BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

Thank you silly toerag and our Liverpool supporter.

Everton were completely ineffectual against a slick but not particularly quick passing PSV side on Saturday. From the bit of the Benfica and Sporting games I saw, Rovers are playing a higher tempo slicker passing game than they did under Hughes so should be able to discomfort Everton and RSC will carry far greater threat up front than the players PSV had playing.

Everton will literally be clueless as to what Ince is going to put out on Saturday- let's face it we are too. Conversely Everton will be hugely predictable. But I'm assuming we won't see the Axe at CB and Ince will be mindful of the huge need for a good start to ease the pressure on himself.

If we don't win this one it will be a big opportunity missed, even if Toffee spirits are raised by a pre-game deadline signing or two.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Everton will play their two new signings on Saturday, Japanese midfielder Nik Yamota & Italian defender Rob Yatelli (my sources say they`ve settled right in ;) )

Although this is the best chance to play Everton I feel we have been too inconsistent in pre-season and it wont disappear over night.

I predict Everton to sneak a scrappy affair 2-1.

Id like to see Villanueva in action for sure as Im so excited to have his type of game in our team!

Any indication whether we will play with two up top or just the one?

I'll make a guess:

Robinson

Simpson Samba Nelsen Warnock

Derbyshire Reid Dunn Pedersen

Benni Santa Cruz

If Emerton isn't fit i feel he may play derbyshire on the right. Its in no way his best position, but he has played there a bit in pre-season. A toss up between Roberts and Benni you would feel to partner Roque. Derbyshire could also play up front, i think his movement could cause Everton some trouble.

I think we will play a 5 man midfield formation quite a lot this season, but not on our first game. Especially as we haven't employed it much during pre-season.

Its a difficult one to predict really.

my formation would be

.................robinson........

ooijer...samba..nelsen..warnock...

reid.......vogel...dunn....pedersen..

...........roberts.....cruz...............

everton have lots of injury problems-so if there was ever a chance to win and get off to a good start its now...

my formation would be

.................robinson........

ooijer...samba..nelsen..warnock...

reid.......vogel...dunn....pedersen..

...........roberts.....cruz...............

everton have lots of injury problems-so if there was ever a chance to win and get off to a good start its now...

I like that line up. :tu:

Steven Pienaar (toe), Tim Cahill (foot), Tony Hibbert (knee), James Vaughan (foot) and Andy van der Mayde (hamstring) are all injured while Victor Anichebe is at the Olympics with Nigeria.

It means there could a starting berth for any one of the young quartet of Jack Rodwell, Dan Gosling, Jose Baxter and Lukas Jutkiewicz, who have all figured prominently for Everton in pre-season.

Everton (from): Howard, Ruddy, Turner, Neville, Jagielka, Lescott, Yobo, Valente, Baines, Osman, Arteta, Rodwell, Gosling, Baxter, Yakubu, Jutkiewicz, Agard, Kissock, Wallace.

Six missing for visit of Rovers

Steven Pienaar (toe), Tim Cahill (foot), Tony Hibbert (knee), James Vaughan (foot) and Andy van der Mayde (hamstring) are all injured while Victor Anichebe is at the Olympics with Nigeria.

It means there could a starting berth for any one of the young quartet of Jack Rodwell, Dan Gosling, Jose Baxter and Lukas Jutkiewicz, who have all figured prominently for Everton in pre-season.

Everton (from): Howard, Ruddy, Turner, Neville, Jagielka, Lescott, Yobo, Valente, Baines, Osman, Arteta, Rodwell, Gosling, Baxter, Yakubu, Jutkiewicz, Agard, Kissock, Wallace.

Six missing for visit of Rovers

Jack Rodwell was one of their better players against PSV.

Archived