BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everton 2 (Robinson, Lescott) Rovers 2 (Santa, Robinson with a 110 yard screamer)

Are we playing in red and black halves then?

Blimey, That Aussie beer must be good stuff!

I feel this has a draw written all over it. Everton 3 - Rovers 3. Arteta will collapse in the area with 5 mins to go to rob Rovers of a well deserved away win starter.

Simpson not starting?

Thats a surprise...

So it looks like Emerton is missing, which is one of the players Nicko must have been referring to and also Vogel misses out completely. I cant believe Mokoena is playing! Absolutely shocked!

Looking at the Everton team this is as good a chance as any to beat them, but they will be saying the same about us.

So Emo crocked.

Defense at its strongest possible but the Axe and Reid together in midfield plus Roberrts upfront screams a massive absence of class in the side.

Best hope is to get to 60 minutes at 0-0 and then bring the good players on.

I know that Mokoena is bad, but surely not bad enough to warrant Nicko to completely change his backing of Rovers today. Roque's fit and that was the big worry for me.

Reidy at right midfield looks a bit worrying though. We really need to step up the pace for a Bentley replacement.

Edit: This will no doubt come back to haunt me but the Everton bench is perhaps the weakest looking one that I have seen for some time from any Premiership side. Especially in comparison to ours.

Reid switched to right midfield after a pre-season at right back. Strange to try something untested in a game to Ince, at this stage.

And the less said about Moko the better!

Ince just seen entering the dressing room on SSN. Plenty of smiles and confidence. Makes a change to his media demeanour thus far.

aaron mokoena not the greatest footballer in the world-but one thing is for sure-he will do a job for the team-he will protect the defence allowing david dunn room to push forward..

can i have some of what ur on because thats sure a posotive twist on a tterly shi*e decisionj from ince to play the axe!!

If were playing a midfield four I think playing Mokoena just doesn't work.

We could be playing like this with 5 in midfield possibly:

---------------------- Mokoena----------------------

Santa Cruz --- Reid ------------ Dunn ---- Pedersen---

---------------------- Roberts ------------------------

But it's more likely to be 4-4-2 obviously.

Archived