BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any news if king Carlos will be among the squad for saturday or is he still suffering with his chicken pox

Today's LT said he was going back to S.America to get his visa and if he is not too tired, he might have a short time playing on Saturday.

Everton - well we know their side well by now and can be fairly sure how they will play (i.e. in a very dull manner)

Rovers - even the players and manager are probably unsure what our approach, formation and method will be or what will happen after 3pm on Saturday so we should take Everton by surprise.

If some of the press is to be beleived and we have some sulkers - Everton 4 Rovers 0.

If the team back themselves and the management Everton 3 Rovers 2, or Everton 2 Rovers 3

As you can tell I have little faith in our defensive qualities or our goalkeeer i'm afraid.

If anyone manages to predict the starting line-up correctly they deserve a large pat on the back. I don't even know what formation we'll be playing. I don't think we'll win I reckon a draw is the best we can hope for.

Yes the fact Tesco are paying for them to move into a huge new stadium, further ensuring they move a million miles away from the likes of us, must be really annoying them.

Worry about your own house. Why don't they bring a big sack of sh*t and throw it at us?

If roques fit it should be 2 very evenly matched teams, i only wish we had a better keeper(I just don't rate the guy)! 1-1 i hope, a win at everton is a lot to ask even if we'd signed some top names. If there is truth in the warnock rumour then everton is possibly one of the teams after him and i would hope he would not be picked just for this match as if we lose we'll be asking how committed he was, although i do think we should lay down a marker to other players and stand firm over not selling him.

My guess at the team; (actually does'nt look bad)

----------------------------------Paul"s^^t out of luck"Robinson-----------------

Simpson------------Samba-------------------Ooijer------------------------Olssen

Debyshire--------Emerton---------Dunn------------Vogel--------------Pedersen

---------------------------------------Roque-----------------------------------------

I think we'll line up as:

Robinson

Simpson--Samba--Nelsen--Warnock

Tugay/Vogel/Mokoena

Emerton--Reid--Dunn--Gamst

Cruz

Bench:

McCarthy, Derbyshire, Ooijer, Zurab, Villanueva, Brown, one of the unselected DMs listed in the first XI.

Seems about right, looks a ###### poor team though, where is the creativity coming from?

One interesting thing about that - if Tugay is the DM, then the entire midfield all played for us under Souness at some point. A bit worrying really.

Yesterday I asked an Everton fan about their lineup. And they're really, really, in bad shape :D

Howard

Neville

Yobo

Lescott

Valente

Jagielka

Rodwell

Arteta

Osman

Baines

Yakubu

Subs; Turner, Molyneux, Irving, Gosling, Kissock, Baxter, Jutkiewicz

And today I hear the Yakubu might be injured.

Don`t know if it`s been previously mentioned on here (i`ve not read the entire thread)

....but Saturday`s game at Everton is the featured 'live match' on Talksport radio.

The entire afternoons broadcast (12pm onwards) will be from Goodison Park.

Any overseas boardmembers might be able to listen to the game if they look for talksport radio on the internet.

Hope this helps anyone ;)

i am going for an away win for Rovers 1-2, Ince to silence the numpties and get Rovers off to great start to the season!!!

My team would be,

Robinson

Simpson Samba Nelson Warnock/Olsen

Vogel

Emerton Dunn Tugay Gamst

Santa

Subs

Brown

Ooijer

Roberts

Reid

Bennie

Fowler

King Carlos

I think we'll line up as:

Robinson

Tugay/Vogel/Mokoena

Cruz

Bench:

McCarthy, Derbyshire, Ooijer, Zurab, Villanueva, Brown, one of the unselected DMs listed in the first XI.

I don't think that is so bad. I would go for Vogel in the holding role. Roberts can come later on. We will be a knightmare to breakdown for anyone. A large burden will be placed on Dunn to support Cruz but i think Dunn is at his best when he is in the last third, I reckon he could be a success with a more advance role. once he tires presumably Villanueva will take of his position.

I think this will be a competitive game.

I see a few board members are predicting Vogel to start, but he hasn't featured much in pre-season. I know he has been struggling with injury, but looks a bit like Ince doesn't rate him? He didn't even get on the pitch against NAC as far as I can remember.

My prediction:

Robinson - Simpson, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock - Emerton(?), Dunn, Reid, Gamst - Benni, Roque

Subs: Brown, Ooijer, Tugay, Vogel, Roberts, Derbyshire, Judge

How is status with Emerton and Gamst's injuries? Ince mentioned the other day that Roque probably will be fit. And depending on King Carlos' fitness he might be on the bench instead of one of Judge or Vogel maybe.

Score prediction:

Everton 0 v 3 ROVERS

Roque 14

Dunn 35

Judge 85

Rovers to play the first half like we did last season when we should have had a greater lead at half time, only this time Dunn's cracker won't be saved by Howard :) and Rovers to control the 2nd half this time, and Judge to kill the game off last 10 minutes.

Can't wait to travel down to Liverpool on Saturday! Come on Incey's Blue n White Army! :rover:

i dont think we will start the game 451, unless Villanueva starts and i dont think he will,

starting line up :

Robinson

Cruz -- Roberts

Bench:

McCarthy, Derbyshire, Ooijer, Vogal , Villanueva, Brown, Fowler,some oneelse

subs

vogal - roberts, roberts - Villanueva, at ht 4-5-1

Cruz - Fowler 85mins :wacko:

im gonna say 1-2 rovers with Emerton MOM

cruz 9mins

everton 45mins

Villanueva 82mins 30yard freekick :rover:

I think we will line up 451.

---------------------Robbo---------------------

--Simpson----Nelsen---Samba----Warnock-

---------------Tugay----Reid------------------

--Emerton---------Dunn------------MGP----

--------------------Cruz------------------------

If Cruz is out then I would expect Roberts to come in TBH, not convinced Benni will last 90. Ince may just as well go 442, but I think he will play it safe to try and avoid defeat.

Everton do have serious injury probs though I hope its a good win to stop the pitchforkers!

Just spoken to my Everton-supporting stepson and he is enormously depressed about this season and the lack of signings this summer.

Everton are there for the taking; Everton 1 Rovers 3 if Ince is a motivational winner. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that is what the score will be (Fowler to score the last one).

Archived