BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

Well done Mr Ince.. Impressed by the way the team played and the spirit, in which it was played.

Putting together a little run in the next couple of weeks should hoprefully settle everyone's nerves. Just need to keep RSC and Warnock and we are looking good.

IMO, We still look quite 'heavy' in terms of squad numbers..

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got to say I thought the anti Incers would have had the courage of their convictions, after all the things that have been said, what they should be saying was that yesterday was a flash in the pan.

Now they're backtracking at a rate of knots.

He was always my original choice but I always said you have to judge him over ten or fifteen games.

I have every confidence, even more so after today, but it's pathetic really.

We won and played well so credit has to be given, I am glad we are attacking more and that Ince is trying the youngsters. My concerns are still the same. There is certainly no need for Robbie Fowler and I think we can expect Paul Robinson to be at fault for more goals, I believe he is one of the leagues poorest keepers.

I enjoyed the football Rovers played yesterday having watched the game on Sky (just come back from doing Lands End to John O'Groats for charity this week on motorbikes). It was the way they played that was pleasing to the eye and the victory was just the icing on the cake. I'm not sure about Robinson's positioning on the first goal but it looked like he couldn't see the ball so couldn't react in time to get across to stop it... Overall, I was impressed with midfield which is something considering Mokoena was playing. He looked good though and Dunn was fantastic. One thing to say is that all the players looked up for it and all worked their socks off. Early days but the signs are good. Next week should be interesting! :)

Paul Ince - I take my hat off to you.

The press, television, and a large percentahe of our own supporters have given you sh*t since you arrived, but you said stuu in your (brilliant, passionate) post match interview that made me feel excited about the future of our team:

'I have been in football for 22 years - I dont need to justify myself to anyone'

'Its a fantastic result, I am just pleased for everyone connected with Blackburn'

Seeing you interaction with the players coming ioff the pitch was priceless - not witnessed for a long time.

One Love BRFC

Paul Ince - I take my hat off to you.

The press, television, and a large percentahe of our own supporters have given you sh*t since you arrived, but you said stuu in your (brilliant, passionate) post match interview that made me feel excited about the future of our team:

'I have been in football for 22 years - I dont need to justify myself to anyone'

'Its a fantastic result, I am just pleased for everyone connected with Blackburn'

Seeing you interaction with the players coming ioff the pitch was priceless - not witnessed for a long time.

One Love BRFC

More a case of an agenda fuelled vocal minority PP, who have been posting the same invective throughout the summer ad nauseum.

The most vocal of the critics have been quite happy to use this forum to promote their own egos at the expense of the club and the new manager.

Legends in their own minds.

Even the Sunday press have picked up on the criticism.

Time for a few posters to step back and to put things into perspective.

Why do I have to suffer you? I appreciate that I could put you on ignore. Then again when I read someone having to speak up in defence of Dunn it'll be obvious that it's in response to you anyway so what's the point of that? No one else seems to have it in for him as much as you do. Can't you seek medical help? We could have a whip round. Failing that why don't you just give it a rest. You've made your case and taken the word "tedious" to new levels.

Anyway - do I approve of the new manager? We're about to find out. 5-6 games should do it.

Good luck Incey.

Any response to that JAL?

Do I approve of the new manager? Who the hell am I? I'm absolutely delighted for him. As Tris has said there's been six weeks of bitching and moaning (I posted last week expressing despair, misery and angst as well) and yet all that actually matters are the result(s).

Yesterday was the first game that mattered since the 11th May. Pre-season means zilch - that is the time to try daft formations and players out of position etc. There was some tidy stuff played yesterday, room for improvement of course but we won. At Everton. Not many will. Bring on Hull! All of a sudden I'm very enthusiastic about our future. It's early days of course but let's be happy for a change!

Spot on Bob.

Lets face it, we have ALL had our doubts this summer with the appointment of Ince and its not been helped with the media pouring fuel onto the fire at every opportunity possible(and continuing to do so!)......they have had the knives out for him make no mistake and have been the main protagonists here,I feel that has influenced many a fans opinion through sheer frustration!

Hughes jumps 'Rovers sinking ship'! Player mutiny!! Poor training!!! The manager hasn't got a shiny coaching badge!!!!.....shout the Rovers hating bullshyte media.

At the end of the day he is our manager and all we can do as fans is support him the best we can.I felt he got a 'lukewarm' reception against Breda but lets see a good home crowd give him a very warm welcome against Hull...next Saturday cant come quick enough now!

Its about time we closed ranks folks and get on with the job together! :rover:

Paul always seems to have a wrong sized shirt and suit on though, and a little nervous in front of a camera/microphone. A bit like Norman Wisdom.

The suit did seem a little outsize, in contrast to what we've come to expect from Hughes and Souness. Nice Rovers badge sown on. Looked like a young lad on his first day at new school.

Tris - well said could nt agree more

Just looked back at my Aug 3rd post after wolves defeat and it says it all, some on here should be ashamed to wear blue and white halves

I'll stand by my views the day Hughes went to City- Big mistake Hughesy notJohn Williams lets have another bright passionate young manager in Paul Ince

Aug 3rd post....

Cant believe , actually I can , all this doom and gloom

Pre season is exactly that, it counts for nothing, its a chance to get ready for the season

Think last year or the year before villa lost all pre season games and were top after 3 games

Anyway give Ince and Team a chance if after 4 games we are looking poor then its a worry, but he's come into a dicey situation and needs time to assess the team

We need a RB and central midfield player he's got 2 weeks to find them and I am sure he will

I think probably the most impressive thing about yesterday was the way we played. We took the game to Everton and thoroughly deserved what we got. There was a lot of criticism about Ince prior to the season and the fact that a majority of people didn't think he was up to it. Well the team that started yesterday had only 1 Ince signing (Mr Robinson who was hardly brilliant) so it seems that he has taken Hughes' team and managed to get them playing exciting attacking football. Nice one, Incey.

It was a very encouraging start on the pitch for Ince, if we can keep that up for the season we'll do just fine.

However, certainly in the long run, a manager lives and dies by his signings, and I'm still not going to be at all comfortable until the window closes and we know who has come in. We still need a central midfielder and a right winger, and Ince HAS to get those right. I'll still be incredibly uncomfortable about his appointment if Keith Andrews is the central midfielder and we don't adequately replace Bentley. Then there's still the bloody Fowler issue.

Well after a fantastic game on the pitch on Saturday and a tremendous show of togetherness by the team, I am sure Paul could go to JW and the board and say; "Right, this is my £20m shopping list-let's go get them." And he'd get their backing.

Instead, we are after two players from MK Dons if the Mirror is correct.

Just hope its a fantastic smokescreen.

Everything I am hearing about how the warm=up was set-up on Saturday and the fitness of the players points to fears on that front post-Hughes are mis-placed.

Another big relief.

Any response to that JAL?

Do I approve of the new manager? Who the hell am I? I'm absolutely delighted for him. As Tris has said there's been six weeks of bitching and moaning (I posted last week expressing despair, misery and angst as well) and yet all that actually matters are the result(s).

Yesterday was the first game that mattered since the 11th May. Pre-season means zilch - that is the time to try daft formations and players out of position etc. There was some tidy stuff played yesterday, room for improvement of course but we won. At Everton. Not many will. Bring on Hull! All of a sudden I'm very enthusiastic about our future. It's early days of course but let's be happy for a change!

Just seen this so yes i'll respond Bob,

Doesnt matter who the manager of Rovers is to me but if they persue in securing a past-it 33 year old, a proven fourth division midfielder, then he has to be questioned, long term or short term even this is NOT the way forward for Rovers.

If the manager thinks this then sooner rather than later hes going to put Rovers football club in alot of trouble. Dont let one good result cloud your judgement Bob.

As for Dunny what i've stated in the past, the first six weeks is his opportunity to show, after this period the other premier league players reach their peak fitness and then Dunny seems to be left struggling as he doesnt have the pace or speed to impose himself effectvely on the field of play.

If come christmas this isnt the case and Dunny is doing really well I'll hold my hand up and say how surprised I am in Dunny's form, but was Dunny at fault for Evertons second goal by failing to win the ball in the centre of midfield, losing that ball put the whole of the back four under pressure and Everton duly scored. Critical moments for Dunny scored a cracker though.

Just seen this so yes i'll respond Bob,

Doesnt matter who the manager of Rovers is to me but if they persue in securing a past-it 33 year old, a proven fourth division midfielder, then he has to be questioned, long term or short term even this is NOT the way forward for Rovers.

If the manager thinks this then sooner rather than later hes going to put Rovers football club in alot of trouble. Dont let one good result cloud your judgement Bob.

As for Dunny what i've stated in the past, the first six weeks is his opportunity to show, after this period the other premier league players reach their peak fitness and then Dunny seems to be left struggling as he doesnt have the pace or speed to impose himself effectvely on the field of play.

If come christmas this isnt the case and Dunny is doing really well I'll hold my hand up and say how surprised I am in Dunny's form, but was Dunny at fault for Evertons second goal by failing to win the ball in the centre of midfield, losing that ball put the whole of the back four under pressure and Everton duly scored. Critical moments for Dunny scored a cracker though.

I have only been on this site a matter of months but I am assuming that you had similar issues with the signings of Berner, Henchoz, Rigters, Jeffers, Enkleman, Savage and the direction in which Hughes was taking the club or are the issues reserved for Ince only?

You talk as if the 33 year old forward and the fourth division footballer are the only people he is pursuing!!

Chilean footballer of the year? i would argue this is one of THE most exciting potential signings that Rovers have made in years.

Andrews has spent most of his career in the 2nd tier of football and was the youngest captain ever for Wolves (but dont let that stop you from insulting him)

We sign Rigters, who does what exactly? He cost us £350K and we are now paying his wages whilst he plays in the Championship, but there is a problem with signing a premiership legend who will cost us money when he actually plays, I can see why you have a problem with this... :rolleyes:

There is still a long way to go.

It was a great day and if things carry on like we'll be fine.

Ince was not my first or even second choice as manager. There are others I'd prefer. I stand by that.

Ince clearly deserves a chance. Something he may now get thanks to the result on Saturday.

Let's not get too excited. Charlton once won 5-0 on the opneing day and were still relegated.

Big game against Hull. It's important we rack up some points early doors.

As one who has been distinctly worried pre season can I just congratulate Paul Ince and the boys on a great win on Saturday.

A hell of a lot of positives to take such as the performances of Roberts and Mokoena, the playing of Dunn in his best position, the willingness to put Treacy on to try and win the game and the fact we were first to every loose ball. That was certainly a group of players who are 100% behind the manager.

A win against Hull would be great now, but for me just as important is that the same footballing philosophy is maintained for the rest of the season.

Very well done Ince and the coffin dodgers.

As one who has been distinctly worried pre season can I just congratulate Paul Ince and the boys on a great win on Saturday.

A hell of a lot of positives to take such as the performances of Roberts and Mokoena, the playing of Dunn in his best position, the willingness to put Treacy on to try and win the game and the fact we were first to every loose ball. That was certainly a group of players who are 100% behind the manager.

A win against Hull would be great now, but for me just as important is that the same footballing philosophy is maintained for the rest of the season.

Very well done Ince and the coffin dodgers.

Have to point out LD that Ince publicly admitted that he was trying to settle for a draw in those final minutes and not as you perceive to go on and win the game, the team went on to win it.

Great result though!

Archived