BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

heh :D

Just saw the goals. Sweet, sweet goal by Dunn, that was unbelievable defending for Everton's 2nd goal. We really need to work on marking players, huge problem for many years now. Oiijer's winner was very lucky, but good to hear we played good.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was helped that Mokeana did exactly what his supposed to do give it easy and cover for Dunn when he went forward.

I want Mokoena to prove me completely wrong but I see a clip of Yakubu's goal and I just think, for all his bluster, he's a liability.

Please lambast me ONCE YOU HAVE CAREFULLY WATCHED A CLIP OF THE GOAL if I am not being totally objective and reasonable.

WHen Everton break with the ball and head towards the Rovers end, Mokoena is JOGGING...not busting his gut as defensive midfielder...but jogging back, allowing the Everton midfielders free runs into the box.

In fact, the midfielder who's really sprinting back is Gamst.

Now, I accept that Moko has had a better than usual game and well done for him making that improvement. However, imo, that short episode leading to Yakubu's goal makes it patently clear that Moko is a liability. I genuinely do not want to become some sort of prejudice anti-Axe, so please tell me if you agree or disagree with this.

I want Mokoena to prove me completely wrong but I see a clip of Yakubu's goal and I just think, for all his bluster, he's a liability.

Please lambast me ONCE YOU HAVE CAREFULLY WATCHED A CLIP OF THE GOAL if I am not being totally objective and reasonable.

WHen Everton break with the ball and head towards the Rovers end, Mokoena is JOGGING...not busting his gut as defensive midfielder...but jogging back, allowing the Everton midfielders free runs into the box.

In fact, the midfielder who's really sprinting back is Dunn (i think), with Gamst following.

Now, I accept that Moko has had a better than usual game and well done for him making that improvement. However, imo, that short episode leading to Yakubu's goal makes it patently clear that Moko is a liability.

Please give it a rest.

Great afternoon! Very nervous in the second half but no need!

Must mention Moko. This must be Moko Mk II - he's been re-invented! Superb stuff from the lad!

Nelsen - superb too. Everyone - brilliant!

Best bit - definitely when Andre scored, Rovers fans went mental!

Pre-match warm-up - I particularly watched this and was very impressed.

Could have won this game by about four or five goals. Oh - and can someone give Reid some shooting practice please. You just knowhe's going to sky it.

Just seen rover6's post. Don't worry, Ince will have noted it and sort him out!

Some Rovers fans involved in a bit of a shunt on the m65 on the way back from Blackburn. Hope they are all okay, don't think there were any serious injuries, hope not.

Philip, before dismissing this, I urge you to watch the highlights carefully and you will see that Mokoena and Nelsen start from the same position when Everton make the break. Nelsen gets back into the box by sprinting. I don't even know if Mokoena reached the box, such was his stroll.

You can work hard all game but a moment of positional/tactical failure like that and you damage all your good work.

I am making an objective judgment, and as much as people want to pretend that everything is perfect when Rovers win, I think making a rational analysis is valuable. I am not witchhunting here - just trying to be objective.

Philip, before dismissing this, I urge you to watch the highlights carefully and you will see that Mokoena and Nelsen start from the same position when Everton make the break. Nelsen gets back into the box by sprinting. I don't even know if Mokoena reached the box, such was his stroll.

You can work hard all game but a moment of positional/tactical failure like that and you damage all your good work.

I am making an objective judgment, and as much as people want to pretend that everything is perfect when Rovers win, I think making a rational analysis is valuable. I am not witchhunting here - just trying to be objective.

When you have "Mokoena is an abysmal central defender" as part of your witty signature, if kinds makes the reader think that you're not very "objective" when it comes to the Axe.

The lad's a limited player who gets shown up by the very best, but he can do a job. Hughes and now Ince know this and are/have tried to sign a replacement.

In fact, the midfielder who's really sprinting back is Gamst.

Now, I accept that Moko has had a better than usual game and well done for him making that improvement. However, imo, that short episode leading to Yakubu's goal makes it patently clear that Moko is a liability. I genuinely do not want to become some sort of prejudice anti-Axe, so please tell me if you agree or disagree with this.

Can't say I noticed the chasing back bit from my vantage point in the pub but the blame here has to go to Samba for not holding the line and being a full two yards or so behind the other defenders .

All in all , a great start , with the promised free flowing football and commitment to match . Special credit to Roberts , I thought , proving he's definitely the man to start with Cruz .

....and a slap on the back for those of us who refused to jump on the manager's back before the season even started .

There were lapses all over the park by Rovers players, not just the Axe.

I think what you are highlighting is unfair; the real blame for that goal was Warnock's who got completely out-muscled by the Yak if you want to pinpoint anyone.

Anyway, it was a great result from a game played in wonderful spirit by a highly motivated team.

IMO, those were the best performances I 've seen from Roberts and equal best from the Axe. That is vastly more important than being pernickety.

quiet time rover6

Can't say I noticed the chasing back bit from my vantage point in the pub but the blame here has to go to Samba for not holding the line and being a full two yards or so behind the other defenders .

All in all , a great start , with the promised free flowing football and commitment to match . Special credit to Roberts , I thought , proving he's definitely the man to start with Cruz .

....and a slap on the back for those of us who refused to jump on the manager's back before the season even started .

For once, or should that be Ince, we agree Phil.

And please lets not forget Everton where actually vastly understrength with some key players out..

Please let's not forget that they are still Everton's first team squad. You can only play the team that's in front of you.

Please let's not forget that they are still Everton's first team squad. You can only play the team that's in front of you.

Also, lets not forget - no Emerton, Nelsen only just back from China, MGP & Santa hardly trained all week, no first choice right back - and no King Carlos.

Excellent display by the team - but one win doesn't make a season. My first thought (at this stage of the season), only 37 points to avoiding relegation.

Well i'm going to try and not get carried away but that was a fantastic game.

I thought the 1st half we played some of the best football i've seen us play in a long while and if it wasn't for the Robo howler on Arteta's free kick we would of had the deserved lead at half time. I thought Dunn, Nelsen, Warnock and The Axe ( very suprised to even see him start) had excellent games and were great to watch.

Robo - 5/10...not a convincing 1st game, the first goal and the coming out for the late cross and being nowhere near it were 2 bad bits of GK'ing but it was great to see how happy was to be a rover and has already a good relationship with the fans

Ooijer... 7.5/10...Would never of thought he would hit the winner, was very happy for him and had a solid game

Nelsen 8.5/10.... Back to his best, very solid from skip

Samba - 7/10... Won most headers and looked more solid then last season

Warnock - 8.5/10... Excellent perfromance, bombed forward and put some great balls in, I hope he stays quite badly

Reid - 6.5/10.... Solid game from Reid, a couple of good balls put into the box but we need a more natural right winger

Dunn - 9/10... My MOM. I was expecting Dunn to shine this season and has showed it 2day, superb goal

Moko - 8.5/10... Was initially disapointed he was in the 11 before the start but Ince made a good call as he had one of his best games in a long time and won numerous tackles

MGP - 7/10... Linked up well early on with the front 2 and worked hard

Roberts 8/10... Worked ever so hard, his dribble would of been brilliant if he had scored. He does go to ground to easy though for a big lad

Roque - 8/10... Took his goal well and worked hard and won headers, good start for Santa

Subs:

Treacy 6/10...looked nervous and weak and had no impact

Tugay...not enough time for the legend

Benni... Didnt see anything

Great atmosphere as well ladies and gents...lets keep it going all year :) PAUL INCE'S BLUE N WHITE ARMY!

I pretty much agree. Samba's mark could be more in line with the rest of the defense. Moko may be a little high. A little tough on Treacy and a tincy-tincy bit rough on PRob.

Rovers played well. Lots of heart and not alot of mistakes. I was upset with the Arteta goal after dominating most of the first half. After seeing a replay of the goal it was a perfect goal. It was struck hard and exactly in the crux of the upper left-hand corner. PRob could have been in better position but, he still may not have been able to save it. He did immediately forget about it and gave encouragement to his team mates to keep their heads up. I may be soft-playing it but, any blame cannot be completely leveled at him.

I was surprised by the 2 min added time in the first half but, not upset by the 3 in the second.

I think Dunney is the man of the match although there were more to chose from.

Justice was indeed served at the end!! I couldn't believe my eyes. Exhilarating!!!! I don't get to watch many Rovers matches but, what a way to start the season!!!!

You swine! I was going to use that line!

Just having JAL and Tugay4England in the list. ;)

What a start to the season. I can't cope with this every week.

Isn't it funny how the very same people that accuse those that they perceive to be "anti Ince" of being boring and repetitive are the very same people that continually drag those posters names in to discussions without bothering to make much of a point. I hadn't even posted on this thread before now, yet somehow I'm getting a namecheck.

As I've stated before, I am not anti Ince. I am extremely apprehensive about the way he has started and the stories that have been surrounding the club. I have no reason to be against the man himself, again, a point I have made before now. How anyone could think that those of us that have been publicly stating these worries would actually prefer Blackburn Rovers to lose football matches is totally beyond me. Absolutely barmy. Why would we feel moved to state how worried we are about something we badly want to fail?

Back on topic.

Great result, I'm absolutely delighted. Short of winning by 3 or 4 clear goals, this was exactly what was required. A rollercoaster game with a last ditch winner will unite the squad far more than a simple ground out 1-0 would have done. It sounds as though we played good football, which of course is a massive bonus. Another one in the positive column for Mr Ince.

On a side note, did Carlos warm up at all? How did he look? Over the illness? Also, why didn't Simpson play?

A big test next up. Under the previous two managers we've generally under performed in games that we should expect to win. I'm interested to see how we approach it under the new regime.

you are miserable plonker Drog lol, what do you think about Paul Ince now, Roberts, Dunn and Yes the axe were amazing today.

Jal were you crying when Dunn scored that stormer in the 1st half

Absolutely delighted for the lad and Rovers, still stand by everything i've said in tha past but its still early days, will see how hes performing after six weeks when the rest of the premiership players are up to speed, heard he limped off towards the end dont know if its true, hope not.

Didnt see the game but i just cant go off what some of you ladies and gents have said in the past about how good Dunny is in previous matches when i've witnessed the same matches and seen something totally different.

Well done Dunny, long may it continue, if, he really did have a good game today at Everton.

Boy did Ince need this result, lets hope the momentum continues and he doesnt mess it up by signing Fowler.

As I've stated before, I am not anti Ince. I am extremely apprehensive about the way he has started and the stories that have been surrounding the club. I have no reason to be against the man himself, again, a point I have made before now. How anyone could think that those of us that have been publicly stating these worries would actually prefer Blackburn Rovers to lose football matches is totally beyond me. Absolutely barmy. Why would we feel moved to state how worried we are about something we badly want to fail?

A big test next up. Under the previous two managers we've generally under performed in games that we should expect to win. I'm interested to see how we approach it under the new regime.

Good post. Great start to competitive games by Ince. I have posted too many negative posts but there have still got to be concerns. The media have got it in for us but there are TOO MANY stories to suggest PI is in control.

Robinson is not a good keeper, it's pretty clear but lets hope Ince makes good signings in midfield, it might cover that up. No one can argue Fowler is of use to us.

I'd like Ooijer to come in to the centre of defence to minimise the damage of either/or Robinson and Samba and some strengthening of the centre and right of midfield...

Rovers played well and should have been 3 up before Arteta made Robinson look why Spurs wanted rid. We carved Everton apart at times, and if Roberts could shoot straight it would have been easy. To come back from 2-1 down at Goodison deserves plenty of credit. I've not heard the post match press conferences yet but I'm sure Skeletor will be moaning about his first team being decimated; by my reckoning they're only missing Cahill, Pineaar, and a few fringe players.

It was a very good opening day perfomance and put to bed a lot of the negative chatter coming from places. Ince looked good in his suit, the players worked their socks off. The only negatives I saw were Robinson for the first and nearly gifting strangely named Jose Baxter (from Bootle apparently) a winner, and Samba slipping at numerous inopportune moments. Everybody else was very good.

I really don't think we have to worry about relegation. There is some real sh!te in this division. The Champions League is making sure that the top 4 have enough money to buy up the rest's best players and play them once a month.

Archived