BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anthony Annan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get your acts together.

Annan is still a target for Rovers and I believe a bid will be made this weekend or the beginning of next week.

The asking price from Start is approx £2m. I believe the Arsenal rumours are flogging around to push the price.

Start IK, the club who owns Annan will defently try to push the price, because they have bad economy AND the player is partially ownd by Sport Entertainment Media Group (SEM) who also will take a share from the sale.

Get your acts together.

Annan is still a target for Rovers and I believe a bid will be made this weekend or the beginning of next week.

The asking price from Start is approx £2m. I believe the Arsenal rumours are flogging around to push the price.

Start IK, the club who owns Annan will defently try to push the price, because they have bad economy AND the player is partially ownd by Sport Entertainment Media Group (SEM) who also will take a share from the sale.

I so hope your correct... :mellow:

Ok.

Just came home from the game. Didn't see and didn't hear about any representatives from Blackburn or other English clubs.

About Annan;

He looked like a class act!

He had great movement and was very stable defensively. He played as a holding midfielder for Stabæk, but also contributed offensively and was also close to scoring a goal.

I will say he is the type of midfielder we need. He is a holding type who is very confident with the ball and very good with possession. I think he only had 2 or tops 3 wrong passes. He also made a couple of very strong tackles.

The only thing negative about him is that he seems very weak and would probable be too small physically to fit into EPL.

I think that IF Rovers were watching Annan, they will put in a bid tonight or tomorrow.

Ok.

Just came home from the game. Didn't see and didn't hear about any representatives from Blackburn or other English clubs.

About Annan;

He looked like a class act!

He had great movement and was very stable defensively. He played as a holding midfielder for Stabæk, but also contributed offensively and was also close to scoring a goal.

I will say he is the type of midfielder we need. He is a holding type who is very confident with the ball and very good with possession. I think he only had 2 or tops 3 wrong passes. He also made a couple of very strong tackles.

The only thing negative about him is that he seems very weak and would probable be too small physically to fit into EPL.

I think that IF Rovers were watching Annan, they will put in a bid tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers for the Info - how tall would you say he is? I was under impression he's 5-9 or so? Get some pies down him, he'll soon be right as rain - put him on the Benedict diet?

I still don't get that he's not worth a punt for 2 million, but who knows what Incey's weighing up. Wonder if all this shenanigans was just a ploy to barter down the cost, as indeed the Arsenal 'link' may have been one to up the cost?

Cmon folks, spit on your hands and do the deal, one way or t'other. Buy both, rather than buy none. Who knows, they may have a deal lined up for Moko & Reid (with luck). Buy Castillo as well, buy em all!

What?

Wikipedia's renowned for having some false information, due to it being user-edited, so it's always worth taking with a 'pinch of salt'.

My point being, if it says he's 5-9, he maybe somewhat shorter - though not 4 foot 3 (that's Judgey!)

Thanks again for the info, hot off the terraces! I'm disappointed you didn't manage to blag him and say you was a scout, ask him what really went on! Tell him we want him, proper bad.

If it's true that we were at the game watching him and he had a great game as well as impressing in the trial then there is no reason why we don't go for him.

If we end up losing a class act when we've had a top opportunity to sign him then we need to question the direction and ambition of the football club.

Let's hope we don't hear the words the following if Annan becomes a world superstar:

"Who needs Annan when we've got Keith Andrews"

Guest Kamy100

Lancashire Telegraph running an interview with Paul Ince regarding Annan. Ince was impressed with him but the club will not be held to ransom regarding transfer fees. So it seems that it was the transfer fees etc rather than Annan.

If it's true that we were at the game watching him and he had a great game as well as impressing in the trial then there is no reason why we don't go for him.

If we end up losing a class act when we've had a top opportunity to sign him then we need to question the direction and ambition of the football club.

Let's hope we don't hear the words the following if Annan becomes a world superstar:

"Who needs Annan when we've got Keith Andrews"

About Annan;

He looked class act in the Norwegian Tippeligaen (Top division) against a very poor team, second from the bottom in the League.

The difference between this and the EPL is miles. Daniel Braaten (Bolton), Kristoffer Hæstad (Wigan) also looked class acts.

He is defently a risk.

I think Start (Owners of Annan and his Agent) are trying to push the price as high as possible.

Remember he is unproven in the prem and he isn't even that young (22 yrs) old. He is also very small built.

Start have been trying to push a sale of Annan through for a long period of time. They were absolutely sure that Annan's price had gone up high after the ACN where he played a vital part for Ghana.

I don't think this Annan sage is over.

IF Ince liked what he saw and thinks he might be a useful addition to our squad the best thing to do might be to wait Start out and hope that he doesn't go anywhere. Start is in financial problems and will have to sell, until then they are trying to get as much as they can for Annan.

How many of us have actually seen him play?

I've seen him a bit at the ACN and was impressed as were a few others. We have quite a few members from Norway who have seen a lot of him and who aren't entirely convinced. In other words, we don't know for sure that we are missing out on the next great. I would like us to sign him because I think he is worth the risk and because, based on what I have seen, he will probably be a very good player. Having said that, Ince has seen him up close and Ince should know as well as anyone what makes a good central midfielder. Wenger has signed some duds, Ferguson has signed some duds, the fact that they are interested doesn't mean that he is worth buying. They also get linked with a ton of players and I am sure, especially in the case of Wenger, look at a ton of players.

We have to sign two central midfielders in my opinion, Annan doesn't have to be one of them.

Watching the UEFACup game.

Alanzinho looks sharp.

Annan occupies the centre circle well and keeps the game flowing nicely but has lost posession a few times with inaccurate passes.

When Rennes press he is tending to disappear after an impressive opening. Annan looks tiny.

I'd started to feel optimistic about our season and Ince, this may not really be that big of a deal in the long run, but it's ruined my mood.

It's completely ruined mine. Someone like Annan isn't going to lose value quickly, we should have just paid the £2 million or whatever and if it didn't work out just sell him next summer. Ince could make us a laughing stock if he continuously tries to loan established international players. Maybe he just has as much faith in himself as we do and isn't prepared to put his money where his 'judgement' is. <_<

Where's this Annan bloke going - was it Arsenal or Man Utd? Or Spain? Or Rovers?

I suppose we could still go back for him if nobody else fancies the punt ... maybe he'll even want to cash in on the loan he was offered at Ewood :lol:

There's a learning for lots of know-alls on this MB though. Players go to Brockhall to be tried out for a good reason. They are matched against what's already here and that's the best benchmark there is.

If the judgement of the staff is that Annan is not worth £2 million of our money, then so be it. Time for the know-alls to back the manager.

its awfully quiet on the annan front these days. all i know is that the racing santander bid is off because he is cup-tied and they didnt want that to happen (really smart to throw the bid in just a few hours before the match then :blink::wacko: )

have not heard of any new bidders

Archived