and probably gutted about how well things have gone for Ince today.

Hopefully they will stop posting altogether, but if they do decide to creep back with their tails between their legs, I expect to read nothing but positives and praise for Paul Ince - because if anyone tries to take the negatives out of today they are quite simply in the wrong place supporting the wrong club.

Spot on Tris.

And another thing, iamarover posted a a couple of months a go commenting on MH and his interview persona. During his posted he asked 'when did one of Hughes' interviews ever give you even a semi?'

Well, that post match interview with Ince is full throttle stuff. Fair play to den for his comments in the post match thread; Just a few hundred others to follow.....

That wasn't a team which was anything but 100% behind the manager.

Spot on Tris.

And another thing, iamarover posted a a couple of months a go commenting on MH and his interview persona. During his posted he asked 'when did one of Hughes' interviews ever give you even a semi?'

Well, that post match interview with Ince is full throttle stuff. Fair play to den for his comments in the post match thread; Just a few hundred others to follow.....

That wasn't a team which was anything but 100% behind the manager.

Can anyone give a flavour of what he said, please?

There must be quite a few people who've been posting unsubstantiated, damaging rubbish on this MB for 6 weeks who feel really stupid tonight, and probably gutted about how well things have gone for Ince today.

Hopefully they will stop posting altogether, but if they do decide to creep back with their tails between their legs, I expect to read nothing but positives and praise for Paul Ince - because if anyone tries to take the negatives out of today they are quite simply in the wrong place supporting the wrong club.

I am one of those people and I hold my hands up here and now. I have got carried away and made too many posts but the more measured posts I have made have highlighted legitimate concerns.

Great result and performance today at a ground we don't like to play at...

I hope Ince continues to make me look a knob...

what do you think about that DROG, BISH, JAL, have faith in Mr Ince. No wonder you three will be singing Paul Ince's barmy army now you numpties

JAL has topped himself.

I am one of those people and I hold my hands up here and now. I have got carried away and made too many posts but the more measured posts I have made have highlighted legitimate concerns.

Great result and performance today at a ground we don't like to play at...

I hope Ince continues to make me look a knob...

Fair play to you.

Still part of the wait and see what happens group. Ince wasn't my choice but i am prepared to give him time and my support.

I have to say we were impressive today, some of the football we played was sublime, the best i've seen for some time. Most of it was on the ground as well, something we didn't see much last season.

From a personal standpoint today has gone towards winning me over.

what do you think about that DROG, BISH, JAL, have faith in Mr Ince. No wonder you three will be singing Paul Ince's barmy army now you numpties

I've held my hands up based on this game, let's see how the season pans out. I admit I've taken it too far but there are genuine concerns. If things carry on like this then that's great and I'll continue to hold my hands up. We need some good signings, and Paul Robinson in goal has to be a cause for concern. He ain't a good keeper...

I've held my hands up based on this game, let's see how the season pans out. I admit I've taken it too far but there are genuine concerns. If things carry on like this then that's great and I'll continue to hold my hands up. We need some good signings, and Paul Robinson in goal has to be a cause for concern. He ain't a good keeper...

It was a freak goal! Don't worry he will come good. Don't start aiming the hate mail at Robinson now! He's not Brad, but he's the best we have now!

Help him settle in and get his confidence back by typing positive stuff instead of negative all the time.

Enjoy today!

BBC Sport online...

Blackburn manager Paul Ince:

"The whole performance was fantastic, to come from behind TWICE and win was outstanding. I would have settled for a point at one stage."

The excitement got to him - BLESS!!! Have a good night Ince!

Yet again you're talking absolute rubbish where Dunn is concerned, he had a very good game last Saturday, and I'm sure was only substituted in line with the general plan of giving as many players as possible a run out.

He was subbed for injury reasons, unless the massive icepack on his leg was a tactical injury like Bellamy had at Newcastle :huh:

The thing with football is it's so erm, transitory? Can't be doing with the pitchforkers trying to change their tune based on one game. Let's try a bit of perspective, whilst we're all delighted with result, performance and lots more, as Rovers fans we're always more likely to flop against the tiddler sides than the biggies. Makes the Hull game even more important now.

If we'd have been battered today we would be preaching patience, so it's only fair to acknowledge all the good points and use them as motivation to continue & improve, not sit back & get the cigars out. We moan enough in reaction to one game, one performance etc. so it's right not to go overboard either. Hey, I'm as delighted as anyone, but it's over, we won and long may it continue. Think I preferred it when the pitchforkers are moaning - we digged at them enough for being too presumptuous in their critique so it's a tad rich for them to be as equally quick to criticise.

As one who has been critical of Ince I must hold my hands up and say that today he got an excellent performance from the team. I was particularly impressed with the way in which he has got more width into our game. The midfield looked very well balanced and he is clearly getting the best out of Aaron in the holding role and this, in turn, allowed Dunn and Reid to get forward with some purpose.

Whatever the problems behind the scenes he has clearly managed to get the players to play and I thought the team spirit was excellent. I must admit that I was impressed with the performance and the whole manner in which the team approached the game.

As I say, as one who was critical of his appointment I will gladly accept I was wrong if he can get more performances like this from the team.

Good win today but this is some rather large overacting. Even he admitted the players went up at the end despite his orders. If we show some good football in the next few games then we can start seeing his strengths and weaknesses.

Good win today but this is some rather large overacting. Even he admitted the players went up at the end despite his orders. If we show some good football in the next few games then we can start seeing his strengths and weaknesses.

No - all the over-reacting was before this game. Based on not a shred of evidence.

Rovers aren't going to go through the season undefeated, we'll lose some games we should have won, we'll be upset, happy, annoyed, pleased - and we'll find fault with referees, our own players, and of course our manager. That's football - at any level.

I've been visiting this site since 1996, and I've never seen such a sustained, vitriolic attack by our own fans on our own club and employees as over these last few weeks. What has really grated is that it's been based on nothing - except rumour and prejudice. I am so happy that now the season has started, future discussion can be based on facts, results, performances and visual evidence.

Fair play to the likes of Bish and Parsonblue for holding their hands up and giving credit where it's due. I notice Tugay4England and JAL are whimpering away on other threads but haven't had the balls to revisit this one, where they've spent the last 6 weeks slating anything and everything to do with Paul Ince.

It's a brilliant start from the 4th Division posse and the Pensioners. There's now a great opportunity to bag a home win against Hull, a midweek cup progression, and then we can approach the visit to Upton Park with confidence hoping to round off August with heads held high and the transfer window closing. After that - who knows?!?!?!

:rover:

I've got to say I thought the anti Incers would have had the courage of their convictions, after all the things that have been said, what they should be saying was that yesterday was a flash in the pan.

Now they're backtracking at a rate of knots.

He was always my original choice but I always said you have to judge him over ten or fifteen games.

I have every confidence, even more so after today, but it's pathetic really.

An excellent start by Rovers and an excellent start by Paul Ince. Early days I know but the "writing is on the wall" already with the evidence on the field yesterday that Rovers are in good hands.

Well done Rovers

Well done Paul Ince and his staff.

Archived