BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

League table looks nice this afternoon. 2nd.

3 points away to Everton is exactly the kind of result we'll be needing to push for that Uefa place as the season progresses. Looking forward to hearing Ince's post-match interview.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to say my doubts about Ince in the transfer market are nulified by his tactical/motivational abilities.. we did pretty well albeit against an understrength Everton team.

Everton are rock hard at home.. we where by far the better team.. very suprising but pleasant to say the least..

Still think we need more cover on the right and middle no matter how much of a tactical/motivational dude old Incey is.

Well done lads... And Ince we are winning me back matey.

I`m so thrilled for Paul Ince. He must be absolutely delighted. What an ordeal he has had to put up with from the media and our own "fans". The 10 outfield players were all playing for Hughesy last season and pulled their tripe out today when many thought that the players were against him. Good luck to him. We are in second place as of 5.30!!

Good performance but lets not get carried away as that was a disillussioned Everton side, who when they did play for 15 or so minutes, did trouble us!

Good crisp one touch passing by us I thought...Pedersen looked more confident and lively and was a plus for me...

I wish Roberts could finish, cause then we would have a 15 million pound striker playing for us!

I think the main thing missing from this team is a quality defensive midfielder, and a pacy right winger, and if we can be greedy a quality and pace striker...

I commented a few weeks ago, that Pedersen's form had deteriorated because Hughes was playing him too wide and too deep. Today he played as a third striker for much of the game and he was a far better player for it. Well done everybody!

Well done Blackburn Rovers!!

It's been so depressing on here for the last few weeks with so many posters having a go at Paul Ince without a ball having been kicked.

Wonder if some of them went away to slit their wrists prior to today's game or are they sat at their tables shovelling in the humble pie?

Feel good factor back.

Well done Paul Ince!!

Don't think I quite qualify as a Paul Ince detractor - although I have questioned Andrews and Fowler as transfer targets.

With that starting 11 we would have been murdered under Hughes, so I'm impressed that not only did we win away from home but that we played well and that credit must go to Ince. Well Played.

However I still don't think you can judge anything on 1 game (after all Bolton would be champions and we would be in the champions league), lets see where things are after 10 games.

Great Start.

Edit: Just checked my posts, seems I do qualify as a Paul Ince detractor.

Personally I think he is naive and a bit thick. He will however get 10 games of support from me.

they are 101 great goals. google it

Just did. Dunns was a cracker, Robinson howler, no blame to anyone for Evertons 2nd although there was a suspicion of Arteta being off side, Lescott claiming for RSC to be given offside after losing him completely was funny, imo nelsen was offside for the winner.... although who would ever know the proper interpretation nowadays?

What a game that was.

Best players happened to be our "least talented ones" which have been those who have come under fire - Mokoena (My god), Reid, Dunn and Roberts all did great. If Roberts had his shooting boots on we would have tied the game up earlier.

Special mention for Gamst, who looked a class above Treacy in every department. Nowhere near a replacement yet, but he didn't do too much wrong.

Santa was anonymous up until his goal, thought he looked a bit "off".

No spectacular personal games, but one hell of a team effort.

Incey Wincey, Incey Wincey Na,na,na, nanana, nanananana,

Carrots delayed for an hour due to a parachute man stuck on the Cricket Club stand = I just could not believe it when I heard it was one of their own display team. HAHahaaa :lol: You couldn't even imagine it could you!

Spuds dumped, Bentley booked, - heres hoping City get dumped tomorrw and I'm away for two weeks. Cheered me up after a dump week!

8 pack now!

Anyway...........I am in the doghouse. Wife came in at 2am (here).................."You just woke me up shouting...........GET INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN."

Heh heh!

I am in the same boat. Anyway, she should understand.... if not, put her in the doghouse. :o;)

1st game of the season a win! :DB)

Theno - you're a dirty bugger! :lol:

Archived