BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you gotta feel sorry for him! The post!

Still, that was a good display. Passing was generally good, movement was good, the whole team looked pacier for some reason! The defence was caught a bit for their second goal, but I have to say it was a good bit of play from Everton - no chance for the keeper either. I was a little worried when he came for that cross to Baxter, he misjudged it horribly but you will get that and I suspect him advancing put off the young lad.

Reid stayed tighter to the right for the second half, and played quite well there. Samba had his hands full with Yakubu but managed to deal with him for the most part. The times Yak got past him were heart stopping, though!

Roberts looked really good, worked hard. Dunny faded a bit in the latter stages of the game, I thought he'd be replaced earlier. He had a very good game for most of it though! And a great goal. Very pleased overall, I have to say! And winning will calm people, I suspect.

Bring on Hull - although they went and won today! After being a goal down, too! (Also HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA at Spuds)

Edit: Special metion for the Axe, he was very good today - played so well. And HAHAHAHAHAHAHA at Spuds again. A good day :)

What a marvelous start to Ince's reign. A more entertaining performance than most of last season put together; tactical supremacy for the most part; the whole team playing rather than just give it to Bentley then have a fag; never say die attitude coming from behind; positive substitutions, and a youth player coming on in the first game, and all away from home against the club who finished 5th.

I'm sure we will have our disappointments, but how sweet that all the Ince knockers will not have enjoyed watching that game.

Rovers - even the players and manager are probably unsure what our approach, formation and method will be or what will happen after 3pm on Saturday so we should take Everton by surprise.

If the team back themselves and the management Everton 3 Rovers 2, or Everton 2 Rovers 3

As you can tell I have little faith in our defensive qualities or our goalkeeer i'm afraid.

errrr...... I said that.

LOVE YOU INCEY , WE DO!

I'm sure the usual doom merchants will find something.

That was one of the most entertaining games i've seen in a long time. Well done Rovers and credit to Everton for going for it themselves after that first half (goals help like).

Dont remember Nelson being mentioned in that game apart from 1 good covering tackle and trying to win a header in Evertons box, sign of a class Centre Half. All round good performance, Bently, Huges.....Who Are Ya.

The doom merchants nearly got to me this last couple of weeks but i kept the faith, and we still got the Pinnaple to come yet :o:lol::wub::rover:

the football we played today was a different class. Put to shame 99% of what we played under Hughes. Ok, Robinson cocked up abit, but psssh! great way to start a season! I think we might have shook off our first game of the season curse.

What a good time to score your first goal Andre! Terrific header from Nelsen though.

Quick impressions; We were very good overall. I think we looked a lot better going forward than we did most of the time under Hughes. I was never a fan of his quick-tempo direct approach. That style of play can be effective, and we should definitely look to use it, but it shouldn't be the only thing we do.

Some thoughts on a few of the players;

Robinson: Should've done better with their first goal. One thing I do like is his distribution. Long, accurate kicks aimed at RSC/Roberts can create chances from nothing.

Samba: What we've come to expect from him. Some fantastic interceptions and tackles, mixed in with poor decision making and generally scaring the ###### out of me.

Nelsen: Excellent. Some timely interventions bailing Samba out. Calm on the ball, generally very good in defense. Great header for the winning goal.

Mokoena: Solid defensively, and it seems to me that he's got good technique and passing as long as it's instinctive. In tight spots I've seen him look Tugay-esque, but whenever he has to think about what to do with the ball he just lofts a ball to their keeper.

Dunn: I thought he was great. I've been a critic of him in the past, but today he was really good. Both in winning the ball and with the ball. Superb goal. Faded a bit towards the end though.

Roberts: When you saw that run where he went past four-five players you wonder where that technique is most of the time! Must be hell to play against him, and with a bit of luck he could've scored or provided more goals.

When yakubu score. My heart drop, when Cruz score. I nearly drop off my sit. Thought we got a good result for a draw but who would think that Ooijer will score at this kind of timing. Was jumping like a 3 year old kid at 12 midnight! (In my country that is.) THAT IS WHAT FOOTBALL IS ABOUT!!!!

But big big win for us esp is a 5th place team last year. Althought defend is really quite shaky. Esp without Brad. Seem like robinson really havea lot more work to do if we are going to win matches...

Bentley who?

Action Shot, Bentley appeals for offside in his new white spurs kit.

Great games from: The Axe(I never thought i would say that), Roberts(apart from his finishing), MGP, Dunn, Samba, Nelsen and Warnock.

The rest did well, but those stood out for me. Shame we weren't a couple ahead and could have given Villaneuva a run out. Still we have 2-1 winners Hull in our next game.

Archived