BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

I dont think it needs to be pinned up anywhere, the players and staff know this already- as shown by the performance.

Regardless of what results are like in the next few games, this is a benchmark which has shown me what the team is capable of.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Ince has been vicitimised by the media and shamefully by a number of "supporters" which is why I feel you are getting some flak T4E (rightly or wrongly)

I'm in the slightest bit bothered by "flak", I'm happy to debate with anyone who actually wants to address a point I've made. It's just that that's not what is happening.

I dont think it needs to be pinned up anywhere, the players and staff know this already- as shown by the performance.

Regardless of what results are like in the next few games, this is a benchmark which has shown me what the team is capable of.

I hope you're right. Unfortunately however, our recent history is littered with personnel who thought the likes of Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa, Newcastle United et al were a step up from Blackburn Rovers. It's great to see a player, furthermore our captain, coming out and saying it in no uncertain terms.

T4E is very quiet isn't he - no sign of him on this thread since Saturday. Wonder why ...

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=661509

Nice one Tris. The above post could have been written in response to the above, two days in anticipation. Not that you're predictable or anything :lol:

That post isn't in this thread. Which is strange, because you've been marauding all over this thread since Ince was appointed slagging off everything to do with the guy, so for you to avoid it like the plague since 5pm on Saturday speaks volumes.

As for dragging Manc Blue into a conversation about respecting opinions, get real. You've been more vociferous, sarcy, condescending and wrong on this than anyone else on the MB, if that stance has come back and bitten you on the arse and you don't like it then tough.

Why would I post the same thing in here, that would be repetitive and boring, wouldn't it? Or does that just apply when I say something you don't agree with? I haven't avoided it like the plague in the slightest, I gave my reaction to Saturday's match in the thread that relates to Saturday's match.

You, Chris and a few others seem to have a real problem with me in particular expressing my concerns re: Ince. There are certain people on this messageboard being far more negative than me even now, yet here I getting both barrels from you yet again. I'm not really sure why that is, and to be honest I really don't care. If you cannot have a reasoned conversation with me, put me on ignore.

I think you are in a minority of one with the extreme stances you have taken against Duunn, Ince and Fowler.

One thing to have doubts, another to be so didactic.

I'm not anti-Ince, just dont/cant accept Robbie Fowler at all at this stage of his career, I find it a very harmful decision for Blackburn Rovers football club despite all the rhetoric trying to reason otherwise.

Square root of dididly squat comes to 15k plus a week with no sell on value - what a waste of money, with no progression of the first teams results whatsoever, hes like an unwanted christmas present.

What will be next? Ince's shirt the wrong colour?

We won. End of story

Funny you should say that Billy, dont think Ince suits Grey, he could get away with something far brighter and thats no joke by the way.

How can it be harmful? He won't be on huge wages, he won't prevent other players from getting a chance as it isn't like we are bursting with young attacking talent. He may help someone like Derbyshire fully come to grips with the premiership. He may make one or two important cameos late on in games.

There's no fee, so as long as the wages aren't very high, which I very much doubt they would be seeing as he's been outside of the premiership before this and it isn't as if Ince offers the wages, then at worst it simply won't have any real effect on our season.

15k a week if he doesn't play? I doubt it.

Common sense tells me that Ince does not want to waste money on any player. As a PL manager he must be inundated with requests from agents telling him that this player is superb, have a look at this one. It is a tough call which is why SHORT TERM the likes of Fowler and Simpson are excellent pieces of business because it gives him the chance to spend longer looking for potential players.

JAL- Have you seen Andrews play? I have not so will reserve judgement on him before this happens. The likes of Berner came with average CV's to say the least- how was a 29 year old Swiss bit part player going to push us "to the next level"?!

MK Dons say he has a brilliant engine and will do a "Savage" job for us, you cannnot condemn the player before he has played for us, a prime example is RSC, his record of 5 goals a season caused a great fuss but look what happened?

Hope your right, have no problem whatsoever with Simpson young lad fresh all to prove, Fowlers old nothing to prove because hes done it all and his body has packed in.

Why would I post the same thing in here, that would be repetitive and boring, wouldn't it? Or does that just apply when I say something you don't agree with? I haven't avoided it like the plague in the slightest, I gave my reaction to Saturday's match in the thread that relates to Saturday's match.

You, Chris and a few others seem to have a real problem with me in particular expressing my concerns re: Ince. There are certain people on this messageboard being far more negative than me even now, yet here I getting both barrels from you yet again. I'm not really sure why that is, and to be honest I really don't care. If you cannot have a reasoned conversation with me, put me on ignore.

I'll have a go.

Do you accept that Nelsen's comments refute entirely the rumour and innuendo peddled by the gutter press?

Do you accept that you were suckered into believing their baseless accusations of player unrest and lack of respect for the manager's methods?

How can it be harmful? He won't be on huge wages, he won't prevent other players from getting a chance as it isn't like we are bursting with young attacking talent. He may help someone like Derbyshire fully come to grips with the premiership. He may make one or two important cameos late on in games.

There's no fee, so as long as the wages aren't very high, which I very much doubt they would be seeing as he's been outside of the premiership before this and it isn't as if Ince offers the wages, then at worst it simply won't have any real effect on our season.

ANY money poured down the drain is harmful and as I have said before it sends out all the wrong signals.

I'll have a go.

Do you accept that Nelsen's comments refute entirely the rumour and innuendo peddled by the gutter press?

Do you accept that you were suckered into believing their baseless accusations of player unrest and lack of respect for the manager's methods?

In case you missed it, here's my take on Nelsen's comments -

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=662170

I'm not sure I accept that it refutes it entirely. I can't help thinking that Newcastle were given some encouragement in the early stages of their Warnock pursuit, for example. There has been a lot of talk over the last few weeks, and generally I find if you follow the "no smoke without fire" principle then you don't go far wrong. That said, I'm delighted that our captain and probably most respected player has said what he said. It's a huge boost.

Not sure about suckered in, either. I've been told things that have not immediately made the national press, some of which have come out a week or two after I heard about them. I think it would be foolish to completely ignore things like these. I wouldn't claim such stories to be gospel truth, but neither would I blindly accept that they aren't.

The display on Saturday (both on the pitch and off of it) has done a lot to make me feel more at ease than I did. Having said that, one swallow does not make a summer. I'm very hopeful that we carry on as we've started, as I'm sure we all are.

If you look back through what you've posted recently, and you still don't understand how people have become upset - then either you've regressed academically since last time we met or you're on a wind-up.

Still at it now, with your latest post referring to "rumour" / "things you've heard" / "no smoke without fire" - nothing of any substance, but desperately trying to maintain there's something wrong at Rovers. At least Bish came on here on Saturday and held his hands up.

I can't be arsed prolonging this though, I've made my point (and maintain that it needed to be made) - how you choose to "support" Rovers is up to you.

2774727140_7accb26206_m.jpg

I looked back through earlier. No, don't see it. Feel free to enlighten me as to what is so disgraceful.

If I hear something from a source I respect, I tend to bear it in mind. I know you do the same, we had a discussion over PM about Brad that confirmed as much.

So far on the pitch Paul Ince has shown my fears to be without foundation. I am absolutely over the moon about that. I'd like to think you know me well enough to know that I care about Blackburn Rovers. Infact, I thought both you and Chris did. I've been shocked by the strength of your reactions against me, but so be it. You've every right to say whatever you think is right. As have I.

In case you missed it, here's my take on Nelsen's comments -

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=662170

I'm not sure I accept that it refutes it entirely. I can't help thinking that Newcastle were given some encouragement in the early stages of their Warnock pursuit, for example. There has been a lot of talk over the last few weeks, and generally I find if you follow the "no smoke without fire" principle then you don't go far wrong. That said, I'm delighted that our captain and probably most respected player has said what he said. It's a huge boost.

Not sure about suckered in, either. I've been told things that have not immediately made the national press, some of which have come out a week or two after I heard about them. I think it would be foolish to completely ignore things like these. I wouldn't claim such stories to be gospel truth, but neither would I blindly accept that they aren't.

The display on Saturday (both on the pitch and off of it) has done a lot to make me feel more at ease than I did. Having said that, one swallow does not make a summer. I'm very hopeful that we carry on as we've started, as I'm sure we all are.

That's a good response. I too think that Warnock was tapped up and maybe his head was turned. However, I also think that you were too receptive to the negative vibes (too much belief in the no smoke without fire thing) and, alas, you decided to vent your frustration on these boards. (Between you and me though, I think you are coming round B) !)

Thanks for the reply.

If Robbie Fowler never kicks a football again he will still never have another money worry in his life. The man owns a significant proprtion of Greater Manchester's housing stock. He can turn up at Liverpool supporters club dos for years to come and still be called "god". He certainly dosn't need to haul his backside out his pit every morning, drive about 50 miles to Brockhall and be put through the mill by Rovers training staff.

He is at Rovers because he is a professional athlete who is widely believed to be the best natural finisher the Premiership has seen. He believes he can be again and so does Paul Ince who has seen a few strikers close up in his time.

Folk can either be sensible and see this as a no lose pay-as-you play mutually beneficial agreement or alternatively use it as another stick to beat Paul Ince with.

T4E, other players,younger and with more to offer than Fowler WILL be signed by Incey for Rovers this season I'm sure....just stop worrying and get ready for Saturday!

He's nothing more than a utility player who could help behind the scenes,he still feels he has something to offer and fair play to him.

T4E, perhaps you should be feeling privlaged that you're being singled out. From memory you're contributions are thoughtful and well constructed. Some of your recent posts have made me wonder whether it's been the same person posting. I dunno, maybe this is what's got everyone a bit narked. I mean we're all used to JAL's anti Dunn rants and Thenodrog's endless pesimism and Philipl's contradicting, over the top fantasies he constructs on his cloud in cuckoo land.... apologies to those guys from singling them out, but just a thought.

You've been more vociferous, sarcy, condescending and wrong on this than anyone else on the MB, if that stance has come back and bitten you on the arse and you don't like it then tough.

Ahem....... I thought that acclaim was mine Tris (memo to self..must try harder). ^_^

BUT whilst all the in fighting is going on it's timely to remind all that

1. We are all BRFC fans and most have been for many years and ALL want BRFC to be as successful as possible. Maybe thats connected to the tensions running so high.

2. There is an old saying that 'football is all about opinions'.

3. We may have won our opening game (which appears to have suprised the 'Fors' just as much as the 'againsts' but since the end of last season we have all had one sh1t summer, with ever worse news following bad news.

4. Personally I have written on here that I am more upset about losing Hughes the businessman and talent scout than Hughes the manager. For once in my entire life BRFC was run by a manager as it should be and as I suspect as Jack Walker would have wished as a superb business model. Succesful and self financing and I still cannot see that continuing. I still don't like Ince's big headed 'guvnor' personality and I never shall just as I don't forget his attitude to BRFC either. He does not command my respect one bit and is replacing a man who did exactly that from the off.

5. Remember all that 'One swallow does not a summer make.'

T4E, perhaps you should be feeling privlaged that you're being singled out. From memory you're contributions are thoughtful and well constructed. Some of your recent posts have made me wonder whether it's been the same person posting. I dunno, maybe this is what's got everyone a bit narked. I mean we're all used to JAL's anti Dunn rants and Thenodrog's endless pesimism and Philipl's contradicting, over the top fantasies he constructs on his cloud in cuckoo land.... apologies to those guys from singling them out, but just a thought.

Appreciate the (sort of) compliment. I'd like to think you're right in what you're saying.

You would think though that, if what you're saying is correct, I'd be spoken to with slightly more respect than I have been over the last few days. Thats the only thing I've seen in this thread recently that could be described as disgraceful.

5. Remember all that 'One swallow does not a summer make.'

You're a wise man, Gord ;)

I still don't like Ince's big headed 'guvnor' personality and I never shall just as I don't forget his attitude to BRFC either. He does not command my respect one bit and is replacing a man who did exactly that from the off.

are you just buying into the lazy journalism again though gord?

it's been reported in some sections of the media that he's changed a lot since becoming a manager.

but i guess you still have the ince of man utd in your mind when you think about him!

I just hope that you give him a little time to prove you wrong!

I looked back through earlier. No, don't see it. Feel free to enlighten me as to what is so disgraceful.

If I hear something from a source I respect, I tend to bear it in mind. I know you do the same, we had a discussion over PM about Brad that confirmed as much.

So far on the pitch Paul Ince has shown my fears to be without foundation. I am absolutely over the moon about that. I'd like to think you know me well enough to know that I care about Blackburn Rovers. Infact, I thought both you and Chris did. I've been shocked by the strength of your reactions against me, but so be it. You've every right to say whatever you think is right. As have I.

I think the thing that irritates the most, is that you're one of the more respected members, so when you join in with all the kids and add significantly to the rumour, it does the club harm.

You're by no means the only one fella, but we all have a responsibility to stand up for the club in times of need - this summer was one of those times!

that aside - we all have our own opinions!

Good result on Saturday

Will be interesting to see the next few before eulogising. I remember Rovers 5 Wolves 1 on an opening day once. I thought we were going to win the league after that day. Needless to say we looked like a bunch of amateurs for much of the rest of the season. I kept that first day table up on my office wall for as long as I could, though.

If we get to 1 September with Roque and Warnock in situ and without Fowler, Andrews and the goalie fella from MK Dons, as well as not having lost the remaining games in the month, I'll be happy. (Pretty please another top-class midfielder and a right back too)

4. Personally I have written on here that I am more upset about losing Hughes the businessman and talent scout than Hughes the manager. For once in my entire life BRFC was run by a manager as it should be and as I suspect as Jack Walker would have wished as a superb business model. Succesful and self financing and I still cannot see that continuing. I still don't like Ince's big headed 'guvnor' personality and I never shall just as I don't forget his attitude to BRFC either. He does not command my respect one bit and is replacing a man who did exactly that from the off.

I agree with points 1,2,3 and 5. I think that you have taken the loss of Hughes harder than the rest of us. He was fantastic for the club - there is no arguing about that - but ultimately he decided that he couldn't take us any further. I think he was right. For him, it's just a career ..............we don't have the luxury of jumping ship just because the finances are tight - we're stuck with it!

So, now he's gone and I've moved on. I don't really care what he does now (actually I lied there, I hope he tanks at City - and I thought it was unprofessional of him to talk up his bid for RSC in the public domain). But really, along with Brad and Bentley their success or failure is irrelevant to us now. Nelsen's bit in the paper was brilliant and I'm sure put a lot of minds at rest. It's a pity he was at the Olympics or he could have said it earlier.

As for Ince, he was my first choice. I hated him as a player (because he was good and because he knew it!)....but I think he has grown up and I won't hold his arrogant behaviour of many years ago against him.

He doesn't come across like that anymore. He will get better with the media too, I am sure. I liked his demeanour during the match on Saturday..........he really enjoyed it didn't he?

Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree for now..........(I just need more evidence to convince you!)

Archived