alexanders Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 I think it was straight £15 million cash...the other half of the equation is finding a replacement. Now we are talking. I don't think we will be able to hold out for much more cash than £15 mill. So basically all Sam is doing is screening the market - lining up a good replacement / replacements and we are ready to sell? Do you know if anyone is interested in Nihat and how much he is valued at ?
This thread is brought to you by theterracestore.com Enter code `BRFCS` at checkout for an exclusive discount!
nicko Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 So wait a minute. Man City have made a new bid? When was this nicko??? Is this the first it has been mentioned? About two days ago...went in...also in the Mirror. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21055404/ There's been an awful lot going on around it...daft swap ideas...replacements being chased.
Bobby G Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 I remember your article but I thought if it was going to materialize then we would have come out and said we have received a bid or something along those lines. Interesting...
roversmad95 Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 i heard that if we sell him for 15 million we have to give him some was that not the deal they had with him nicko....? as i said before if he wants to leave let him go.. done nothing this season and the boy's we have are doing ok so far....
budha Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 Do you know if anyone is interested in Nihat and how much he is valued at ? Been basicly injured since Euro Champs and is again out for 4 weeks.. can't see anyone going for him atleast in this window.
nicko Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 i heard that if we sell him for 15 million we have to give him some was that not the deal they had with him nicko....? as i said before if he wants to leave let him go.. done nothing this season and the boy's we have are doing ok so far.... If the fee is settled at £15 million Roque will get nothing out of it...he was due £5 million out of any £20 million sale in the summer. If he wants to go earlier he will have to say goodbye to that pay-off. Mind you, City pay quite well so he won't be selling Big Issue just yet.
2PAC 4 Blackburn Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 I've always rated Gudjohnsen.............. Link
BRFCBOY Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 ssn say were one of the clubs chasing ben watson from palace
mohelger Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 Ben Watson (Crystal Palace) is linked with us today; SkySports Any reality in that nicko? Cheers.
socngill Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 JW should give Man Utd a quick call and ask if they fancy putting ther own £15m bid in for Cruz. Force City to up the bid a bit Or would that not be strictly legal....
Bobby G Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 2 million seems too much for a guy whose contract runs out in 5 months.
philipl Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 JW should give Man Utd a quick call and ask if they fancy putting ther own £15m bid in for Cruz. Force City to up the bid a bit Or would that not be strictly legal.... Agents do it all the time. To be honest given the way City are dillying and dallying over Roque, I wouldn't be surprised if Villa came in with a genuine offer.
alexanders Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 Agents do it all the time. To be honest given the way City are dillying and dallying over Roque, I wouldn't be surprised if Villa came in with a genuine offer. I agree. They don't seem to have found their alternative striker yet. With Carew injured I think RSC is much the same ytype of player and would be a perfect partner for Agbonlahor. IF Villa bought RSC they would be very dangerous.
roversmad95 Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 2 million seems too much for a guy whose contract runs out in 5 months. i agree but just a quick check on wiki he seems to play a lot of games and scores a few goals a year.... would be good back up for dunny or even someone to play along side him... 2 million is not a lot he is only young could be worth a punt....
Bobby G Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 2 million is alot for a soon to be bosman, when we are looking at the bargain basement for right backs, strikers, et al...
Brad Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 O.k, i can not see a deal being done for RSC... Sam is driving a hard bargain and so he should... Without RSC being sold, how much do you think Sam has to play with Nicko if any?..
nicko Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 Ben Watson is at Middlesbrough right now. Wouldn't bother intercepting that one. Why would you want him? OK player, but you must be looking for better. So many teams at the bottom end are spening money on tosh right now. If Rovers get it right it could make such a difference. O.k, i can not see a deal being done for RSC... Sam is driving a hard bargain and so he should... Without RSC being sold, how much do you think Sam has to play with Nicko if any?.. Givet's wages will be about £1 million for the half of the season, so that would leave the pot at about £9 million including wages...
BlueWhiteDynamite Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 Givet's wages will be about £1 million for the half of the season, so that would leave the pot at about £9 million including wages... 40K a week ? that seems a bit steep
nicko Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 Blackburn ready to deal with Zoro Nicko?? I hear exactly the opposite.
Esulx Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 2 million seems too much for a guy whose contract runs out in 5 months. £17m seems a bit much for someone with 6months left on their contract eh Citeh fans!!!
BRFCBOY Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 LT reports that we are unlikely to sign zoro and badman gueye looks like nicko was correct
Bobby G Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 £17m seems a bit much for someone with 6months left on their contract eh Citeh fans!!! He has a contract that lasts another 3 and a half years!
nicko Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 LT reports that we are unlikely to sign zoro and badman gueye looks like nicko was correct Not shocked with Zoro, but a bit sorry for Gueye - heard he may not be as fit as he should be. The search for a right back and a squad striker goes on. Not to mention a possible right winger and a replacement for Roque. Oh, and maybe a defensive midfielder. Think Givet will start at Sunderland...45 minutes for the ressies is a classic sign of that plan.
Taggart Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 Not shocked with Zoro, but a bit sorry for Gueye - heard he may not be as fit as he should be. The search for a right back and a squad striker goes on. Not to mention a possible right winger and a replacement for Roque. Oh, and maybe a defensive midfielder. Think Givet will start at Sunderland...45 minutes for the ressies is a classic sign of that plan. He looked ok last night for the Ressies - very short on fitness and got skinned quite a few times at left back - but the conditions were poor and he looks like he has a pretty trustworthy left peg on him !
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.