RevidgeBlue Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Its pretty shyte mate but thats football and footballers today.Then again, if it was MILLIONS you were going to pocket wouldn't we ALL be the same?.............. We would be, but with millions already in the Bank, and with a six figure salary PER WEEK more or less assured, you'd have thought it would be a bit less of a consideration for these guys.
This thread is brought to you by theterracestore.com Enter code `BRFCS` at checkout for an exclusive discount!
John Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Our friends at the Mail claimed that Cruz would be a Man City player 48 hours ago...... Manchester City will kick-start the January sales by agreeing a fee of £18million with Blackburn for striker Roque Santa Cruz in the next 24 hours.
thenodrog Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 We would be, but with millions already in the Bank, and with a six figure salary PER WEEK more or less assured, you'd have thought it would be a bit less of a consideration for these guys. It might be without agent involvment.
bluebruce Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 I would although I can understand why some people would think otherwise. Lucash is stronger and better postionally than Brett. Emo's best position, in my opinion, is centre midfield. Lucash is ATROCIOUS positionally. Along with fouling people constantly, it is the weakest aspect of his game.
islander200 Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Islander quoted philip every paper in the country is expecting a bid to be made yet you think we should take your word for it? It has been coming every day so far and hasn't happened yet but other bids have been made by City. Fact or fiction? Nothing to do with my word or the fact you were horribly wrong about Ince. Why are you bringing up ince?I already stated i was wrong.Your the man who said there was not a chance that allardyce would be appointed manager can you explain this,considering all your sources within the club.Anyway i think city will bid because i will believe the thousand article ive read about them bidding.
92er Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 I think Nolan moved on a free to Preston but in the future we could earn a 6 figure fee for him dependent on how well he does. Radio Lancs talked about an undisclosed 6 figure sum. No details about Sergio Peter.
RevidgeBlue Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Lucash is ATROCIOUS positionally. Along with fouling people constantly, it is the weakest aspect of his game. Spot on. Emerton is infinitely better and safer at right back, with the exeption that he is poor in the air.
92er Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 [quote name='Tim Southampton Rover' post='717493' date='Jan 4 2009, 18:40 ' Double post.
SIMON GARNERS 194 Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 We would be, but with millions already in the Bank, and with a six figure salary PER WEEK more or less assured, you'd have thought it would be a bit less of a consideration for these guys. Agreed Rev but money is king these days and we all know it,they dont play for the shirt,love of the club or fans. When some 4,500 Rovers fans gave Roque a rapturous reception at Deepdale in the friendly a few years ago I bet his initial reaction was
The Prof. Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Florent Laville, Pierre-Yves Andre and somebody I forget... Joaquin wouldn't come now...Ferreira is an interesting thought but Chelsea are short of players. Sbragia is obviously not coming now. Wonder if Chris Sulley may turn up at some stage. Put on gardening leave by Bolton last I heard a couple of months ago. Same scouting staff. CHRIS SULLY - odd one but put on the dole actually - Seems Megs just didn't fancy him. quite capable. High wages probably did it (six figure reserve coach). says who Sam values in a team!
philipl Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Islander, you are shooting at ghosts- I do not think I said City won't bid have I? Anyway I agree 100% with both thenodrog and revidge blue's most recent posts. Combination transfers for more than one player pretty well don't happen any more and nothing has yet convinced me that Rovers will not end up anything but weaker- perhaps significantly if Roque moves during this window. Even if Sam got £15m to spend out of flogging off Roque, I cannot see players currently potentially available whom we would want and would be willing to come to Rovers over and above the likely budget Sam already has to play with.
The Prof. Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Nicko, i've heard that spurs are after pedersen again because they won't get downing could this possibly be true. I hope not because he's getting back to his best. Downing's going. Don't worry!
islander200 Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Islander, you are shooting at ghosts- I do not think I said City won't bid have I? Anyway I agree 100% with both thenodrog and revidge blue's most recent posts. Combination transfers for more than one player pretty well don't happen any more and nothing has yet convinced me that Rovers will not end up anything but weaker- perhaps significantly if Roque moves during this window. Even if Sam got £15m to spend out of flogging off Roque, I cannot see players currently potentially available whom we would want and would be willing to come to Rovers over and above the likely budget Sam already has to play with. yes byt rsc has done nothing for us this season if 15 mil is offered we have to take it,if we keep him there is no guarantee that his form will return or he will stay fit.btw can you explain why sam is our manager?
The Prof. Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Would be nice to hear the names soon nicko Any premier league clubs interested in Simon Rolfes from Leverkusen i noticed him playing for Germany against England and you said Rovers are after a defensive midfielder? I have no idea of his value although he seems like a good player, big guy to at 6.2ft! Just measured junior - 6'2" ain't big no more!
nicknj72 Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Not sure how much he'd cost, but the lad Kightly (Wolves), would be a good signing. Right midfielder, who scores goals.
The Prof. Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 yes byt rsc has done nothing for us this season if 15 mil is offered we have to take it,if we keep him there is no guarantee that his form will return or he will stay fit.btw can you explain why sam is our manager? No but RSc is proven. Who will come here who is already proven in the Prem? You are taking a risk with whoever it is when you might not need to.
hawkiiz Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 if roque leaves now, for say 20m - why should we pay him the 3-5m? isnt that what city should pay him as a sign-on fee? i dont get why he would expect any money if he have no clause (this window), or why we would ever agree to throw 3-5m away if we dont have to. its not like we have so much cash we can give it away just to be nice. get the 20m, or 18m and stick them in the bank. give sam 10m to work with and wish roque luck.
John Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 I really think Sam wants to keep Rocky. Selling him won't make us stronger. Yes, we will have more cash in the bank, but the January transfer window is a complete nightmare for buying players (as said by pretty much every manager in the league apart from Mark Hughes). If it was the summer, he would be more inclined to sell.
American Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Why are you bringing up ince?I already stated i was wrong.Your the man who said there was not a chance that allardyce would be appointed manager can you explain this,considering all your sources within the club.Anyway i think city will bid because i will believe the thousand article ive read about them bidding. Philip is also conveniently forgetting that he also supported Ince for a time. Not that there is anything wrong in supporting the manager, but makes it easy to say "I was right" when you had every opinion possible. Back to topic, though, I agree with Philip on this one. Just because every paper says it is going to happen, doesn't mean that it will. Many a time they have all been wrong on transfer gossip.
mattyboy6000 Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Care to eat your words. He's back "Vince Grella hopes to put his injury nightmare behind him" i think the key word here must be "hopes"
Stevo Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Both players seem plausible and Sam'ish signinings, particularly M'bami. Not sure how much football he has played this season, but he would certainly strengthen up the midfield. Nicko said we are after a strong holding midfielder and he would fit the bill, he may be the mystery foreigner? I would like to see Grella there though, but if he aint gonna stay fit then he isn't good enough or worth having. On the other hand, maybe Sam is looking to play 5 in the middle like this: - - - - - Grella - M'Bami - - - - - - - - - - - - - Dunn - - - - - - - - Diouf - - - - - - - - - - - - Gamst
Fife Rover Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Both players seem plausible and Sam'ish signinings, particularly M'bami. Not sure how much football he has played this season, but he would certainly strengthen up the midfield. Nicko said we are after a strong holding midfielder and he would fit the bill, he may be the mystery foreigner? I would like to see Grella there though, but if he aint gonna stay fit then he isn't good enough or worth having. On the other hand, maybe Sam is looking to play 5 in the middle like this: - - - - - Grella - M'Bami - - - - - - - - - - - - - Dunn - - - - - - - - Diouf - - - - - - - - - - - - Gamst Don't want Gamst in the team at all......much rather have Pederson; far better player than Gamst.
Amo Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 Don't want Gamst in the team at all......much rather have Pederson; far better player than Gamst. I disagree there. If anything, Pedersen is better than both of them.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.