BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sparky - Not A Great Manager?

Think they are 13 points worse off than they were last season under Erikson at this point - that is poor considering the cash splashed and a much stronger squad. Best thing City could do is get rid and replace him with Mourinho.

Hopefully it doesnt happen or we wont have a buyer for crocky.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jose would not last long at the Council House. His reputation would mean the Arabs would expect to win the title, and his extrovert nature would annoy and destabilise the circus. Not sure who should manage the team as there is always that fine mahogany case in the stadium with a label marked "In case of imminent success press button and shoot in foot with shotgun provided."

I'd love Stan Ternant or Ian Holloway to take over at Citeh.

Jose is a winner - he would instill that self belief and arrogance into the players. If you add that to their squad then you have a very good squad to start work with.

Jose would get them into the top 4 within 2-3 seasons no problem. Hughes wont!

Would he have 2 or 3 seasons though? That is the important question. No-one really knows how patient the Arab chaps are, and that uncertainty may put some off.

As for the team, I think a load of the players don't feel that they have a future at the council house, and therefore have not really been in the right place mentally. Or have an ego the size of Wales, and are lazy arrogant gits who don't push themselves to achieve their potential.

To be fair to Hughes we all know he's capable of doing the job City want, just look what he did for us. However, I am not convinced Robinho is making his life easy and to be frank if they give in to the player then they'll be no more than another R. Madrid and there infighting has cost them dear over the years.

Disruptive players can split the squad and I'm sure one or two will be looking and saying hey WTF why does he get special treatment.

For me Its simple, Robinho should be sold Hughes allowed to sign who he wants and to get rid of all the players he doesn't. As great as his signing was Robinho has always been know as a bit of trouble, Madrid where desperate to get rid of him after his antics in spain. Just look at the stories around him this year, Pele's comment, running away, that allegation and being accussed of forming a anti-hughes group at City. More trouble thans he's worth for me.

Mourinho to City doesn't add up not when he probably has options like Madrid first if he even leaves Inter. City need stability for a change 17 managers in 20 years, not more new ideas etc. hughes took over a squad still pinning for Eriksson, the middlesbourgh result came to close to the annoucment to be co-incidence, many players are out of form Ie Richards. He's finally got Ireland firing and a decent keeper in given but City still have gapping holes, their full backs are not good enough, and zabaleta a midfielder not a right back. They have lots of players but not complete squad, Given the summer I think Hughes will sort it out but not if they tie his hands again.

Anyways we need Hughes to keep his job a bidding war between spurs and City is the only real way we will ever get the 20M we need to rebuild our squad.

• Backroom

I know one thing, if I was a City fan I'd want shut.

He's done a really poor job there I think, his strenghs lie in finding gems not motivating big money players and he isn't too astute tactically.

If there was an award for worst manager of the year I think he'd be beaten only by Ince.

I think he would be best at another Rover's style club to be honest.

"Mr Al Mubarak hasn't been seen at a City match since they were beaten 1-0 by Stoke at the Britannia Stadium in January. He is travelling to England for the Hamburg match on Thursday - travelling by plane not on a camel." From the post above.

But AESF goes to matches wearing clogs and a flat cap with a whippet tied on a piece of string...

You were quite happy to paint George W Bush as bible bashing, gun totin' Texan cowboy whenever you wished to rhyme your moral equivalence chapter and verse in respect of international events.

Yet whenever anyone like AESF dares to cross your self-imposed line with reference to a club like Citeh that decides to sell-out and rake in the cash to the Abu Dhabis or some other Third World anti-Semitic desert despots (Liverpool will be next of course) you appear to take extreme umbrage at the authors lack of political correctness.

It's a form of inverted racism when you think about it.

I've got no doubt with the way Arsenal have flipped flopped around and Villa dying a slow death if SGE was still around they would be pushing for fourth place.

Why Mourinho would take that poisoned chalice is anyone guess but it is not like he hasn't tasted the poison before by choosing a stint at Inter.

Always amazes me the clubs who cry for instant success in managerial staff are the ones who generally end up worse for wear.

Birmingham, City and Newcastle are obvious examples with Chelsea slowly creeping up.

I am actually surpised Al Mubarak has been as patient as he has, I thought he was gone in January for all money.

As city get a mention in this article I'll post it here, I hope this is a blueprint to what Sam will do for us in the summer. Not what MH does for City.

Pretty simple really, sell a couple of so called stars, resurrect a couple of bench warmers with quality from other clubs, bring in a couple of aging loan signings, add a couple of unknowns and there you have it challenging for Europe in one season.

Yep nine signings in one summer, thats the blueprint for Genoa

You were quite happy to paint George W Bush as bible bashing, gun totin' Texan cowboy whenever you wished to rhyme your moral equivalence chapter and verse in respect of international events.

Yet whenever anyone like AESF dares to cross your self-imposed line with reference to a club like Citeh that decides to sell-out and rake in the cash to the Abu Dhabis or some other Third World anti-Semitic desert despots (Liverpool will be next of course) you appear to take extreme umbrage at the authors lack of political correctness.

It's a form of inverted racism when you think about it.

:lol: You are a joker.

And have a terrible memory.

I lashed W as a terrible President who brought America to its knees. The rest you've made up.

You right wingers are wrapped up in your own world of perceived persecution and self-rightiousness, totally convinced of your right to throw insults around.

Fine, you haven't convinced anyone yet from what I have seen in these threads.

Anyway, City, trailing 3-1 from the first leg in Hamburg, have sold out of tickets for the visit of Martin Jols side this evening. Fans have been encouraged to bring or purchase inflatable bananas to create an 80s style atmosphere inside the ground to motivate Hughes side, as they bid to reach their first semi final since 1981.

I, for one, hope they get absolutely paggered 10-0.

I'd rather keep RSC and see 48,000 part time Mancs see their Harlem Globetrotters shot down in flames, and a sea of plastic fruit discarded on the empty seats and terraces after the game, broken and shattered like so many football fans dreams.

There's nothing in that report Smithy, that backs the claim that he's going to assess the reaction of the fans.

Pure speculation.

People can say what they like but they will never convince me that Hughes was anything but fantastic for us.

• Backroom

If City had not performed so poorly in the first leg they wouldn't have needed to try and claw their way back into the tie tonight. No sympathy for them or Saint Mark. Maybe next season :D

Archived