BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Innocent Arsenal as always. If Adebayor gets done for inciting the crowd then so to should Van Persie.

Maybe they should review the high tackles by Bentner & Van Persie on Adebayor too.

Van Persie should be punished for enticing the crowd with his celebration? What on earth are you on about now?

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Arsenal are hardly the victims in all this. There's just a lot of guilty parties - Adebayor, Hughes for saying it was ok, the arsenal fans, RVP and several other players for their shocking tackles on Adebayor.

Also I'd disagree about their past conduct removing any sympathy for them. Arsenal's thuggery, Wenger's not seeing incidents, and their diving has been a bane on the english game for years.

To give Wenger his due after the game he said he didn't see this incident properly so didn't comment on it.

For me the football world would be a poorer place without Mr Wenger although thats a different issue altogether.

I am not condoning abuse from the crowd.

What I am saying is that to allow crowd abuse as a legitimate defense for raking an opponent and running the length of the pitch to wind up the opposition support even more is the road to madness.

Not for the stamp, that was a rush of blood to the head, which he will be banned for an deserves the 3 games he will get.

If the crowd give a player abuse and he scores he has every right to show his delight back to them IMO. If the fans can't take what they are dishing out then it is a poor show. I didn't see our away support rushing forward to attack Robbie Blake when he celebrated in front of us vs Brimingham. Fair play to the ref for not sending him off as well. The FA now seem able to dish out extra punishments on top of those awarded by the ref in the situation, something that "wasn't possible" before the Ben Thatcher foul, or was it something the FA hid behind for years?

'The Premier League has made a one-off £1m payment to help the 68 Conference football clubs cope with the current adverse economic conditions.'

Good to see, it's not much at all, but will go a long way at the bottom tiers of english football

It is a nice gesture but £15,000 each will not go very far at all :( At many of the clubs it wouldn't even cover a weeks wages.

But still, better than nothing.

• Backroom

An Everton supporting mate mentioned this morning he is rumoured to be going there, rather have Jacobsen myself from what I've seen.

Good to see Arsenal win tonight, hope they win the Champs League but they lack something yet.

Archived