BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

time to haul robinson off the fella is jinxed. No way u get beaten from that angle...................shocking,shocking,shocking

that is so hard on the 10 outfield players, aaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhh u knew he was going to have a howler at some point, incredibly bad

1-1, Robison error apparentley.

Dubious free kick by all accounts.

Robbo was late to move but it was defo not a free kick, ball hit Reids arm as he jumped but was ball to hand and totally unintentional.

Ref has dfeinitely given lots of soft decisions Everton's way.

Rovers playing good stuff though.

Well an interesting first-half, we've been absolutely fantastic actually, and should be ahead were it not for a wonderful goal from Everton's only half-decent player. Not Robinson's fault at all, just a great bit of technique by Arteta. More of the same second-half and it's ours. Even Mokoena's played well...

Robbo howler 1-1

Hardly a 'howler', his starting position could have been better but it was a fantastic strike from Arteta.

Reid is equally to blame for stupidly having his arms up trying to block the cross. It wasn't intentional, but if you have your arms out like that and the ball strikes you there can be no complaints.

We've got more goals in us but Reid needs to stop going so narrow, Ooijer isn't comfortable overlapping so we have little down that side. He was fine for the first 15 minutes but since then has just been treading on Dunn's toes.

We need a proper replacement for Friedel!!! <_< Awful play from Robinson

I haven't seen it yet but rovers world said it is wasn't a howler, they said he could have done better, but that's the case with most goals. To be beaten by a free kick 2 yards outside the area isn't criminal, the reaction times are tiny.

Get over it and support Robinson, rather than getting on his back.

It's a shame but it was coming, just needed half time to come a minute sooner. Just got to hope that we can play the same football we did in the first half.

Cracking goal from Dunny, great left foot strike.

That was the best I have seen us play in a half for quite some time.

Entertaining football, pass and move, slicing open Everton's defence everytime we go forward.

I have seen the goal, Robbo could have been in a better position but as someone has already said you do not expect a shot from that position, it was certainly no howler.

More of the same please for the second half, I am very pleased with the performance, even Moko looks good!!

Get behind Robbo...

i thought we were solid, but don't quite know why the concensus here seems to be that we're playing very good stuff (i assume its being compared to our play last season). i thought we look like we're playing route one most of the time, although these have been mixed with some very good interplay, like that passage between roque and roberts. moko has been a very pleasant surprise - composed and comfortable on the ball. reid's crossing has improved beyond recognition - he probably produced more good crosses in that one half than he did all of last season. dunny too looks completely different from last season - good shot of motivation, that vice-captaincy!

all in all, i thought its been encouraging, and we've made a fairly good, solid start. everton's disarray probably made us look better than we were, but its a good platform for us to build on.

the everton goal - i thought robinson was slow to react, but it went in at an angle the wall was supposed to protect. cracking free kick though. hope robbos makes a couple of good saves to help his confidence. match still there to be won!

Archived