BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's obviously a reaction to Neville's injury, but as he plays most of his games in midfield I do find it a bit strange. The only thing I can think of is that Heitinga will go in defensive midfield and Lucash cover his position in defence.

Telegraph is reporting £40,000 a week by the way.

Absolutely.

Why did Everton get rid of him?

Didn't they offer him a years extension to his contract, but as we offered two years (and presumably more regular football) he chose us?

Looks like a cracking freebie anyway, he is definitely an upgrade on Ooijer at right back.

Calum Davenport statement from hospital ...

Calum said:

I just wanted to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has sent messages of support to me and my family over the last few weeks. It has been a tough time and the support has been very much appreciated.

At the moment I am still in hospital and have quite a long way to go on the road to recovery but I am feeling positive. Thanks to the club, my team-mates and fans, to the club doctors and the amazing staff at Bedford Hospital who have looked after me so well.

I would also like to thank anyone who has ever donated blood, as you probably saved my life. I would like to encourage everyone to give blood.

Good luck to him.

Didn't they offer him a years extension to his contract, but as we offered two years (and presumably more regular football) he chose us?

Looks like a cracking freebie anyway, he is definitely an upgrade on Ooijer at right back.

Yeah they offered him a deal - but he choose to leave as he wasnt a regular last season and felt he had a better chance with us. Very good signing so far.

Yeah they offered him a deal - but he choose to leave as he wasnt a regular last season and felt he had a better chance with us. Very good signing so far.

I'm amazed Moyes let such a good player slip through his fingers only to sign Lucas Neill a couple of months later.

Unless of course Jacobsen has flattered to deceive so far.........hope not.

I'm amazed Moyes let such a good player slip through his fingers only to sign Lucas Neill a couple of months later.

Unless of course Jacobsen has flattered to deceive so far.........hope not.

Jacobsen is a very average full back, nothing more nothing less.

Decent free transfer.

Jacobsen is a very average full back, nothing more nothing less.

Decent free transfer.

I'll speak as I find Mick, and having watched him in person a couple of time so far he's been excellent for us.

Im 100% with T4E too on this - unless of course you was expecting us to sign some super-star from Barca or Madrid?! :huh:

Jacob has been a cracker so far.......... :o

Archived