BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Year In Review

Wolverine

I would just like to thank everyone for their comments on my review and thanks in particular to everyone for taking it in the manner it was intended - tongue in cheek. I would be happy to provide a January review at the end of next month, but I would also love to know if there are any others happy/brave enough to keep the upbeat monthly reviews going?

Good effort Wolverine.

Who on earth could have predicted the last 12 months shennanigins? Nostradamus would have had trouble forseeing that eh creosote? :rolleyes: If anybody had even come close he would have been hounded off here as a whiptop. :wacko:

I think you are more Nosferatu than Nostradamus Fourbogs.

• Backroom
Paul immediately promised to take us into the bottom three during his press conference and the board was split. Half of us were against the appointment, half of us wanted him to have his chance and the other half couldn't count.

:D brilliant job, fella.

Not sure which thread is most relevant for this article I stumbled across earlier today PL Preview Blackburn Rovers August 5th A couple of notable sentences in what as proved to be an astute preview:

"Instead Ince will rely on his own mercurial motivational powers; the Bentley money; and, for want of anything better, the as-yet-untapped tactical genius of his new backroom defensive guru Nigel Winterburn"

"If room for improvement looks capped by a lack of spending power, things could still quite easily go the other way. Blackburn have taken a huge gamble with an innovative managerial appointment. At the same time they've failed to provide the kind of team-building funds a more experienced manager would have demanded. Ince will be desperate to earn himself some breathing space by getting off to a good start. Anything else could see the accumulated confidence of the Hughes era draining away very quickly. Either way, it should be fascinating to watch

Excellent review - thoroughly enjoyed it.

Question for any stattos on the board: if the season had been 2008 calendar year, would we have been relegated? I'm guessing so. Similar to if the league had been played in calendar year 1994 we would have been champions by a record humungous points total

Well, statto.com has the league tables on any date, and we picked up 28 points in 18 games in 2008 for last season, and so far have picked up 17 points in 19 games for this season. 45 points would've put us 12th last season.

Interestingly, for 1994-95, we picked up 42 points in 20 games in the second half of 1993-94, and 49 points in 21 games in the first half of 1994-95. Add another couple of points for the extra game, and that's a mammoth 93 points we would've accumulated had that been a whole season. Would've won the title by 5 points in 1994-95 but just one point in 1993-94.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Wolverine.

Excellant stuff, I'm sending you a crate of fine wine; an ounce of finest black; and an adventurous pair of female Phillipino twins (that means there are four of them) with a large jar of KY jelly.

Archived