BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

Righto, just got in from Goodison. Great day out, but, just wanted to say, credit where credit is due, Aaron Mokoena was smashing today! He certainly takes the flak when it's due, so today was a great response to being given a chance. Let's make it 6 points versus Hull on Saturday!!! Also, Th'Admiral = great performance. So was Dunny. Stephen Warnock and Peds were very effective carving Everton open down teh left, but Warnock needs work on delivery. Reid wasn't totally convincing, but I imagine had Brett been fit Rediy might not have played. Good start, but only one game and 37 more to go.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is not an anti ince post.. but a few of you keep saying that was our weak side.. correct me if I am wrong here but where we not lacking just Emerton? And Carlos is still not fully fit but was on the bench?

And please lets not forget Everton where actually vastly understrength with some key players out..

That's it........................always look on the bright side of life!

Wasn't it endearing?..........................Ince trying to look the cool professional in his new suit................then we scored the winner and he just couldn't stop that fist punching the air............Love it.

Well done the side but let's not start going over the top in mocking the Ince detractors. Ince hasn't proven anything yet

Au contraire, I thought he proved a lot today.

His many vocal detractors on this board condemned him and his staff as being unable to train, coach, instill tactics and motivate premier league players. Today's performance would not have been possible if they had been correct. These were Hughes players who could never play like that when Hughes was here, let alone when under the guidance of allegedly 4th division dollopers.

Stephen Warnock and Peds were very effective carving Everton open down teh left, but Warnock needs work on delivery.
Now admittedly I've only seen the goals, but Warnock's delivery was responsible for two of them. Are you saying those balls were not representative of his performance?

Something that did worry me was Paul Robinson.

but more so was his POOR decision to come out for the cross late on which he missed completely leaving young Baxter with a free header which he duly missed.

Hmm..Whilst i agree, i'm in a good mood.Robinson charging of his line going for a ball that he would never....ever get put the young lad off and he duly missed, also dont forget Cruz missed 2 as good chances first half.

Ps. its good to see the message board happy again.

Just got home from the game. What a game!!!!!! From start to end we dominated them. There were patches in the sencond half where I thought we might lose control but that did not happen. for me the chant of the day has to be for some fat Everton bloke who had Leggers on the back of his shirt " Leggers stand up if you can Leggers Leggers stand up if you can" :lol: Top game. Bring on Hull!!! Come on Rovers!!!!

Great win but on Moko- Have seen him have a couple of 'off' games but I have seen him play excellent holding roles. Was I the only one there at the FA Cup semi final against Chelsea - He was outstanding against a world class team.

Did the 'sell Moko' band not see that?

Made up!

David Dunn was outstanding today, absolutely running the show.

He was helped that Mokeana did exactly what his supposed to do give it easy and cover for Dunn when he went forward.

I was impressed with Roberts today and he deserved a goal for that run alone!

I thought the team spirit was very good and all this negative talk against them seems to have brought them together, Dunn was very vocal today I noticed, encouraging and organising at every opportunity.

First goal against I will reserve judgement on until watching it later, my first impression was the same as many that maybe Robinson could have done better but I don't think anyone was expecting him to shoot from there.

A word for the Rovers support today as well that didn't stop 'supporting' the team for the entire match and I think the players showed at the end exactly what they thought of us.

I'm glad I can say all this through tyoing as I've lost my voice, out of practice after the summer break, I should have done some pre-season training!

Just did. Dunns was a cracker, Robinson howler, no blame to anyone for Evertons 2nd although there was a suspicion of Arteta being off side, Lescott claiming for RSC to be given offside after losing him completely was funny, imo nelsen was offside for the winner.... although who would ever know the proper interpretation nowadays?

you are miserable plonker Drog lol, what do you think about Paul Ince now, Roberts, Dunn and Yes the axe were amazing today.

Jal were you crying when Dunn scored that stormer in the 1st half

I've not had as much fun on Merseyside since we clinched the Premiership at Anfield. :lol: I hope the negs will do the decent thing and keep off the board tonight ... this is an evening to savour for the real supporters.

Well i'm going to try and not get carried away but that was a fantastic game.

I thought the 1st half we played some of the best football i've seen us play in a long while and if it wasn't for the Robo howler on Arteta's free kick we would of had the deserved lead at half time. I thought Dunn, Nelsen, Warnock and The Axe ( very suprised to even see him start) had excellent games and were great to watch.

Robo - 5/10...not a convincing 1st game, the first goal and the coming out for the late cross and being nowhere near it were 2 bad bits of GK'ing but it was great to see how happy was to be a rover and has already a good relationship with the fans

Ooijer... 7.5/10...Would never of thought he would hit the winner, was very happy for him and had a solid game

Nelsen 8.5/10.... Back to his best, very solid from skip

Samba - 7/10... Won most headers and looked more solid then last season

Warnock - 8.5/10... Excellent perfromance, bombed forward and put some great balls in, I hope he stays quite badly

Reid - 6.5/10.... Solid game from Reid, a couple of good balls put into the box but we need a more natural right winger

Dunn - 9/10... My MOM. I was expecting Dunn to shine this season and has showed it 2day, superb goal

Moko - 8.5/10... Was initially disapointed he was in the 11 before the start but Ince made a good call as he had one of his best games in a long time and won numerous tackles

MGP - 7/10... Linked up well early on with the front 2 and worked hard

Roberts 8/10... Worked ever so hard, his dribble would of been brilliant if he had scored. He does go to ground to easy though for a big lad

Roque - 8/10... Took his goal well and worked hard and won headers, good start for Santa

Subs:

Treacy 6/10...looked nervous and weak and had no impact

Tugay...not enough time for the legend

Benni... Didnt see anything

Great atmosphere as well ladies and gents...lets keep it going all year :) PAUL INCE'S BLUE N WHITE ARMY!

I'd largely agree with those, except I think that you're being a little harsh on Tracey, he didn't look weak, just nervous. He ruffled Arteta's feathers, remember!

Robinson had basically nothing to do all day, except clear the ball - there was nothing he could have done for the second goal. The first goal is a definite "he should have done better - in hindsight". His fault was not allowing for Arteta going for goal. As for the coming for the cross, that was a misjudgement that many keepers make occasionally. As long as it's very occasional it's not too bad.

Au contraire, I thought he proved a lot today.

His many vocal detractors on this board condemned him and his staff as being unable to train, coach, instill tactics and motivate premier league players. Today's performance would not have been possible if they had been correct. These were Hughes players who could never play like that when Hughes was here, let alone when under the guidance of allegedly 4th division dollopers.

I was going to post something very similar.

At the end of that game Paul Ince and his so called "4th division" staff had produced a feelgood factor rarely if ever felt under Hughes. 90 minutes of open, exciting, free-flowing football. Shirts were being chucked into the crowd - it was like winning the Cup Final.

It was a travesty we went in level at half time, we'd completely dominated it. And on today's evidence these "4th division dollopers" have turned Dunn from a slightly peripheral figure into a real player, Mokoena into a decent Premiership performer, and completely re-invigorated Jason Roberts.

What a match- just hope the next 37 are like that.

Wow - Rovers made the 'featured section' of the Yahoo homepage. Never seen that happen before - could we become media favourites :o

Anyhow, what a good result. I would have been happy with the draw so to nick it at full time was superb and just what we needed after what was one of the most negative pre seasons we have ever had. Settled my nerves anyway - I just hope Robbo's settles over the next few weeks.

Very encouraging start, but lets not get carried away - it's where we finish that matters but I feel a little more confident today - thanks Incey, and thanks, Rovers!

Annoying Everton view of the game:

http://www.everton.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchrep.asp?a=120582

describing blackburn as a distincly average side and Blackburn were there for the taking, an absolute gift of an opening game by the FA.

Who cares about them?

We whipped their a55es at goodison and you should have seen mooooyes's face when Ooojier scored.

First chance to get online.

Wow. Didn't see much like that home or away last season. My face is hurting from smiling. Great team effort with great individual performances.

What a refreshing change. First away win and first win all in one! It's working well for us playing away first game of the season!

A big thank you Ince and the boys. Made having my car bumped today whilst parked easier to take!!!

Oh, and then I heard about Burnley!!!

Archived