BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anthony Annan

Dont get too excited because Annan is perhaps a good player in the norwegian tippeliga, but there is no way he will stand out in the premier league, NO WAY.

If he has impressed Ince enough, and stood out above Reid et al, then he's got to have something about him. Ince was a midfielder he has to now what it will take ti suceed in that role, Hughes signed some good strikers so it stands to reason that Ince should be able to do the same.

One last look he'll do well and then become a Rover!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont get too excited because Annan is perhaps a good player in the norwegian tippeliga, but there is no way he will stand out in the premier league, NO WAY.

maybe. maybe not. i have no idea at this point. its hard to judge from the relatively slow premiership in norway. i think if they make sure he puts on some more muscles etc, then he can be good. personally i have not seen him that much, but he must be something since he is all over the press every week, and stabæk are freaking out over the prospect of loosing him. and essien wanted chelsea to sign him. if the price is not high, i say sign him! but if the price is 3-ish im not so sure. i have a feeling nicko is not totally on about this one.

Reports do say that the price is 2.5m euro, which wouldn't be too bad, although he is unproven in the Premier, but does have international caps from the ANC etc.

Will see after the weekend.

Reports do say that the price is 2.5m euro, which wouldn't be too bad, although he is unproven in the Premier, but does have international caps from the ANC etc.

Will see after the weekend.

Thats a pittance for a decent player. Even if he is bench fodder its good value.

Have we not scouted him before? Had we not seen him in the game just a days before he came here? All this would seem to do is give other clubs longer to come in for him. I know he's been around for a while and there hasn't been much concrete interest in him, but a team might decide to chance their arm seeing as he won't be too expensive.

Sounds like he's gone to Arsenal for a trial now if the link in Nickos thread is accurate.

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/arse...na-5512847.html

its is rubbish. the Start people says he will deffo NOT go on trial anywhere else. they urge every interested club to watch him in action with Stabæk.

he will 100% certainly be sold before the transferwindow and rovers, arsenal, spanish and french clubs are interrested. it all depends on who will pay the most. and it is NOT set any price.

i believe he will cost at least 3m GBP.

its is rubbish. the Start people says he will deffo NOT go on trial anywhere else. they urge every interested club to watch him in action with Stabæk.

he will 100% certainly be sold before the transferwindow and rovers, arsenal, spanish and french clubs are interrested. it all depends on who will pay the most. and it is NOT set any price.

i believe he will cost at least 3m GBP.

If they want 3million for him then he won't be coming to Blackburn. Not unless we can raise cash from selling Benni or Warnock.

Point is, NO of our central midfielders are more than ok premier league players. This is why we need a really good player, like when we signed Ferguson (yes he was our best player for a number of games).

When are we ever going to learn? If you take a player on trial and make the whole thing and every aspect of it public knowledge, including a statement that the player did very well on his trial and the manager is very keen to bring him in, adding also that his club is desperate for the money which wont be much anyway.......... then how on Earth can you be surprised or hurt that some other rival club with more pull has nipped in to usurp the deal? Completely idiotic and childish naivety displayed by the club on this one. We don't deserve to get him!

That's my take on it as well Fife, I'll be enraged if he ends up at Arsenal because we've been messing about.

I can't believe for a second that the deal hinges on how he performs in a competitive match for his current club, there's obviously something else going on.

I agree. That reason is beyond a joke. They could easily obtain full match video of every match he has played so far in the Norwegian League as well as African Nation's Cup. A very strange way to conduct their business indeed...

They could easily obtain full match video of every match he has played so far in the Norwegian League as well as African Nation's Cup. A very strange way to conduct their business indeed...

I agree.

I'm assuming Ince has seen videos of Annan from previous matches and that’s why he was invited on a trial to see him close up. From reports in the media and from the club directly Annan has impressed Ince on his trial. Not sure I see the point in wanting to see him in another game for his current club.

We only have ourselves to blame if he goes to another club. If the rumoured interest from Arsenal is genuine and solid then we have likely lost him already.

I agree.

I'm assuming Ince has seen videos of Annan from previous matches and that’s why he was invited on a trial to see him close up. From reports in the media and from the club directly Annan has impressed Ince on his trial. Not sure I see the point in wanting to see him in another game for his current club.

We only have ourselves to blame if he goes to another club. If the rumoured interest from Arsenal is genuine and solid then we have likely lost him already.

Nicko is going to enlighten us all tonight.

It is a strange one though, the reports have suggested that Ince and JW have been delighted with him and he couldn't have done much more. I'd be surprised if we have let him go back without having some kind of first option or something. If he's open to everyone then we stand a good chance of losing him.

If Arsenal are genuinely interested then the only thing we can really offer which they can't is a chance of regular first team football. They however can offer champions league football plus Wengers record of developing youngsters.

I'm hoping that a few wires have got crossed somewhere and that everything is still fine and we are either waiting for a work permit, awaiting paperwork to be done regarding the transfer or possibly we've agreed to let him play his last game before we sign him (Would be strange though in case of injuries).

It's an interesting one that's for sure, if he performed so well on trial I can't think why we wouldn't want him unless Start have suddenly starting asking for a high transfer fee?

I'm hoping that a few wires have got crossed somewhere and that everything is still fine and we are either waiting for a work permit, awaiting paperwork to be done regarding the transfer or possibly we've agreed to let him play his last game before we sign him (Would be strange though in case of injuries).

It's an interesting one that's for sure, if he performed so well on trial I can't think why we wouldn't want him unless Start have suddenly starting asking for a high transfer fee?

I'm pretty sure Start is desperate to sell. They got relegated last year from the top division and loaned out Annan to Stabæk just to give Annan a better shopping window. The fact that the sale hasn't happened yet will make them pretty desperate the closer it gets to the window. I also think Start 's economy relies on a sale which gives Rovers a good bargain position. I think he could be bought in the 1.5 mill region if there is no bidding war.

Fact is simple. We want him. so do arse. No bid. No asking price. He will be sold. Start want to trigger a bidding war. And he will not go for under 2m. Trust me.

I don't think it established that Arsenal want him other than to have a look at him through training. I'd be very surprised if they bid for him. Start also admits that there is no concrete bids, just agents asking on behalf of clubs for the price. Seems a bit like the MGP situation where he was scouted by several clubs, but only Rovers followed up with a bid.

I'd started to feel optimistic about our season and Ince, this may not really be that big of a deal in the long run, but it's ruined my mood.

I agree. If what nicko has said is true then i have to wonder. We can only hope that the hype was bigger then the player and the manager and coaches saw something they didn't like or there was nothing to see. They know more then i do but, i am having doubts.

I'd started to feel optimistic about our season and Ince, this may not really be that big of a deal in the long run, but it's ruined my mood.

It's completely ruined mine. Someone like Annan isn't going to lose value quickly, we should have just paid the £2 million or whatever and if it didn't work out just sell him next summer. Ince could make us a laughing stock if he continuously tries to loan established international players. Maybe he just has as much faith in himself as we do and isn't prepared to put his money where his 'judgement' is. <_<

I have an early call to make in the morning but cannot get to sleep for the recurrent nightmare that we are about to buy Keith Andrews rather than Anthony Annan.

Not buying Dave Gregory suddenly came to me in a nasty flashback.

Archived