BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Evening With Simon Garner

What about the chap who said ''I've only two questions Simon, and one is, why isnt there a picture of you on the wall'' to which a couple of guys got up and pointed to Simon Garners picture on the wall, then the rest of the blues bar chanted to the chap ''Who are you '' Who are you '' Quality!

I want some of what he was drinking!!!! lol

Liked the one about how he always seemed to score against Burnley, in one particular game for West Brom at Tiny turf he came on as a sub for last ten minutes with the baggies two nil down. West Brom get a free kick around the edge of the box, Garner takes it, top corner, goal!!! Off Simon goes celebrating along the longside gesturing at the same time, how he loved that celebration.

At the end of the game Simon has a shower, changes comes out the players entrance only to be met by a Dingle brandishing a kitchen knife asking 'whens that Garner fellow coming out', to which Simon says, words to the effect 'he getting changed', then proceeds to walk past the guy and goes home. Quality !

How he loved to play against Burnley top man!

Simon Garner qouted in his LET column today as saying he never played a game against Burnley?????? :o

COME NOW!....didn't you score the winner from the penalty spot at home in '83 to help send them tumbling down the leagues Garns! :lol:

I saw him score at Turf Moor with my own eyes ! Does he have Alzheimers ?

I saw him score at Turf Moor with my own eyes ! Does he have Alzheimers ?

he slotted one in left foot into goal in front of cricket field stand I think ( home supporters end at the time ), where loads of rovers jumped up to celebrate, the bloke behind me got smacked by a dingle, before stewards intervened, that was 1-0 win in the 80's and last visit since macteer scored

he slotted one in left foot into goal in front of cricket field stand I think ( home supporters end at the time ), where loads of rovers jumped up to celebrate, the bloke behind me got smacked by a dingle, before stewards intervened, that was 1-0 win in the 80's and last visit since macteer scored

It looked just as good from the Bee Hole End, although I must confess to not jumping up and down. I think they had closed the gates to our section of the Longside.

It looked just as good from the Bee Hole End, although I must confess to not jumping up and down. I think they had closed the gates to our section of the Longside.

About a dozen of us were still queing to get in the Bee hole end when he scored.

The longside was full and the Cricket field stand was staging world war 3.

About a dozen of us were still queing to get in the Bee hole end when he scored.

The longside was full and the Cricket field stand was staging world war 3.

correct longside was closed so they put a load into the beehive, including a coach from our local in waterside, Darwen

I saw them enter, unmistakeable blue and white flat cap hats, then the realisation from the longsiders that rovers were in their end and then the surge and fighting began

Where i was in the cricket field got tasty when some rovers bloke arrived late, in denim jeans and jacket and screamed at the top of his voice , last time I came to this shithole we were 3 nil up at half time come on rovers stuff the @#/?s

Was there no board members present thought rovermum was going ?

A couple of snipits, Simon doesnt think his goalscoring record will ever be broken at Ewood, purely because the players today get into the spotlight quickly then look to move on.

Another was he didnt think Matty Derbyshire is premiership material thats from Rovers all time record goalscorer.

Archived